Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW Glock 32C Makeover

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 6th, 2009, 21:58   #1
Azriel_Strife

Send a message via MSN to Azriel_Strife
KJW Glock 32C Makeover

Hey everyone, I just got my Cansoft version G32C in the mail. At first I was skeptical of the claim the the body was as stout as was claimed and thought it would sound like a plastic gun. Well, I was wrong, It's quite amazing actually.

After running a couple mags through it I decided it was worth spending a few hours on to make it look pretty. I had already bought the Krylon Molecular Bonding OD Green a few days ago, so I went to work. Here are the steps I took to get it done.

1) First I took the slide off. I know this sounds simple but unlike most GBB's, you have to rack the slide back to get the hammer out of the way before you remove the slide. It's a Glock thing I think.

2) I removed the 2 pins holding the internals in place. This was quite easy with a small jeweler style screwdriver and a regular plastic screwdriver to use as a hammer.

3) I removed the 2 screws securing the internals, one in the center of the frame at the front, and one in the rear corner.

4) I then removed the rear internal bits. Be careful here, as on the left side of the gun (muzzle forward) there is a silver catch, and under that is a small spring.

5) Then I removed the front parts, don't worry this one is easy, no little part to fall out. Use a small screwdriver to depress the spring that holds the slide release in place. Then remove the slide release catch though one of the side holes. After that the front internals will lift out in tact.

6) I washed the body with soap and water to remove any traces of oil or dirt. Then dried it.

7) I painted the body with 5 very thin coats of my Krylon paint. Giving about 10 minutes between each coat.

8) I reassembled the lower body with the internals after about one hour of letting the paint cure. Just do the opposite of what you did to take it apart, it's very easy. (paint is dry to touch in about 15 minutes)

9) Decide weather or not you want to leave your breech/barrel black. If you want a metal breech use some 400 grit sandpaper to take the paint off of the parts that will be exposed, then shine it up with some 1000 grit. After that wash it with just pain water to get the sandpaper dust off and dry it.

10) I had some regular Krylon for metal clear coat kicking around, so I gave the barrel/Breech 2 thin coats to prevent it from tarnishing. Allow it to dry for 20 minutes before you reassemble the slide.

Here's what you get, The finished product!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standing, Slide Forward.JPG (976.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Laying with Mag.JPG (998.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Breech.JPG (987.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Left, Slide Forward.JPG (980.9 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Azriel_Strife; April 6th, 2009 at 22:18..
Azriel_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:02   #2
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

waiting for the pics... should look nice

BTW how do they perform? (fps, accuracy, internals, ...)
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:03   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
No pics?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:15   #4
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

NICE!!! I can see that other companies are now interested in selling Canada Approved guns (CANSOFT)... (ICS, G&G, and now KJW....)

Who's next?
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:16   #5
Azriel_Strife

The FPS is as advertised, right around the 300 mark. The internals are well made, seems to be made of some solid metal rather than monkey metal. Accuracy is respectable for a barrel of only 3" inches. I can't really expect more out of it really. And the price was right. The plastic fame is very though too, doesn't feel cheap at all. Weight is also very nice.

Sorry about the lack of pics, ASC has been acting wack ever since April 1st for me. Every other website works fine. I'm stumped. Anyway, pics will be up once i get the chance, it keeps giving me some stupid "server is too busy" message. Doesn't even matter what time it is.
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:16   #6
Jimski

it's nice!
BUT
I don't like Krylon's OD.
also tell us if it melts in your hand or not.
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:21   #7
Azriel_Strife

***PICS ARE UP***

If you are asking about the Krylon melting in your hand, no. It does feel a bit tacky, but I found that after I rub the crap out of it with my hands it's not tacky anymore.

This isn't technically "OD" the colour is actually called "Hosta Leaf".
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:25   #8
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

looks nice though... but ya I always have that problem with krylon, at least the matte black one, i sprayed on a sniper rifle stock... it chips off when you hold the gun... how could i fix that?
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:43   #9
Azriel_Strife

there are 2 kinds, the one for plastics specifically and one for metal and wood and whatnot. use the one for plastics, it bonds really well. also make sure you clean the surface really well before you paint.
Old April 6th, 2009, 22:55   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palucol View Post
looks nice though... but ya I always have that problem with krylon, at least the matte black one, i sprayed on a sniper rifle stock... it chips off when you hold the gun... how could i fix that?
You could add a clear coat when you're done to protect it.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 09:42   #11
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

kk thx for the tip guys....
Old April 7th, 2009, 13:20   #12
Azriel_Strife

No worries, it all comes down to choosing the right paint for your project. Krylon for Plastics is amazing stuff, it actually bonds to the plastic rather than just sitting on top.

The metal stuff is good too, but you usually have to rough the surface to make it stick well. Which is fine if you have a sniper rifle, Just rough it up with 400 grit and spray on 5-7 thin coats. Then a few clear coats and it should last ages.
Old April 7th, 2009, 15:02   #13
Crunchmeister

It seems to be a good paint job. Well done, although I find the shade of green wrong for a gun, and the finish is way too shiny. You really need a flat finish to make the gun look better. That one reflects way too much light.

Good job nonetheless though.
Old April 7th, 2009, 16:08   #14
Chadillac

Az did you buy the Krylon Camouflage series? it does look a little shiny, weather it be the flash from the camera or whatever. The Camouflage series is super matte flat from the pictures i take of my painted guns.
Chadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 23:28   #15
Azriel_Strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillac View Post
Az did you buy the Krylon Camouflage series? it does look a little shiny, weather it be the flash from the camera or whatever. The Camouflage series is super matte flat from the pictures i take of my painted guns.
Actually it's a colour called "hosta leaf" unfortunately it's a gloss. It was the closest thing to real OD I could find. The "camoflage" series is not the type for plastics. I wanted the toughest paint I could get so I got the molecular bonding stuff.

I've fixed the shiny surface by adding 5 coats of matte Krylon clearcoat. It's also gotten rid of the tackiness of the paint after handling it bare handed for a while.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications