Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This is the KJ 10/22 thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 26th, 2011, 02:12   #31
Rai

So are this like available now for wide scale purchasing? The digging I did said they are avaliable 2012.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 02:24   #32
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro

Yes, they are out on the market. BuyAirsoft has them for a very reasonable price.

I'm thinking of picking one of these up...is there/will there be an NPAS for the KC02?
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:16   #33
Andres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrief View Post
BuyAirsoft has them for a very reasonable price.
Bah, a few days too late. Oh well. Hopefully they'll get magazines in for a reasonable price, can't have too many of those.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:44   #34
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Can't wait to see one turned as a M1 Carbine with the Ra-Tech wood kit.

Still hesitant.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:50   #35
Strelok

Man, I'm really itching to buy one of these!
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:06   #36
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Hehe. Any idea what was the FPS on it on the field? Reviews says it ranges from pretty much 400 to 430.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Old April 26th, 2011, 10:14   #37
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
Question for you onwers : how loud is the thing ? All GBBRs I had in hand so far had huge bolt carrier and so : very loud sound even with my Gemtech G5 (best I ever had for noise reduction).
The 10/22 has internals a lot lighter/thinner so I'm guessing it may be a lot more quiet.
Most of the noise in this is from the barrel. This is one of the few airsoft guns out there that actually have a loud muzzle report. I tried a Firepig on mine just for kicks, and it was LOUDDDDDD! lol. I may have to keep it that way.

The bolt assembly is fairly light weight, which is why felt blowback is low, cycling speeds are fast, and the overall mechanical noise is low (also due to the simplicity of the mechanism.)
I haven't had a chance to try a silencer yet, but now you've got me curious. Maybe when I get time, I'll try it out.

TSC has just released a slew of steel internal components which I'm intent on installing in to mine.

Last edited by ILLusion; April 26th, 2011 at 10:22..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:14   #38
Strelok

Do these things have threads out of the box?

I just had a wild idea i've been aching to try
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:21   #39
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
So are this like available now for wide scale purchasing? The digging I did said they are avaliable 2012.
Available in many places now. I'd already sold out of my first shipment and can't get more due to lack of inventory at all my suppliers. Demand on these is extremely high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrief View Post
I'm thinking of picking one of these up...is there/will there be an NPAS for the KC02?
RA-Tech is working on an NPAS, but it's not on market yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
Bah, a few days too late. Oh well. Hopefully they'll get magazines in for a reasonable price, can't have too many of those.
I've got plenty more in stock if you're still interested. I'm shipping yours out in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
Hehe. Any idea what was the FPS on it on the field? Reviews says it ranges from pretty much 400 to 430.
I'd used up maybe 1/3rd of the gas out of a magazine when I first chronoed mine... the magazine had sat overnight, and I did a shot with a 0.25g BB, which yielded 2.13 Joules. That much power is equivalent to 480fps with a 0.20g BB!

Follow up shots dropped in power significantly. Haven't had a chance to do more chrono testing, but it's safe to say that an NPAS would be highly recommended.

I'd imagine Styrak's 0.40g BB's must've been putting out close to 2.5 Joules of power, which is equivalent to 520fps with 0.20g! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Do these things have threads out of the box?

I just had a wild idea i've been aching to try
Yup, it has threads right out of the box. It's covered by a nicely machined thread protector cap at the muzzle.

What do you have in mind?
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:24   #40
Strelok

I'm obsessed with the idea of suppressed carbines, if the majority of the sound report is from the barrel, I think this gun may be nicely suited to the job!

(Semi auto is nice, too :9)
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:28   #41
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I'm obsessed with the idea of suppressed carbines, if the majority of the sound report is from the barrel, I think this gun may be nicely suited to the job!
You're still going to hear the mechanical clicking and clacking of the bolt. If you want totally silent, then get an AEG. Or an NBB

I have a feeling that part of the reason why the muzzle report is so loud, is because the inner barrel actually only runs half way through the outer barrel. That leaves the rest of the room to allow the expanding gas and muzzle break to resonate through the outer barrel and create an overall louder report.

I'm still surprised at how powerful and accurate this gun is, considering how short the inner barrel is.
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:31   #42
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

And Brian, do you know if they are finally going to release "long" mags?

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Old April 26th, 2011, 10:39   #43
Strelok

Oh, the bolt clicking is fine. I've been losing a lot of interest in AEG's for the past while ever since the advent of GBBR's. I'd rather have the clicking bolt than a whiny motor

Besides, Would still be a cool project either way.

Is buyairsoft the only ones selling the KJ02 at the moment?
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:40   #44
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
Question for you onwers : how loud is the thing ? All GBBRs I had in hand so far had huge bolt carrier and so : very loud sound even with my Gemtech G5 (best I ever had for noise reduction).
The 10/22 has internals a lot lighter/thinner so I'm guessing it may be a lot more quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Most of the noise in this is from the barrel. This is one of the few airsoft guns out there that actually have a loud muzzle report. I tried a Firepig on mine just for kicks, and it was LOUDDDDDD! lol. I may have to keep it that way.

The bolt assembly is fairly light weight, which is why felt blowback is low, cycling speeds are fast, and the overall mechanical noise is low (also due to the simplicity of the mechanism.)
I haven't had a chance to try a silencer yet, but now you've got me curious. Maybe when I get time, I'll try it out.
It's not that loud, a lot quieter than a WE M4. I put a foam filled silencer on mine and it didn't make THAT much difference, but it made enough difference to make me want to keep the silencer on.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd used up maybe 1/3rd of the gas out of a magazine when I first chronoed mine... the magazine had sat overnight, and I did a shot with a 0.25g BB, which yielded 2.13 Joules. That much power is equivalent to 480fps with a 0.20g BB!

Follow up shots dropped in power significantly. Haven't had a chance to do more chrono testing, but it's safe to say that an NPAS would be highly recommended.

I'd imagine Styrak's 0.40g BB's must've been putting out close to 2.5 Joules of power, which is equivalent to 520fps with 0.20g! LOL
In my house, the gun was chronying 420-440 on 0.20's (1.8 joule). On 0.28's it chronied 380 (1.9 joule) and on 0.40's it chronied 350 (2.15 joule, equivalent to 480fps on 0.20's). So not as high as you thought Illusion!

Quote:
TSC has just released a slew of steel internal components which I'm intent on installing in to mine.
Why fix what isn't broken?

In other news, the gun has incredible range and GREAT accuracy. I got a lot of one shot, one kills. A lot of other kills only took 2 or 3 shots, and a lot of the time I wasn't even using the sights.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; April 26th, 2011 at 10:50..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:56   #45
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
And Brian, do you know if they are finally going to release "long" mags?
Haven't heard any such indication from my end, but then again, my grasp of KJW news releases is not great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Why fix what isn't broken?
To make sure it never breaks... and to increase weight.

Anyways, that's a common problem I have. I don't think I own a single unmodified gun. lol

Last edited by ILLusion; April 26th, 2011 at 10:59..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion