Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Glock 17

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 6th, 2008, 20:25   #1
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

Glock 17

hey guys i was looking into getting another glock i would get the 17 iv got the 23f and 19

i dont know if i should get the Tokyo Marui or the Ksc

thanks
HaloSix4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:27   #2
matt491

I can't speak for the TM, I've never owned one, but I have a KSC glock 17 and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Only thing I can say is throw on a metal slide and upgraded recoil spring/rod and you'll be set for life! REALLY nice weight, hard, crisp blowback and runs awesome on propane. Very nice look, feel, weight and accuracy. NEVER had a problem with her in my life. As I said before, I wouldn't trade her for the world.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...s/100_2805.jpg

Glock 17 is in the top right. She's a beaut!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:31   #3
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

nice so ksc is the way to go

by the way will it fit the tokyo marui frames like OD and Tan
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:37   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
TM and KSC Glocks aren't compatible.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:38   #5
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

damn

is there different frames that will fit the ksc
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:43   #6
KEVORKIAN

TM G17 3rd Gen would be my recommendation:
- Very, very accurate stock form.
- Great recoil on propane, slide can handle it.
- Lots of upgrade options that are readily available at all HK retailers.

Can't find a better gun out of the box when it comes to the G17's!

My 2 cents....

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:54   #7
Crunchmeister

I can't speak for the TM, but I also have a KSC, and it's a badass gun. Stock, it was great, but felt a little too "toyish" for my liking. HFC134a just didn't give me the power and range that I wanted, although it was plenty accurate. And I was afraid to break it shooting propane.

So I upgraded to a metal slide, steel spring guide, and an upgraded recoil spring. I also installed a Madbull Black Python 6.03mm tightbore barrel. This gun is sweet as hell now. It feels great, and sounds even better with all the metal parts.

I won't be parting ways with this baby anytime soon.
Old February 6th, 2008, 20:59   #8
WhatTheWho

Picking up another KSC Glock means you can use the magazines you already own.

I'm partial to KSC Glocks myself, as I do own a couple Glocks.
Old February 6th, 2008, 21:06   #9
Tex

Airsoft + Glocks = KSC!

I have had four KSC glocks now my oldest is around 7 years I think.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 21:07   #10
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
all the glocks i've owned so far had been KSC. i cant think of any negative things to say.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 22:02   #11
HaloSix4
aka Halo64

so i am going to order the KSC by the looks of it ill just paint the frame
Old February 6th, 2008, 22:15   #12
deltaop1

FYI ... believe what you will (I own both a TM G17 Third Gen and a KSC G19)

Brand New! The 3rd generation Tokyo Marui Glock 17, with glow in the dark front and rear sight. The Glock 17, also known as the G17, was a product of the 80 s and was the pistol of choice for the Austrian Army. It was later adopted by the Miami Police Department in 87, and the trend carried on with the NYPD using it as a service pistol in 89.
The Tokyo Marui version is a worthy replica of the real deal, combining excellent mechanics with the authentic-looking aesthetics of the exterior. As you would expect from Marui, this is a well-built gas blowback pistol, which is mechanically and physically very solid. Comes complete with standard and glow-in-the-dark night sights.
Metal inscribed serial number located on lower receiver below the front barrel also acts as a concealed safety. Internal hammer system allows the gun to be pre-cocked for instant shooting. Patented glock safety trigger design means that accidental discharge is prevented unless you pull the trigger with your finger. Blowback is strong and matches that of the KSC Glock 17. Where the Marui Glock 17 shines above the old guard KSC Glock 17 is in accuracy and distance. As we have come to expect from Marui pistols, this Glock shoots VERY straight and is highly accurate. In stock form using TOP / GREEN gas, maximum travel distance for a 0.2g BB is approximately 100 meters (300 feet). With no wind, travel trajectory is EXTREMELY straight and stable. Actual distances may vary on each gun based on the intensity of the hop-up that owners can manually tune for the most effective distances.
The hop-up dial can be adjusted once you take apart the top slide. Disassembly is exactly like the real Glock (same as the KSC Glock). Pull down on the disassembly lever and the top slide slides forward to come off the lower receiver. The hop-up dial is located on the barrel assembly which is visiable after you remove the slide.
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 22:21   #13
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
TM G17 3rd Gen would be my recommendation:
- Very, very accurate stock form.
- Great recoil on propane, slide can handle it.
- Lots of upgrade options that are readily available at all HK retailers.

Can't find a better gun out of the box when it comes to the G17's!

My 2 cents....
Is that coming from personal experience, kevorkian? Everything I've ever heard is don't use propane on ABS slides? Does TM use special ABS materials?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 22:22   #14
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaop1 View Post
FYI ... believe what you will (I own both a TM G17 Third Gen and a KSC G19)

Brand New! The 3rd generation Tokyo Marui Glock 17, with glow in the dark front and rear sight. The Glock 17, also known as the G17, was a product of the 80 s and was the pistol of choice for the Austrian Army. It was later adopted by the Miami Police Department in 87, and the trend carried on with the NYPD using it as a service pistol in 89.
The Tokyo Marui version is a worthy replica of the real deal, combining excellent mechanics with the authentic-looking aesthetics of the exterior. As you would expect from Marui, this is a well-built gas blowback pistol, which is mechanically and physically very solid. Comes complete with standard and glow-in-the-dark night sights.
Metal inscribed serial number located on lower receiver below the front barrel also acts as a concealed safety. Internal hammer system allows the gun to be pre-cocked for instant shooting. Patented glock safety trigger design means that accidental discharge is prevented unless you pull the trigger with your finger. Blowback is strong and matches that of the KSC Glock 17. Where the Marui Glock 17 shines above the old guard KSC Glock 17 is in accuracy and distance. As we have come to expect from Marui pistols, this Glock shoots VERY straight and is highly accurate. In stock form using TOP / GREEN gas, maximum travel distance for a 0.2g BB is approximately 100 meters (300 feet). With no wind, travel trajectory is EXTREMELY straight and stable. Actual distances may vary on each gun based on the intensity of the hop-up that owners can manually tune for the most effective distances.
The hop-up dial can be adjusted once you take apart the top slide. Disassembly is exactly like the real Glock (same as the KSC Glock). Pull down on the disassembly lever and the top slide slides forward to come off the lower receiver. The hop-up dial is located on the barrel assembly which is visiable after you remove the slide.
Thanks for copy and pasting the news article and/or box and manual information!

*rolls eyes*

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 22:33   #15
Endymion

If you already own a KSC G19, you may be a little disappointed with the G17 - out of the box it's lighter and not quite as "solid" feeling as the 19 and 23F. I've owned a couple of KSC 23Fs, an 18C and TMs 17 and 26. I was never satisfied with the hop-up in the KSCs, and didn't keep the TMs long enough to really get a good feel for them. However, if you're happy with your existing Glocks, you might as well stick with KSC - cross-compatibility of mags and seals is a good thing.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion