Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Toronto airsoft mystery box stories

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 18th, 2017, 06:02   #1
aeminence

Toronto airsoft mystery box stories

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can hear some mystery box stories. Which mystery box did you get and what did you get and we're you happy with the results. I see alot of salty posts esp during the sniper box with the SVD LOL

Im thinking of getting the upcoming one and if I get something like the battle machine I have a friend who wants to start that Is willing to take mine.

Would love to hear stories !
aeminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 18:52   #2
Variant

I got the last one, and I can unfortunately say I am one of the salty people who got an SVD lol

However I think that the new one has much better weapons than the last. I honestly would take the G36C over the SVD any day since it's a decent gun to get started with as opposed to an SVD with no attachments.

If you get the new box, good luck!

Current Setup
Skeleton Arms 1911S

Wishlist
G&G CM16 SRS
Bunch 'o' Gear!
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 20:39   #3
SawBone

I bought a mystery box back when I started airsoft in 2013. I wasn't sure what to get as a first gun so I figured I'd try my luck at getting something kind of nice for cheap. The worst I could get was an "ok" gun to start with.. which is what happened in the end.
I got the JG G36C, and I still have it. Except for the cheap nylon bushings (seriously, what the hell JG? lol), the gun has been performing fairly well for the price. I'm not bitter about getting the lowest tier gun in the lot because I knew what I was getting into when I bought it.
SawBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 00:41   #4
devbro

not per-se a torontoairsoft experience but more of an Evike experience. So far I bought two boxes from them and got them shipped family members in USA and went to pick it up after a few months. In both cases I ended up with the lower tier boxes. One was a CYMA AK47 and the other was a AW HiCAPA + magnum. Even though I was not impressed, I ended up with decent guns I did not have in my arsenal.

I can understand why someone with a lot of vfc and krytac in the bag would be upset by ending up with a valken but you have to accept the risk before buying. Think this way, best case you got a gun to enjoy, worst case you got a cheap loaner gun for your buddies. I would never give my custom DD M4 to anyone else to play with.
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 14:37   #5
Ω

I order two from one Mystery Box edition, and got the same gun in both. Lame.

Brotherhood means that I will always come for you,,, no matter the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaryn View Post
Ive eaten so many rations in my life that I've considered setting traps and eating dead squirrels as a viable alternative.
Ω is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 16:04   #6
Zero

Me too !!!

M4A1
VSR 10 Gspec
MP5 SD6
WA SVI 3.9
TM Sig P226
TM M14
G&G UMG
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 16:24   #7
L2-Whiskey

I picked up one of the 2017 Blitz Mega mystery boxes back in February. I ended up with an Echo1 SOF 2 out of the deal. So I got a shooter that was regularly $400 for $200 -- a good deal? Sure, but honestly I didn't really need it. I don't really use it (I've brought it to BFL a few times as a backup).

The thing I took away from the experience was this: if this had been a first time purchase, it would have been great. A great deal for a first gun. But I already have an Ares AMOEBA-013 and and one of their CCP's I picked up on a deal for backup. So what good was the thing?

If I'd been lucky and got one of the juicy Krytac's it would have been gold, but the odds were terrible. So my point is -- for someone who doesn't have anything looking to make a little bit of a gamble on getting a better gun, with a guarantee to get their $200 worth, I think these make sense. Otherwise... save the money and buy something you really want.
L2-Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion