Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Thoughts on Novritsch SSG Release?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 30th, 2017, 17:05   #1
Datawraith

Thoughts on Novritsch SSG Release?

I know there's quite a few guys with insanely upgraded VSRs. I was just curious to see what your opinions were on what Nov just released. The (promo) price is reasonable (it's bit higher than the cost of a base TM VSR). I don't like the 6.01 ALUMINUM barrel but the barrel should be interchangeable with the VSR aftermarket choices. I'm also sure there are some people with reservations about the sears.

Last edited by Datawraith; January 30th, 2017 at 17:23..
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 18:01   #2
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Anything from Nov is just re-branded stuff. That and a 6.01 barrel for a SNIPER.

>mysidesareinorbit.jpeg

Buy a stock tm vsr, upgrade it with pdi and homemade mods, maybe the maple leaf hopchamber, or keep the chamber stock (it is quite good) and stick with a 6.02-6.03 barrel, r-hop it, do a TDC mod if you can, run with .4-.46 weight bb's at 400-500 FPS. Win the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 16:18   #3
Zeroroaster

I agree 100%, daishi. I haven't seen the divine glow that comes from this gun other than the fact that it has Nov's name stamped all over it. I'd be hard pressed to believe that it would outperform a carefully built and tuned rifle.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 20:11   #4
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Anything from Nov is just re-branded stuff. That and a 6.01 barrel for a SNIPER.

>mysidesareinorbit.jpeg

Buy a stock tm vsr, upgrade it with pdi and homemade mods, maybe the maple leaf hopchamber, or keep the chamber stock (it is quite good) and stick with a 6.02-6.03 barrel, r-hop it, do a TDC mod if you can, run with .4-.46 weight bb's at 400-500 FPS. Win the game.
I'm no Nov fan boy by any means...

But this is the exact OPPOSITE purpose of the gun he's designed. He's worked with Modify to make a gun where someone can drop 500USD, receive a gun and then take it to a game without worrying about fine-tuning and tweaking.

For the price he's asking for the gun, you'd be hard pressed to be able to upgrade a Marui gun.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 21:21   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've been saying since it came out; it's probably just a MOD24. Good gun to start, but they just don't seem to sell for some reason. Slap a famous name on it and instant sales.

Nothing wrong with the MOD24, really.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 22:22   #6
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I've been saying since it came out; it's probably just a MOD24. Good gun to start, but they just don't seem to sell for some reason. Slap a famous name on it and instant sales.

Nothing wrong with the MOD24, really.
There's been a few small design changes that make his version a little bit superior to the MOD24.

There's several hour+ breakdowns on it on youtube. If I were to buy a bolt action again, I would likely pick up his version... However, Bolt actions at 328 FPS is pants on head stupid.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2017, 23:13   #7
Foggy

The gun coming with 0.3g BBs sets the precedent of "overpriced meme gun" for me.

Sure there's some upgrades, and it'll theoretically perform better than random stock gun but you pay for the name, not necessarily what you get.

VFC KAC SR16 Geissele SBR
VFC DD MK18

TM/RWA Agency Arms Cerakoted G17
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 00:09   #8
ThunderCactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
There's been a few small design changes that make his version a little bit superior to the MOD24.

There's several hour+ breakdowns on it on youtube. If I were to buy a bolt action again, I would likely pick up his version... However, Bolt actions at 328 FPS is pants on head stupid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pantsman.jpg (8.4 KB, 201 views)
Old March 2nd, 2017, 00:16   #9
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post

Id rather a stock TM G-Spec or a JG bar if I was planning on gutting it..... Put the two hundred dollars saved toward a new inner barrel/hop chamber and getting it rhoped/tdc'd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 00:24   #10
Datawraith

Why not scratch build instead of buying a stock gun and chucking over 80% of it away if you buy a stock VSR?

Been thinking of doing a project. Get a VSR-X receiver from airsoftsniperforums, real M24 stock and mill it out, Laylax barrel and R-hop it, AA chamber and TDC mod it, zero trigger, 45 degree sears, upgraded cylinder, piston, spring guide, etc.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 08:35   #11
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

That's still missing the point. His gun is the best STOCK sniper rifle ever. It's 100% geared towards people who don't want to fuck with their guns. For the price, its a very good value.

Of course you can do better with a VSR, but its going to require time and knowledge. He even says so in his video on the gun. He plainly says to not buy this is you want something you can tweak to your liking.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 11:23   #12
Zeroroaster

But isn't the whole point of a bolt gun to take it apart and mess with it?
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 13:06   #13
devbro

I do like how Novritsch made airsoft more recognizable. But I think his brand of sniper rifle is too expensive and advanced for average user. His gun looks too high and and not much of use in CQB.
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 13:48   #14
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
I do like how Novritsch made airsoft more recognizable. But I think his brand of sniper rifle is too expensive and advanced for average user. His gun looks too high and and not much of use in CQB.
Why would you use a sniper rifle in CQB...? And who cares if it's advanced; it's a bolt gun. Insert magazine, rack the bolt, pull the trigger. As long as it goes straight and relatively far relatively consistently and is durable, it's good.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 23:53   #15
ThunderCactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Why would you use a sniper rifle in CQB...? And who cares if it's advanced; it's a bolt gun. Insert magazine, rack the bolt, pull the trigger. As long as it goes straight and relatively far relatively consistently and is durable, it's good.
I've used them in CQB. It's hella fun. Shooting people through raised mesh catwalks, shooting bits of boots sticking past doorways, threading BBs through tiny cracks to hit people on the other side.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion