Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is hero outdoors legit?

:

General

Old February 3rd, 2014, 16:39   #16
Wardlord

Great store, merchandise and customer service. Talk with Graham aka Viperfish and he will set you up with whatever you need. He is a very active member of the community and definitely knows his stuff. If you ever have a chance to visit the store, I would highly suggest it, fantastic for all kinds of outdoor activities.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 16:44   #17
_Whiskey_

Not a bad place for gear, I have bought gear from them in the past however Personally I would not buy guns or internals from there but for gear can't go wrong.
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 16:46   #18
Wardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Whiskey_ View Post
Not a bad place for gear, I have bought gear from them in the past however Personally I would not buy guns or internals from there but for gear can't go wrong.
May I ask why you would never buy a gun or internals from them?
Old February 3rd, 2014, 20:21   #19
QKLee11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardlord View Post
Great store, merchandise and customer service. Talk with Graham aka Viperfish and he will set you up with whatever you need. He is a very active member of the community and definitely knows his stuff. If you ever have a chance to visit the store, I would highly suggest it, fantastic for all kinds of outdoor activities.
Their Good, talk to Graham, I have always got good deals there...the last was on a used Tactical Tailor Vest which was still in prime shape

Thank You Hero Surplus for Sponsoring NIGHTFALL
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 20:37   #20
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
I've always had an excellent experience when dealing with Hero and their store even has a lot of neat one off items that are not on the website as well. If what you order is out of stock, they'll work with you to eitehr get it or just pull it off your order list. Frankly it's the perfect place for a novice airsofter to visit, not only are there weapons (which are priced as the same as the competition or better & they price match) there's a whole assortment of decent quality gear available as well.

Never had an issue myself, as Wardlord asked I think _Whiskey_ should qualify his statement, seems odd considering Hero has the same stuff that everyone else carries pretty much at the same prices.

Any questions, just call it's toll free after all.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45

Last edited by Colin_S; February 3rd, 2014 at 20:42..
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 21:01   #21
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

No, Hero Outdoor is not legit, it's the worst place ever. We just like to throw our money at the worst possible option :P (Joking)

Real Answer: Yeah, it's a pretty good place, lots of stuff to be found there, prices are what you'd expect for a surplus store. Staff are decent. Call them or take a trip to the store and check it out, see what you think for yourself.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 21:09   #22
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

walked in to buy a sling, bbs and an MRE

walked out with a few patches, sling, bbs and a shotgun...
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 21:47   #23
_Whiskey_

Just don't trust buying guns from there. A friend of mine got screwed awhile back.
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 21:59   #24
redneck12

I have bought 5 GBBR's and 3 GBBP's from them so far and never had a problem, other then the hole in my wallet. I always go in there for something small but I almost always seem to walk out with a gun lol.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 01:27   #25
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

NEVER GO THERE YOU WILL LEAVE BROKE. Lol that place is like a candy store no lie. Its an excellent store to go and find gear or guns and most parts you need. Graham is a great guy with an excellent standing in the community. It's like a 15 minute drive and every visit I leave with more than I expected. It's like a fat chick at a buffet, you need WILLPOWER.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 13:24   #26
Scumdogcraig

Took a road trip to look at airsoft stores in Toronto over Christmas shutdown and went to Hero Outdoors on a whim. My brother saw the website and thought it may have some decent stuff to see. Well holy shit if there wasnt a huge selection of stuff. Bdu's to internals to the Strike Industrys forward grip I have never seen at a canadian retailer or website. Staff were friendly and helpful. Its 2 hours away but I'ld go again, just with more money next time.
Scumdogcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 13:51   #27
Wardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Whiskey_ View Post
Just don't trust buying guns from there. A friend of mine got screwed awhile back.
Can you elaborate? There has to be more to this story than that. I doubt they screwed your friend..
Old February 4th, 2014, 14:21   #28
talon

Never been to Hero, but Graham (fish), dude who deals with the airsoft stuff, is legit. Any questions you have, he's got a good base of knowledge. Nice guy, too.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 16:36   #29
siggypoo

Only prob I ever had with Hero's was when I took in my MP7 AEG for repairs and it didn't get done. I'm sure it had to do with a staff change, and they got it back to me unchanged and without any charges. They're very fair.
Like I said, that out of twenty-plus years their customer.
Old February 4th, 2014, 16:47   #30
nichtessen

Bought stuff from them last year. Item wouldn't make it out in time, employee also an airsoft we brought it for me. Amazing service and a huge selection of items. Actually have $200 worth of gear in the cart waiting for payday to come around lol.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General