Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I feel like Im getting screwed.

:

General

Closed Thread

Old September 30th, 2009, 14:46   #31
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

At least we all know now that this guy is not to be trusted, fix ur gun and sell it to a better person.
Old September 30th, 2009, 14:49   #32
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Rob says:
now your calling me a liar... you better choose your next words very carefully... i don't take disrespect very well...
Wow... Who even says that. Who does this guy think he is?

He fired the gun, it worked, he gamed it. Then he returned it in non working condition. Oust this fool.
Old September 30th, 2009, 15:45   #33
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Taking it to a friends tonight. Going to see whats up with it. Hopfully its just a matter of replacing some small stuff.
Old September 30th, 2009, 15:54   #34
ujiro

What are the actual symptoms?
Old September 30th, 2009, 17:22   #35
Outcast569

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
What are the actual symptoms?

Slide is locked apx. 4mm back. Every time a mag is loaded into the gun and trigger pulled most of the gas is vented. The safety is insanely stiff.

When the gun is loaded and fired the slide only moves about 1 mm maybe and acts like a springer needing to be cocked every time its fired. But not every shot will have a BB with it.

Thats all Ive noticed so far. Right now Im going threw and trying to see what else there is.

Going to buddies here in an hourish. I have a diagram there and Im going to see what we can do for it.
Old September 30th, 2009, 17:39   #36
lemegacool

hmmm paintball field ... look for sand in the gun...

what is the model... gas venting coulsdbe a broken rocket valve... in fact it could be many things... gbbs are fun for that lol

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
Old September 30th, 2009, 17:46   #37
Outcast569

Stock KJ Beretta M9A1 Elite. After every game I bring it home and clean it. Buddy is on his way atm. Ill see what else we can find out after I see him here.
Old September 30th, 2009, 19:44   #38
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Hey Outcast sucks for you that you got boned, but remember that your rep will probably grow from this and his will decrease.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Old September 30th, 2009, 20:16   #39
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
After his little Shpeel, I wouldnt trust him for a moment. "I dont take disrespect very well" would have been my first clue. Hes trying to intimidate you into submission, and it worked. Threatening to ruin your reputation for attempting to get help would be another sign. Sounds to me he has an ego problem and hes using it to get what he wants. Personally i would have handled it a little differently in the discussion. Direct accusation is not a very good way to proceed without proof. But since he admitted that it was working for a week in his posession then told you it never left his holster shows that hes nothing but a theif, willing to lie to get out of paying for the repairs.

You did the right thing in bringing this to the attention of the community. You could also have a community representative (someone well known and trusted in the community who is impartial) to mediate the issue. However you gave the gun back and refunded his money. While im not an expert on what constitutes a "completed trade" as that is more of a community opinion (since you are asking the community for help).

Post it on JOC... Roast the theif...

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
Old September 30th, 2009, 20:48   #40
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
After his little Shpeel, I wouldnt trust him for a moment. "I dont take disrespect very well" would have been my first clue. Hes trying to intimidate you into submission, and it worked. Threatening to ruin your reputation for attempting to get help would be another sign. Sounds to me he has an ego problem and hes using it to get what he wants. Personally i would have handled it a little differently in the discussion. Direct accusation is not a very good way to proceed without proof. But since he admitted that it was working for a week in his posession then told you it never left his holster shows that hes nothing but a theif, willing to lie to get out of paying for the repairs.

You did the right thing in bringing this to the attention of the community. You could also have a community representative (someone well known and trusted in the community who is impartial) to mediate the issue. However you gave the gun back and refunded his money. While im not an expert on what constitutes a "completed trade" as that is more of a community opinion (since you are asking the community for help).

Post it on JOC... Roast the theif...
Agreed, and the fact that he took this route meant he 100% knew what was up with that gun and brow-beat you into accepting back on his terms.

This guys is a waste of skin and I would serious talk to Gish about this. If this guy is into running games, I see another Tony B or Mickey situation beginning here.

To add to this, JOC has a trader rating system. I suggest you use it. It has been used for bad deals before.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.

Last edited by mcguyver; September 30th, 2009 at 21:02..
Old September 30th, 2009, 22:35   #41
knightoice

Look how he got all defensive and worked up about it. It's like the typical elementary school girl going

Sally: You have a crush on Jake don't you!
Jill: I DO NOT
Sally: You must dream about him too!
Jill: I DO NOT I DO NOT I DO NOT!!!! I DON'T LIKE JAKE STOP SAYING THAT

vs.

Sally: You like Jake don't you
Jill: Nah, not Jake
Sally: You like him don't you! :P
Jill: Ew not Jake

He got all defensive about it, it should have been a clear giveaway.
Old October 1st, 2009, 13:10   #42
Outcast569

So quick update. Buddy managed to fix the gun, ended up cannibalize another gun for most the inner parts. I think what amazed me most was that 1 of the slide return springs was missing and the other was what crimped every few coils.

I have no bloody clue how you can even manage that. Seeing as they are covered and all.

Also the piston cap had a large hole in it. Well large in relation to the part itself. And the only thing else I noticed was the decocking lever was cracked all most all the way through.

Now thats just what I noticed lol. I am by no means a guntech and obviously missed a whole lot compared to the work that went into it last night. However I did learn an awful lot about them so thats a bonus at least.

But hey I guess thats the advantage of having an Aircraft Maintenance Tech with a machine shop as a best friend .

Last edited by Outcast569; October 1st, 2009 at 13:16..
Old October 1st, 2009, 13:24   #43
Skladfin

sounds like he fiddled around with it by disassembling it.

why dont you publicize this locally? Players like this needs to be warned about.
Old October 1st, 2009, 13:34   #44
m102404
Tys

Are you sure you even got your original pistol back?

Dude...I have to give you some props! From every post that you have made here about this lousy situation...you have shown marked restraint and positive attitude.

If I had any M9 parts I'd be offering to help...most I can offer is best wishes. It'd be a real shame if at the next game this guy caught a CO2 powered 40mm rubber slug in the nuts from close range...(I was messing around with one and they pack a real whallop on propane).

Tys
Old October 1st, 2009, 13:37   #45
ujiro

"Never left my holster"... What bullshit.

He clearly played with it, then decided to tinker with it. Then he had no idea how to put it back together properly, so he slapped it together improperly, while missing pieces, and somehow breaking others (probably by putting it back together wrong lol), and then gave it back.

What a tool.

Post all of this up on the JOC forums

BTW, I posted this at 1337 o clock... 1:37pm... So it must be an epic post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast569 View Post
So quick update. Buddy managed to fix the gun, ended up cannibalize another gun for most the inner parts. I think what amazed me most was that 1 of the slide return springs was missing and the other was what crimped every few coils.

I have no bloody clue how you can even manage that. Seeing as they are covered and all.

Also the piston cap had a large hole in it. Well large in relation to the part itself. And the only thing else I noticed was the decocking lever was cracked all most all the way through.

Now thats just what I noticed lol. I am by no means a guntech and obviously missed a whole lot compared to the work that went into it last night. However I did learn an awful lot about them so thats a bonus at least.

But hey I guess thats the advantage of having an Aircraft Maintenance Tech with a machine shop as a best friend .

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General