Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 2nd, 2015, 13:01   #121
N_Force

APS can use RS stock but you need to modify a bit since the back of the APS receiver is slight difference design from RS. I would say the G&P work too. I have the RS pistol grip attached with it and did a bit mod on it and works fine, also the magpul stock too. Will show you pictures later today foe your reference.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 18:22   #122
rOnii

thx again for your help mister !

I've tested my 20oz CO2 bottle...holy *** !! I felt a little recoil in my shoulder when I shoot ! no joke ! that's pretty scary ! It fires really hard !

Btw, is it me or WGC shop took some drugs before referencing the APS barrel lengths on their website ? 12.5inch , 19inch, 22inch ..... take a look at it
rOnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 21:52   #123
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotin View Post
I'm thinking of picking up a CAM870 SF because I like the shorter barrel and I hear it includes the version 2 bolt. I'd like to find a regular buttstock for it, but I've heard conflicting reports on what will and won't fit or where to find them. Hoping for something like this:
http://www.torontoairsoft.com/GP-M87...ck_p_2343.html

Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

left side is the APS wood stock, right side is the RS pistol grip that you need to cut open to let the receiver sit in. I believe the G&P stock also need to cut both side too.
PS, the long screw for lock the stock, has to use APS one, or look for the same thread as APS. RS one doesn't fit into APS receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOnii View Post
thx again for your help mister !

I've tested my 20oz CO2 bottle...holy *** !! I felt a little recoil in my shoulder when I shoot ! no joke ! that's pretty scary ! It fires really hard !

Btw, is it me or WGC shop took some drugs before referencing the APS barrel lengths on their website ? 12.5inch , 19inch, 22inch ..... take a look at it
Hope you can fix it like I did. I hardly have jam again.

The 20oz CO2 tank is a good test, possible the capacity is higher than the 12gm one, then effect the pressure that can shoot harder. I did shoot the Tanaka M870 with Madbull shell filled with CO2, also had the same recoil like you did. It was coming from the recoil of the bolt. That was awesome!

Last edited by N_Force; January 30th, 2015 at 04:35..
Old January 15th, 2015, 05:08   #124
rOnii

Sometimes when I pull the trigger the hammer releases only when the trigger comes back to is initial position. So it fires only when the trigger comes back.

I looked at the trigger assembly and nothing seems damage. But I clearly see that the " C plate" sear doesn't go back enough to release the hammer when I pull the trigger .

Here is mine :

Last edited by rOnii; January 15th, 2015 at 19:59..
Old January 16th, 2015, 10:31   #125
N_Force

Very nice... rOnii

hope it helps, based on what you mentioned

check the up dated APS trigger tune-up details
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...=167420&page=2

Last edited by N_Force; January 16th, 2015 at 14:02..
Old January 17th, 2015, 20:28   #126
Sparky19707

New to the forum, basically because of this gun and the great postings about this amazing gun. N_Force, great detail on your work. I played last week with co2 and was happy, this week I played with 1400psi hpa and loved it! Here is my build.
Sparky19707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 00:35   #127
boony

Quote:
Sometimes when I pull the trigger the hammer releases only when the trigger comes back to is initial position. So it fires only when the trigger comes back.

I looked at the trigger assembly and nothing seems damage. But I clearly see that the " C plate" sear doesn't go back enough to release the hammer when I pull the trigger .

Here is mine :

That looks freaking perfect mate!

How did you get the barrel and magazine tube to be flush like that?!

I have a 14" barrel and it protrudes roughly an inch passed the cap. I want my barrel to be perfectly flush like yours to the cap, without the sling mount. I also will go with the walnut Remington 870 furniture just like yours soon!

Where did you get the rifle sights?
I might tap the receiver to throw on a ghost sight soon.

Also, N_Force, amazing thread. I did all the of the tuning up that you mentioned. But I am quite pissed about my ejection plate. It just did not work out of the box. The shotgun double and triple-feed jams. No retention of shells whatsoever. If anyone has a right ejection plate, please let me know! I am about to order another from APS website.

Heres mine With Hogue Furniture. I highly recommend the 12" LOP Stock and the rubber grip it comes with. Also I have the S&J Hardware 6-shell holder. It uses a velcro strip to attach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mail Attachment1.jpg (1.14 MB, 31 views)
boony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 09:17   #128
rOnii

Nice mate !

I was waiting for my 12 LOP hogue kit but the fucking french post office return it to USA because of incomplete adress...

For the barrel I just cut it to the right lenght !
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:24   #129
boony

Quote:
Nice mate !

I was waiting for my 12 LOP hogue kit but the fucking french post office return it to USA because of incomplete adress...

For the barrel I just cut it to the right lenght !
That sucks, you need to get your hands on this furniture. Make them send it back, usually I thought the post office will hold the package?

Hmmmm. Interesting. I might just do that immediately!!
What tools/method did you use exactly? I might grab supplies today and attempt the cut. Any tips/hints?

What did you use to attach the iron sights to the barrel?

Last edited by boony; January 18th, 2015 at 11:33..
Old January 18th, 2015, 22:56   #130
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by boony View Post
Also, N_Force, amazing thread. I did all the of the tuning up that you mentioned. But I am quite pissed about my ejection plate. It just did not work out of the box. The shotgun double and triple-feed jams. No retention of shells whatsoever. If anyone has a right ejection plate, please let me know! I am about to order another from APS website.
did you mean the shell latch right hand side? there is a way can fix it but has to be precise. also there is a metal o-ring inside shell tube that may has to be adjusted too. I did it once for an ASC member, it took couple of times of disassembled and re-assembled. then adjusted it working pretty good. but the best and easiest way is just replace a new one.

Old January 18th, 2015, 23:02   #131
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky19707 View Post
New to the forum, basically because of this gun and the great postings about this amazing gun. N_Force, great detail on your work. I played last week with co2 and was happy, this week I played with 1400psi hpa and loved it! Here is my build.
very nice wooden furniture, like the color and the texture

Old January 19th, 2015, 03:46   #132
rOnii

For the moment the iron sight are just glued with a little bit of epoxy for the pics.
I will drill and thread holes.

For the barrel I use my dremel with a cutting disk but a metal saw will do the job even better . Don't worry it's easy.

Got some news for my furnitures : DIRECT RETURN TO USA !!! Fucking French post office. Usually they have to hold the package seven days before sending it back. They sent it back 1h after declaring it was the wrong adress...f** them !

Last edited by rOnii; January 19th, 2015 at 03:55..
Old January 21st, 2015, 21:46   #133
boony

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
did you mean the shell latch right hand side? there is a way can fix it but has to be precise. also there is a metal o-ring inside shell tube that may has to be adjusted too. I did it once for an ASC member, it took couple of times of disassembled and re-assembled. then adjusted it working pretty good. but the best and easiest way is just replace a new one.

Yes, when you flip the gun and look into the breech, it is on the left side. So when the gun is upright, right side.

I actually was trying to bend the metal nib that holds the shells itself more outward, i gave it a little force and it snapped completely. Do not try and bend the metal, it isn't malleable at all .

I just took off the ball sight on my 14" barrel. I'm planning on cutting it about 0.5" just like rOnii, but I realize that the hole for the ball sight will be a half-moon once I make the cut. So must buy a sight to stick on top in that place to cover it. Hopefully since this isn't a real shotgun, there wont be accuracy issues due to that nib at the end of the barrel.

Last edited by boony; January 22nd, 2015 at 18:34..
Old January 24th, 2015, 01:46   #134
Ripper13124

Smile

Help new user on this forum

Mine
Before

Now wip

And the new one

Ripper13124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2015, 10:45   #135
Ripper13124