Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PTW Buff's needed!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 19th, 2007, 20:56   #1
Death March

PTW Buff's needed!

Well this is how it went today with my PTW.I was plinking down in my range and I was using the M130(Gold Cyl.) and while firing it just stopped feeding BB's? Ok well I know there is a O-ring the kinda replaces the Tappet plate in a regular Mech-box and if said O-ring goes can cause this problem.No biggie,I go to take the Cyl. apart and I can hear parts moving around(not good),so I put it apart and the screw in the Cyl. head had become unscrewed.So the piston and head were now two parts? no damage,cleaned out the parts regreased,put some Loc-tight(242) and it's firing like nothing happened? Has anyone had this happen with the PTW (CQBR).This Cyl. has seen about ten mag's(not alot!).Is this a problem with all Cyl.'s for the ptw?:hammer:
Old November 19th, 2007, 21:01   #2
jameskersten

Its seems to be a very common problem as of late. I think every person on my team who recently bought new cylinders has had this issue. No big issue, just locktite and its good to go.

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 21:09   #3
Death March

But has anybody lost patrs because of this? I'm thinking I might just pull my M90 apart as well and catch it before it bites me in the ass(like durring a game lol).
Old November 19th, 2007, 21:26   #4
LUTNIT

Happened to me with my M130 cylinder (within 1000rnds) though my M110 (3000+ rnds) and M90 (less than 100rnds) are fine. Happened to Kokanee with his M110 too. All bought from SystemA preassembled.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 21:37   #5
mcguyver

This seems to be a new thing. All my cylinders are no newer than spring of this year, and all five function perfectly, and have all had a few rounds through them.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 21:43   #6
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

As Lutnit said it happened to me w/ my systema-assembled cylinder. As long as you catch it before damage occurs, you are gtg if you just reassemble w/ loctite.

Highly recommend you loctite any remaining cylinders you have.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 21:50   #7
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

wow i'll be sure to do this then! which loctite should i buy?
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 22:14   #8
mcguyver

Blue (removable)

I use Permatex Blue #24200. Same shit basically.

Old November 19th, 2007, 22:29   #9
nx2001

PTW Quality?

Are you guys implying that the PTW cylinders are duds? Meaning if you don't lockdown the inner screw the cylinder will malfunction?

I only ask because there seems to be a contradiction here ... PTW magazines that don't feed unless you pull out the Followers, PTW cylinders that cease to fire unless you disassemble them to tighten down an inner screw, PTW guns that might stop firing if the electronics get damp. Not what I expect from such a high price AEG.
nx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 22:35   #10
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nx2001 View Post
Are you guys implying that the PTW cylinders are duds? Meaning if you don't lockdown the inner screw the cylinder will malfunction?

I only ask because there seems to be a contradiction here ... PTW magazines that don't feed unless you pull out the Followers, PTW cylinders that cease to fire unless you disassemble them to tighten down an inner screw. Not what I expect from such a high price AEG.
Systema had a reason for the followers, to feed all the BBs. leaving none in the magazine. Mine fed fine with the followers, but they have a tendancy to pop out of the mag during a quick mag change. So. I pulled them and put in 2 bright green BBs for a visual sign of an empty mag.

The cylinder issue is a new issue, which has only come to light in the last 2 months or so.

Have you actually read this thread through, as well as any others? You make general statements of regarding "issues" that you don't understand, unless you own one. It's Ferrari owners complaining about their poor headlights, even though they own a super-fast car that performs like it's price-tag.

Old November 19th, 2007, 23:02   #11
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nx2001 View Post
Typical elitist comments ...

To expand on your Ferrari owners scenario what use is a Ferrari (regardless of how much you paid for it and its high performance design) if you can't even get the damn car out on the road! And poor headlights ... now you can't even drive the car in the dark?

I have read the PTW forums that indicate the Followers should be removed to prevent magazine feeding problems, not only because the Followers get shot off, which in itself is yet another weird problem if you think of it ... in both cases you wind up with a magazine that can't feed properly.

And now PTW owners are complaining about cylinders that fall apart after a few hundred/thousand rounds because a screw needs to be tightened ... lol

I'm just commenting that if you pay Ferrari prices you are not expecting Ford Motor Car problems.
Now, elitist I've never been accused of, but realist I have. Systema has made an oversight in assembly of aftermarket cylinders. But they will correct it, and no stock cylinders seem to be affected.

But, how many $1500 Classic Army M249's went down due to a $5 piston? No company is immune from errors, irregardless of the gun.

But, you've been on here since Nov of this year, and you don't own a PTW. Buy one, then talk about it. What you've "read" means jack until you've owned it.

Old November 19th, 2007, 23:09   #12
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
The followers don't get fed into the breech and fired. They can sometimes come out of the mag top and fall out when the mag is changed. The diameter of the follower is too large to fit into the breech and down the barrel.

The disconnecting cylinder is not exactly a new issue. I have seen it in one Gen3 PTW. It's possible that there are some M130 cylinders which are an old build. Inventory circulation may have brought problematic product into the market.

There really isn't much point to dissing an entire product in a problem discussion thread when a very simple and affordable fix deals with the very same problem. Slagging something, at length, that is very easily fixed is a waste of pixels.

Granted it's very a very goofy problem. At least it's easily dealt with unlike many core failures that can persist in some AEGs.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 23:10   #13
Death March

I think I'm going to do my M90 cyl. before it goes lol.Thanks to all( at least I'm not alone with this one!).I still have all my other AEG's (C.A.,G&P,ICS,etc.) I will Not sell any of them(well one 249) they all do one thing better than another,for different styles! But the Systema,untill ya fire one,it's not like any other and it's a monster,still love it even with this little issue! I know what you are saying(nx2001),but it's a different beast than what your use too.Ya just have to try one to see what these guys are talking about,come to the darkside lol,Cheers guys!
Old November 19th, 2007, 23:13   #14
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
At least it's easily dealt with unlike many core failures that can persist in some AEGs.
Like Ver. 3 guns locking up on sem-auto? Or the TOP bellows system? Or Ver. 2 gearboxes craking and breaking at the head joint? G&G guns?

Old November 20th, 2007, 01:19   #15
SBranson23

Hey Death March... have you been to the Systema PTW users forum?
http://www.systema-europe.com/Forum/

A much better place to deal with PTW issues so we don't have deal with people like nx2001 who have nothing useful to contribute but figure they're important enough to comment on something they know nothing about.

Last edited by SBranson23; November 20th, 2007 at 01:41.. Reason: edited for civility. ha!
SBranson23 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner