Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Getting the hardware ..... finally

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:44   #16
ap27

The most common option for transport would be a hard gun case from Canadian tire. Other places like Army Issue or Huangs would have more 'tactical' rifle bags of varying sizes, which can have extra pouches for magazines and such.

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 00:35   #17
shinigami

Send a message via ICQ to shinigami Send a message via MSN to shinigami Send a message via Skype™ to shinigami
She arrived today...!!!! Can't wait to start playing. Still need some gear, but that's the easier part.

Sooooo, is it OK if I kick my husband out of bed and put my G36C there instead? lol

Thanks for all the great info and advice.

Shinigami
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 21:09   #18
shinigami

Send a message via ICQ to shinigami Send a message via MSN to shinigami Send a message via Skype™ to shinigami
So, I went by AAA Army Surplus in Kensington Market today and picked up a pair of woodland pants and a jacket. The guy working there was super nice and helpful. Also he knows tons of info on army gear. When I need to buy more I will definitely go back.

I'm all set, other than I need a bag for my baby and her accessories. For now she lives in the box she came in (kinda getto, I know) but as soon as I find a nice bag for her, I'll be all set.... for now at least.

Look forward to coming out to some games.
Shinigami

Old July 27th, 2012, 18:08   #19
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
I'm all set, other than I need a bag for my baby and her accessories. For now she lives in the box she came in (kinda getto, I know) but as soon as I find a nice bag for her, I'll be all set.... for now at least.

Shinigami

Go with a hard gun case. $25 at Canadian tire.

And not really getto keeping it in the box it came in... I have 2 gun cases, and 11 AEGs. Every game at least one AEG comes to the game in a box (usually whichever one is my spare, it stays in the trunk until I need it).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 23:42   #20
BennyBoy

My flambeau case from canadian tire too..about 20-30 buckeroos...a little bulky but keeps things secured
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 17:03   #21
AirsoftChewy

Welcome to the dark side!! Good goggles and good boots and a good vest. Therest is secondary, though you will surely want more as I did
Old September 10th, 2012, 18:37   #22
Bigload

Hi,

Reviving a newbie thread. I am new as well and like yourself just packing up some gear.

I picked up a hard plastic rifle case from CT for $19.99, and a hard plastic pistol case for $9.99. Still need a carrying pack for all the MISC. food / clothing etc.

Have you went to your first game yet Shinigami?
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 18:51   #23
deltaop1

Just a suggestion for your consideration ...

Getting a hard gun case is ok but it is not my first recommendation. Why you ask? Consider the following:

A hard gun case offers excellent protection but given that it is rigid it will be harder to transport, heavier, and occupy much more space. In my 6+ years of playing airsoft I have never once had a gun damaged because I transported it in a non-rigid carry case or bag.

Aside from the gun you will also need to transport a ton of other gear. Headware, eyepro, vest, gloves, knee pads, spare batteries, extra BB's, water, etc.

Therefore if you want to go with a low price solution I recommend buying a medium sized hockey bag. Those nylon bags are designed to carry tons of equipment and are roomy enough to carry your gun plus supporting gear. I prefer to carry everything in one bag so I don't have to lug around two or more bags/cases.

Last edited by deltaop1; September 10th, 2012 at 18:56..
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 19:15   #24
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
So, I went by AAA Army Surplus in Kensington Market today and picked up a pair of woodland pants and a jacket. The guy working there was super nice and helpful. Also he knows tons of info on army gear. When I need to buy more I will definitely go back.

Shinigami

Be careful when shopping at AAA Surplus... A lot of the uniforms there are overpriced as shit...I'm talking 130 bucks for a super-faded CADPAT TW shirt or 100 dollar MARPAT Pants... shit, even 80 dollars for a flecktarn shirt.

ArmyIssue sells the US Army/Marines Issue ESS NVG and Revision goggles for a good price.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 20:14   #25
thpethalK
ksuechuc

Might want to start saving up since the usual time of year for TAC is not too far away. Don't know if Brian will be doing it again this year, but I'm hoping so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 20:52   #26
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con3jo View Post
Be careful when shopping at AAA Surplus... A lot of the uniforms there are overpriced as shit...I'm talking 130 bucks for a super-faded CADPAT TW shirt or 100 dollar MARPAT Pants... shit, even 80 dollars for a flecktarn shirt.

ArmyIssue sells the US Army/Marines Issue ESS NVG and Revision goggles for a good price.
I agree. AAA isnt the greatest. You can do much better if you search around a little bit.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2012, 20:46   #27
shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigload View Post
Have you went to your first game yet Shinigami?

I went to my first game at the end of August and loved it. I haven't been out since, but I hope to make it out to one more game before the season ends.

Regarding getting the gear it was a bit of a learning curve, but I think I'm not the right track now. I also picked up a gun case from a yard sale for $5, which works for what I need.
Old September 13th, 2012, 22:28   #28
BennyBoy

Thanks Giving should be a good time fer another game!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank