Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACOG 4x32 clones with functional adjustment?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 11th, 2009, 17:21   #1
hondatech

ACOG 4x32 clones with functional adjustment?

Do they exist? I've got a chinese knockoff, and the crosshairs do not move one millimeter when turning the adjusters. Are there any replicas that do operate properly?
Old January 11th, 2009, 17:48   #2
PaCHeKo!

Send a message via MSN to PaCHeKo!
Ask Huang (On ASC) about his ACOG... I have one of them and it feels solid and it's ajustable...

Ex : http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airs...roductID=26895

P.M.C. - Prostituée Militaire de Campagne.
PaCHeKo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:27   #3
Ming_the_Merciless

+1 for Huang.

The green or black ACOG has adjustable windage and elevation. I tested the green one out of sheer curiousity on my AR, and it seemed to hold up to recoil, though I haven't checked if it held zero after I removed it.
Ming_the_Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:52   #4
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

If it doesn't adjust, I guess it was from a manufactures problem..
Where did you get it from?
Alot of replicas adjust properly, there's just some that have some problems.
Huang has good ones if you buy from him, plus he will replace for you depending on the problem.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:22   #5
huang

All the ACOG clones on the market with trades( half or full ) are not adjustable. There are only two models( green and black ) whithout any trades are full adjustable.
huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:14   #6
trevor

the 1 from ebaybanned for $115 (http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=1101) has trades and is adjustable. I have seen 2 and both worked.
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 14:28   #7
Danke

I've got a black ACOG with trades, got it used as part of a package deal so I can't say who made it.

Both windage and elevation adjust when you wind on them.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:13   #8
stag6.8

Send a message via Yahoo to stag6.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming_the_Merciless View Post
+1 for Huang.

The green or black ACOG has adjustable windage and elevation. I tested the green one out of sheer curiousity on my AR, and it seemed to hold up to recoil, though I haven't checked if it held zero after I removed it.
what did you do the recoil test on? airsoft or real steel? I`m assuming it was on real steel.....and if so....what caliber is your rifle?

Last edited by stag6.8; January 13th, 2009 at 03:19..
stag6.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:46   #9
Ming_the_Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag6.8 View Post
what did you do the recoil test on? airsoft or real steel? I`m assuming it was on real steel.....and if so....what caliber is your rifle?
Yes, real-steel, S&W MP15T (.223/5.56). Though it doesn't simulate a duty load, I also have a Ciener 22LR converison kit for cheap plinking/training.

Again it seems to hold zero, though I wouldn't trust my life on it. For the price for a replica ACOG 4x scope one can get a variable magnification scope of better build, quality, and even warranty. I've seen a wide variety of replica ACOG 4x scopes and they can definitely be a hit and miss when it comes to quality. Also I haven't tested it for a return to zero after detaching it, I assume it would as the ARMs throw lever seems pretty sturdy. Next time I'm at the range I'll throw the fakeCOG back on and see if it holds true, but right now my AR is down.

(Side Note: I'm currently waiting on parts to get my short-stroking problem fixed. Apparently some batches of the MP15T were fitted with an aluminum gas block that wasn't to spec, resulting in a critical leak right were the gas tube sits flush with the block.)

But for airsoft, you should be good to go with the Huang's Green/Black ACOG.

Last edited by Ming_the_Merciless; January 13th, 2009 at 10:52..
Ming_the_Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 16:06   #10
stag6.8

Send a message via Yahoo to stag6.8
I`m real steel also(stag arms 6.8mm spc). I have the aimpoint magnifier clone on mine..... (in which I brought from huang)but the actual aimpoint red dot is real(ML3 Model). So far its held up well to the 6.8mm recoil. I`m sorry to hear about your rifle. hopefully It`ll be up and running soon.

Last edited by stag6.8; January 13th, 2009 at 16:09..
stag6.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 18:43   #11
LUTNIT

I have a huang I got second hand through a trade and the adjustments don't work at all on it. The eye relief is also complete and utter crap and the rubberized coating for durability peels off when you touch it. I have heard similar complaints from the garbage that ebay banned sells.

G&P makes the best ACOG replica I have ever laid my hands on. Best eye relief, easiest adjustments, most durable, etc. etc. You get what you pay for, period, and many people look at a G&P and say "thats too expensive."
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 21:33   #12
hondatech

Thanks for the input folks! My current one is a trademarked DragonRed with the doctor sight. I like having the dot sight for quick engagement, and the magnified optics for having a good look around and the occasional long shot. I've been eyeing up the G&P unit...

On a side note, the Doctor shight that came with my Huang clone ACOG is brilliant. The auto-brightness adjust seems to work VERY well, to the point where it's actually compatible and totally useable with my Gen 2+ NVS-14 night vision monocular
Old January 14th, 2009, 23:21   #13
techobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by huang View Post
All the ACOG clones on the market with trades( half or full ) are not adjustable. There are only two models( green and black ) whithout any trades are full adjustable.
That's weird. I had one of yours and I managed to zero it. Maybe I was dreaming.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion