Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC (UMAREX) MP5 GBBR Owners Thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 22nd, 2013, 13:56   #166
N_Force

You never know much much I love MP5. When I was young, I stayed in airport a lot seeing those special force patrolling and carrying the MP5A3, soooo cool! My first AEG was TM MP5A3.
Then once vfc released the first one, I bought it from cottoni. It was so exciting though it was a lemon. The barrel was not aligned properly and broke the nozzle in day one. I also complained to umarex but they just pasted me to the US umerex and got no solution. K model, still looking for it??

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2013, 21:31   #167
spartan117

Has anyone tried the 2.6mm or 2.3mm azimuth valves? How are they?
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:11   #168
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
I haven't used those ones, but I used the ones before which didnt have any indication. They were just "enhanced release valves from azimuth". There's not much difference and maybe not as good since the valve has such a tiny nipple spot that must be hit dead on otherwise the gun won't shoot properly. I like the original ones better, I ordered those directly from VFC. The version 2 release valves come with better o-rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
You never know much much I love MP5. When I was young, I stayed in airport a lot seeing those special force patrolling and carrying the MP5A3, soooo cool! My first AEG was TM MP5A3.
Then once vfc released the first one, I bought it from cottoni. It was so exciting though it was a lemon. The barrel was not aligned properly and broke the nozzle in day one. I also complained to umarex but they just pasted me to the US umerex and got no solution. K model, still looking for it??
Mp5 was my favourite gun in many first person shooters. Like CS, Tactical-Ops and Frag-Ops.
It was fast, reliable and the recoil wasn't that "crazy" so that is why I fell in love with the actual gun!

Mine wasn't a lemon surprisingly, I bought mine from Cottoni too! It was realllllllllyyyyyyyyy expensive though at that time!
My original nozzle has not broken yet either. I just replaced it out to the version 2 anyways since the version 2 was better seated.

Last edited by Sequential; November 23rd, 2013 at 02:13..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 11:00   #169
Tisane

Quote:
They are utter shite, the opening of the valve is restricted by a rubber o ring and that o ring swells over time completely stopping the valve from opening.
And as above with the movement in the firing pin assembly the pin sometimes misses the valve head giving the dead mans click.

Its a shame you guys have so much grief getting hold of these things, your missing out on the MP5k.
Tisane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:31   #170
cookedham

Quote:
When can I get to see your sexy MP5? Lol I may be able to join the game on 15. Will I get to see you there with your MP5? Haha
Yup I m still looking for the k model? U got a way to get one?

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2013, 13:07   #171
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
Its a shame you guys have so much grief getting hold of these things, your missing out on the MP5k.
The way you talked really make me more liking it and keep digging to look for one, dame it! LOL

Old November 23rd, 2013, 13:13   #172
N_Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookedham View Post
When can I get to see your sexy MP5? Lol I may be able to join the game on 15. Will I get to see you there with your MP5? Haha
Yup I m still looking for the k model? U got a way to get one?
I want to go too but I have to wait for the end of the month to confirm if I'll be free since I have already had other game posted up.
K model, like I said, it's really really hard. If I could get one I wpwuld let you know!

Old November 24th, 2013, 01:50   #173
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
They are utter shite, the opening of the valve is restricted by a rubber o ring and that o ring swells over time completely stopping the valve from opening.
And as above with the movement in the firing pin assembly the pin sometimes misses the valve head giving the dead mans click.

+1 Azimuth is shit. Azimuth makes so much bad products, I don't even understand how they are still producing stuff. Even the loading nozzle from them kept getting stuck with my enhanced cylinder.

Last edited by Sequential; November 24th, 2013 at 14:09..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:18   #174
spartan117

alright so standard vfc mp5 mags it is.
Old November 24th, 2013, 14:07   #175
Sequential

Quote:
alright so standard vfc mp5 mags it is.
I only use standard VFC mags (they seem to cycle the best). I just take them apart to repair the seals and make them thicker with some blue gasket maker. So pretty much I've re-sealed 6 mags which are bulletproof from leaking. I do have two other mags which have azimuth tits but I always have this feeling that they don't strike as good if the mag is on an angle...
Old November 24th, 2013, 14:38   #176
spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequential View Post
I only use standard VFC mags (they seem to cycle the best). I just take them apart to repair the seals and make them thicker with some blue gasket maker. So pretty much I've re-sealed 6 mags which are bulletproof from leaking. I do have two other mags which have azimuth tits but I always have this feeling that they don't strike as good if the mag is on an angle...
Can you do a guide on that?
Old November 24th, 2013, 16:32   #177
N_Force

Quote:
+1 Azimuth is shit. Azimuth makes so much bad products, I don't even understand how they are still producing stuff. Even the loading nozzle from them kept getting stuck with my enhanced cylinder.
The azimuth loading nozzle latest one is good now, need no mod to fit in to enhanced cylinder. But the old one I spent alot of time to file it down to make it work the best. No matter how, this material is pretty good, even I had bb got stuck in front of the nozzle sometimes, only deform a bit but never break. cough cough!
The reduce flow cylinder bulb is useless, only reduce 15 fps but not as it says 1/3. May be I didn't install it right?

Old November 24th, 2013, 17:31   #178
Sequential

Quote:
The azimuth loading nozzle latest one is good now, need no mod to fit in to enhanced cylinder. But the old one I spent alot of time to file it down to make it work the best. No matter how, this material is pretty good, even I had bb got stuck in front of the nozzle sometimes, only deform a bit but never break. cough cough!
The reduce flow cylinder bulb is useless, only reduce 15 fps but not as it says 1/3. May be I didn't install it right?
the cylinder bulb I use puts the gun around 335FPS.
It comes with two springs, I haven't chrony'd it yet properly.
The new azimuth loading nozzle is a copy of the VFC version 2 nozzle LOL.
The VFC Version 2 loading nozzle is better quality than the azimuth because it is made out of nylon fiber.
Old November 24th, 2013, 23:10   #179
N_Force

Quote:
the cylinder bulb I use puts the gun around 335FPS.
It comes with two springs, I haven't chrony'd it yet properly.
The new azimuth loading nozzle is a copy of the VFC version 2 nozzle LOL.
The VFC Version 2 loading nozzle is better quality than the azimuth because it is made out of nylon fiber.
I think the one you're using is Aplus that comes with two springs. Just wonder which one make the lower fps? I finally add a screw in front of the original cylinder bulb to reduce the fps from 410 to around 320. Now I'm ready for the gbb game next month!

Old November 24th, 2013, 23:20   #180
Sequential

Quote:
I think the one you're using is Aplus that comes with two springs. Just wonder which one make the lower fps? I finally add a screw in front of the original cylinder bulb to reduce the fps from 410 to around 320. Now I'm ready for the gbb game next month!
Are you coming with me and my friend, we are playing GBB MP5 only!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion