Shredder's Concave Spacers

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 21st, 2009, 21:53   #136
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
You will need to tune your hopup for all kinds of environmental conditions like BB weight, BB manufacturer, humidity, temperature etc. What you are shooting over will have an affect. Shooting across a small pond you will get wildly different hopup vs over a dry field.

PS I am back. I had accounting exams, anyone who has written a EUFI will know exactly what I am talking about.
Make and weight...but aside from that I don't fiddle with it much. Cold season vs. hot game day...sure I'll check before/at every game, but I'd be hard pressed to say that I've adjusted it after that during a game.

I certainly don't tweak it if I going to take a shot over a swamp (we don't have ponds at our fields...sniff, sniff) and then tweak it again if I'm shooting a field next. Do guys really do that?
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 23:11   #137
turok_t

Tys! Im going to take my gun to you when I get all my Prom upgrades!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 20:57   #138
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
Make and weight...but aside from that I don't fiddle with it much. Cold season vs. hot game day...sure I'll check before/at every game, but I'd be hard pressed to say that I've adjusted it after that during a game.

I certainly don't tweak it if I going to take a shot over a swamp (we don't have ponds at our fields...sniff, sniff) and then tweak it again if I'm shooting a field next. Do guys really do that?
I sometimes adjust when shooting over water, usually i just adjust the angle of the gun instead of adjusting it. If i see a bunch of guys standing in the open talking and out of range i'll adjust the hopup and lob BB's onto them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:47   #139
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Wow. So I received my SCS last week and finally put one into my M4. Before I was getting an average deviation of about 2-4 fps each shot (ie, 285, 282, 283, 280, 288, etc etc).

The most amazing thing I have ever seen happened after switching to this.

8 shots. Every. Single. One. 285fps. Unbelievable. If it can make my muzzle velocity this consistent, and also provide a consistent spin... I am never looking back. Testing it out to see how it actually does accuracy wise on sunday at the FR game. I can't wait to see what happens...
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:35   #140
Amos

I put one in my realsword SVD... I can't tell if it makes a difference at all though... I was already getting at least 250 feet consistent...

Ah well, I'll be trying this in more guns shortly.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:42   #141
NVC

Yeah I am really impressed with SCS's after testing, acc is pretty awesome. Something I noticed aswell, Hopup adjustment is really sensitive. I used Lock washer or gearbox shims on hopup wheel to make fine adjustments. I had some bb's jam because of over adjusting the hopup. Thanks Azathoth for hooking me up with SCS's!!

Custom Kydex Holsters - pm me for details
NVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:58   #142
Schlyder
IronOverlord

I have one in my CA HK53 and have seen some improvement with it. (229mm barrel, Prometheus 6.03 TB)
And I tried one in my G&G Sig 550 (509mm barrel, stock, brass 6.0?mm) and did not see an improvement, actually a decrease in performance, and switched back to my old hop up set up (stock), and accuracy and range was back to normal. So I am batting .500 with it. I will try it in my Element/JG Sig552 sometime in the future. I am wondering if it works better in shorter barrels?
Old November 7th, 2009, 13:30   #143
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Wow. So I received my SCS last week and finally put one into my M4. Before I was getting an average deviation of about 2-4 fps each shot (ie, 285, 282, 283, 280, 288, etc etc).

The most amazing thing I have ever seen happened after switching to this.

8 shots. Every. Single. One. 285fps. Unbelievable. If it can make my muzzle velocity this consistent, and also provide a consistent spin... I am never looking back. Testing it out to see how it actually does accuracy wise on sunday at the FR game. I can't wait to see what happens...
what hop-up rubber are you using? brand? density (hard, soft etc)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlyder View Post
I have one in my CA HK53 and have seen some improvement with it. (229mm barrel, Prometheus 6.03 TB)
And I tried one in my G&G Sig 550 (509mm barrel, stock, brass 6.0?mm) and did not see an improvement, actually a decrease in performance, and switched back to my old hop up set up (stock), and accuracy and range was back to normal. So I am batting .500 with it. I will try it in my Element/JG Sig552 sometime in the future. I am wondering if it works better in shorter barrels?
i would really like to hear more on this. i saw it with the MP5 in that one vid, and that was impressive. still, if its for short barrels only, im essentially screwed. 2/3 of my guns are +500mm long inner barrel. i hope they can be used in any gun, because that is the impression i was under. if anyone has more info on this, let me know.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 13:31   #144
Skladfin

barrel length doesn't have much to do with accuracy guys. There is no such thing as "For short barrels" only.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 13:50   #145
Schlyder
IronOverlord

It was just an observation I experienced. When Amos said he didn't see an improvement with his SVD, It made me think if there is any commonality. (Both have long barrels.) I have no idea if it is coincidence or not. Just though I would post my observation.
And yes, a long barrel is more accurate than a short barrel. If it weren't, there would be no need for long barrel. Do you think it is there for looks, or to make it less manouverable? That is why a sniper/hunting rifle has a long barrel. If they could get the same performance out of an 8 1/2" barrel, do you think they would schlep around something 20" - 30" long?
Old November 7th, 2009, 14:03   #146
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlyder View Post
It was just an observation I experienced. When Amos said he didn't see an improvement with his SVD, It made me think if there is any commonality. (Both have long barrels.) I have no idea if it is coincidence or not. Just though I would post my observation.
And yes, a long barrel is more accurate than a short barrel. If it weren't, there would be no need for long barrel. Do you think it is there for looks, or to make it less manouverable? That is why a sniper/hunting rifle has a long barrel. If they could get the same performance out of an 8 1/2" barrel, do you think they would schlep around something 20" - 30" long?
haha dude, believe me. My last AKS74U shot 1cm grouping at 40 feet. barrel length was 275mm.

My VSR does slightly worse at 1.6cm groupings. 400mm barrel, regular VSR length.

and VSR - G-Spec. Those things can be deadly accurate, what's their barrel length? 303mm. That's a whole 1/5th shorter than regular M4 AEG barrel.

Accuracy/Consistency is MAINLY determined by:
-Consistent Hop up rubber
-Consistent FPS
-Consistent hop up unit

Things that have little/negligible effect on accuracy:
-Barrel Length
-Barrel tightness

So when Ujiro or anyone else goes "OMFG" for a consistent FPS, this is why.

If the gun can shoot at the same FPS, same exact friction from the hop up rubber, and the same amount of hop up applied from the hop up unit shot after shot, then the BB will fly the EXACT same way with the EXACT same distance.

Barrel tightness/length will have a very small effect only after you've perfected the above 3 conditions.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 16:48   #147
Amos

I'm not saying I didn't see an improvement in my SVD... I'm sure there is one... I'm just saying I can't physically see one (because it would improve it out to 200 feet or so... and it's kinda hard to judge past a certain point...

In any case, from what I've seen, these are fantastic and I will be stocking them very shortly
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 17:08   #148
Schlyder
IronOverlord

I guess I should have been a little more clear in my statement. I was talking about accuracy at much farther ranges. 40ft isn't exactly reaching out there. My CA HK53 performs as good as the G&G Sig 550 at 40 ft as well. At that range it should.
And for most guns, at that range, it should. All things working consistently. There should be very little difference in performance at close range, with any length barrel.
I am talking 125-150 ft. plus. Hitting a 12" target, consistently, is what I am talking about.
I can hit a licence plate consistently at 45-50yrds with the G&G 550. 150' to about 175' dispersion increases to about 2'. And the 200ft range 4' to mansize targets.
With the HK53 at 45 -50 yrds, it is about 2', increasing to 4' for dispersion at around 175'. And outside of that i have not bothered to even worry about. It is not even close to as good. It does not have the range of my G&G Sig 550 as well. Fps on the G&G(stock) is 350 fps/.20 and 368 fps/.20 with the CA HK53 (upgraded) and I shoot .28g BBs in them.
I totally agree, consistent shot placement requires consistent compression and hop up performance from the gun. Without that you have no clue how your your shot will act.
Just my $.02 from observation with my own guns, and some of the guns of those that I play with.

edit- It's also possible to take two exact setups, and get totaly different performance results, so in the end it still has to be a trial and error process. I have learn that airsoft isn't an exact science when it come to performance and aftermarket parts. Just have to experiment, and go with what works best in that particular gun.

Last edited by Schlyder; November 7th, 2009 at 17:25..
Schlyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 13:49   #149
hutch1970

On the filairsoft site, Shredder indicates that JG hop set-ups are problematic due to casting imperfections in the hop-up chamber if my memory serves me correctly. Filairsoft has one hellava epic post about the scs spacer-mostly good news about it. Alot of the users indicate straght-line perfomance as opposed to the bb arcing. I have no personal experience w/ these yet, just posting on what I read @ filairsoft.
hutch1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:59   #150
Kid

So... is the free shipping deal still on at Capital? How do I take advantage of that?

Or.. where can they currently be had the cheapest at?
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications