BB's sticking in the tightbore?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 9th, 2008, 00:17   #16
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamparius View Post
take out the barrel from the hopup unit and try to pour the silicone oil in it and gently push the bbs using the rod... if the bbs stuck inside the barrel, possibilities Metaltech bbs you using are crap...
Im wondering if maybe someone elses BB's got mixed in as I do lend ammo out to those that need it. One of the BBs that I pulled out LOOKED different that the others. It looks like it had a soccerball design on it.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 00:28   #17
Flatlander

Send a message via MSN to Flatlander
You mentioned in your other thread that you had some bb's shatter in the hopup; the MB barrels are tephlon coated. Did you take a look through your barrel after you cleared all the BB's out? Did it look clean/smooth? My first MB tightbore shredded a bit of the tephlon coating my first game. It didn't block BB's but the accuracy was attrocious.

Do you have your hopup turned off all the way? Some guns will double feed with no hopup on. Turn a bit of hopup on and it prevents multiple BB's from pushing their way into the barrel. A mag with a really stiff spring can amplify this.

Like you mentioned, definately put a few drops of silicon oil in the hopup and clean the barrel and also try a different brand of BB's. I run Madbull BB's in my new Madbull barrel with little to no problems.
Old August 9th, 2008, 00:36   #18
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
You mentioned in your other thread that you had some bb's shatter in the hopup; the MB barrels are tephlon coated. Did you take a look through your barrel after you cleared all the BB's out? Did it look clean/smooth? My first MB tightbore shredded a bit of the tephlon coating my first game. It didn't block BB's but the accuracy was attrocious.

Do you have your hopup turned off all the way? Some guns will double feed with no hopup on. Turn a bit of hopup on and it prevents multiple BB's from pushing their way into the barrel. A mag with a really stiff spring can amplify this.

Like you mentioned, definately put a few drops of silicon oil in the hopup and clean the barrel and also try a different brand of BB's. I run Madbull BB's in my new Madbull barrel with little to no problems.
The barrel seems to be fine from what I can see lol! I guess time will tell! Anyone know if I can pic up a silicone oil that is ok to use from Canadian Tire? I'm headed out of province next week and so I dont want to have to order it and wait.
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:07   #19
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
Did you try this first?? clean and lube the hopup&barrel
Read the post above, need oil first!
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:12   #20
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Read the post above, need oil first!
I think thats your problum, no silly oil and the barrel is to dry.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:18   #21
Drache

so once again I pop the question, is there an oil that I can find at Canadian Tire that is safe to use? I know that spray is a nono and must be 100% silicone....
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:32   #22
zone 69

Quote:
so once again I pop the question, is there an oil that I can find at Canadian Tire that is safe to use? I know that spray is a nono and must be 100% silicone....
Yes use silicone oil. just read the can for, safe to use on plastic & rubber and you should be fine.

Last edited by zone 69; August 9th, 2008 at 01:37..
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:37   #23
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
Yes use silicone oil. just read the can for, safe to use on plastic & rubber and you should be fine.
Thanks!

If someone still wants to reply with a specific product that I can just run in and pick up it would still be appreciated!
Old August 9th, 2008, 09:58   #24
Flatlander

Send a message via MSN to Flatlander
Go to a hobby store and pick up RC car shock oil in the lightest weight they have available (it's pure silicon oil). If they sell RC vehicles, they should have that oil.
Old August 9th, 2008, 10:52   #25
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Go to a hobby store and pick up RC car shock oil in the lightest weight they have available (it's pure silicon oil). If they sell RC vehicles, they should have that oil.
There isn't a "hobby" store or any other single store that sells an RC car for about 10 hours in any direction unless it's Walmart and they arent the best....
Old August 9th, 2008, 17:20   #26
Drache

Ok I decided to take a look at the barrel again.

I dropped a BB down the end of the barrel and it stopped right in the hopup.
(See the pictures attached)

Now if I plugged the bottom hole of the hopup chamber and blew into the end... well I dented my bedroom wall with the BB. The hopup is completely turned down.

When I turned the hopup all the way the other way, the BB stopped a little further forward than in the pics.

The reason I think it just might need a cleaning is when I tried the BB with the hopup all the way up, the BB didnt make it down the barrel a centimeter before stopping, yet when I tried the same BB a second time, it went all the way and "shot" out without problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0354.JPG (42.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0357.JPG (46.1 KB, 1 views)
Old August 9th, 2008, 18:53   #27
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Clean your barrel.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2008, 19:08   #28
zone 69

Quote:
Ok I decided to take a look at the barrel again.

I dropped a BB down the end of the barrel and it stopped right in the hopup.
(See the pictures attached)

Now if I plugged the bottom hole of the hopup chamber and blew into the end... well I dented my bedroom wall with the BB. The hopup is completely turned down.

When I turned the hopup all the way the other way, the BB stopped a little further forward than in the pics.

The reason I think it just might need a cleaning is when I tried the BB with the hopup all the way up, the BB didnt make it down the barrel a centimeter before stopping, yet when I tried the same BB a second time, it went all the way and "shot" out without problem.
I think your hopup is fine. From what you posted thats how a hopup works. You need to lube dude.

Last edited by zone 69; August 9th, 2008 at 19:11..
Old August 9th, 2008, 19:17   #29
Drache

which must wait until the end of the month, not going to town until after I get back from Alberta.....
Old August 9th, 2008, 19:24   #30
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Just clean your barrel. Stick a small patch of cloth down the barrel and shove it down with a loading rod or something similar. You'd be amazed how much shit comes out of a barrel.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner