Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE-Tech 1911 Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 24th, 2007, 20:50   #1
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
Question WE-Tech 1911 Problem

Sup guys.
I am having a problem w/ my WE-Tech 1911 Tactical GBB. The slide won't lock back after the last shot. I have heard that this is a common problem, and that fileing the part of the slide catch that catches the slide so that it has a slightly sharper angle will work (wow, that was a mouthfull). I am using green gas and .2g bb's. Thanks.-Brett
incrediboy729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 00:14   #2
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
Exclamation

50 people have viewed this, and nobody has a solution?!?!?
Old June 13th, 2007, 00:25   #3
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
You've pretty much solved the problem yourself. Take off the slide apply common sense.

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 00:26   #4
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
You've pretty much solved the problem yourself. Take off the slide apply common sense.

What if I'm all out of common sense? I heard you need a special license to import any common sense into canada from asian after 1998.... i'm all out, what can i do!!!!!!!!!!

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 14:35   #5
incrediboy729

Lightbulb

haha... I could use that in my next arguement with my parents (you know, the whole "DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN?!?" lecture. Anyway, I also heard that the little spring loaded pin that's pushing on the back of the slide catch can also be the problem. My dad and I tried fileing off a *little* bit of the slide catch, but it still didn't work... so we'll try fileing some of that nub off too. Hope it works!
Old June 13th, 2007, 15:10   #6
safx

Happens eventually to all WE guns cause they are made of
cheap soft metal comps. Not only on the outside but also on
the inside so you can expect to have some parts wear out
long before expected.

www.cobraairsoft.com carries some WE replacement parts
but stock is iffy.

Next time get a TM and upgrade it with quality aluminum
Old June 13th, 2007, 15:16   #7
The Saint

I'm the second owner of my WE1911 and she's shooting just fine. The problem he describes is a single spring that's too strong. The solution is to file the tip of the nub that pushes against the slide catch. It's not an issue of "pot metal".
Old June 13th, 2007, 15:30   #8
safx

Well if you've fixed your WE by changing a spring
that's great. Don't forget I own one and have owned
another, also have friends with them and we've all
had the metal slides wear down and many parts on
the insides as well. Don't take offense, it's a fact that
the WE guns are made from soft zinc mixed metals.

Madmax told me ASCA wouldn't carry them because
the quality was too low, meaning he'd receive too
many duds right out of the box per shipment.

I saw the appeal most do, full metal gun, clone of a
top maker, relatively low cost, heavy weight, runs
on propane etc. Until you watch it fall apart piece by
piece.

I hope you guys got 2 of the better made ones.

PS: your talking about shaving down the plunger spring pin? I guess that would be cause the slide notch is worn..
Action makes a complete metal slide with internals for $60 US...

Last edited by safx; June 13th, 2007 at 15:34.. Reason: more info
safx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 16:24   #9
The Saint

I'm just really getting tired of the term "pot metal", people call anything they don't like pot metal and proceed to complain about durability and weight with anedotic evidence at best. And there are a lot of stuff made from zinc alloy out there, not just GBB bodies, to blank them all as crappy pot metal.

As for ASCA not carrying them, I know, I called them about it before. That's their decision as retailers. There certainly was a market for them, and still is.

Dunno the name, is the plunger spring pin located right above the left grip panel? 'Cause that'd be it. No, it's not because the slide notch is worn. It happens to new WE1911s, too. The pin actually holds the slide catch in place, like, firmly holds it in place, instead of letting it move when the mag empties. This is because the spring pushing the pin is the same spring that pushes a second pin to restrict the thumb safety, and WE is using a spring that's apparently a lot stiffer than found in their 2011 to improve the safety clickiness. Hence filing off a bit of the pin's tip instead of doing anything else.
Old June 13th, 2007, 16:41   #10
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Well I've fired off about 50+ some mags in both of my WE GBB's on propane with no issues..... hell I've even upgrade the one of them slightly..... No issues with the wear on them yet, heck they have less year on them then my TM and KSC GBB's do at that stage of life.....
Old June 13th, 2007, 16:51   #11
safx

Yah man I hear you lol but I didn't say pot metal any where. It's just a fact that the metals used by WE are soft by comparison to the upgrade aluminum slides and frames made by most know 3rd party makers. I've got WA aluminum slides by SD and Prime and both are super hard and the finish is unbelievably durable— one is 2.5 years old and still has no wear to the metal and I use it all the time. The only "pot metal" I saw in an airsoft gun was in a Maruzen M1100 that I had to assemble. The inner receiver was a cast metal, rough and full of holes.. I almost weeped.

Yes, but my point was just to warn others about the quality and risks of buying WE guns. You and others can and will choose to buy them but I think people should know what their getting into, the trail of WE problems is getting long, and who has time to waste fixing and filing? Just trying to help others avoid the problems I've suffered.

Yep that's the pin, it's called a plunger, has 3 tiny pieces to it. It happens to new WE's as well? Just think about that for a minute. Well just be careful how much you file off from these guns cause they file off on their own.

Sorry for the off topic rant, hope theirs some helpful info between Saint and I arguing
Old June 13th, 2007, 16:54   #12
safx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Well I've fired off about 50+ some mags in both of my WE GBB's on propane with no issues..... hell I've even upgrade the one of them slightly..... No issues with the wear on them yet, heck they have less year on them then my TM and KSC GBB's do at that stage of life.....
Hahaha, your always there to flip the other side of the WE coin BloodSport

I think you have the best made Dragons ever to leave the production line!

Maybe one day you'll see mine in person and I can tell you the horror
stories. You ever seen the firing block cracked right through? The list
goes on and on. I think I'm jusy going to put mine in a shoe box and
bury it in the yard...
Old June 13th, 2007, 17:07   #13
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by safx View Post
Yep that's the pin, it's called a plunger, has 3 tiny pieces to it. It happens to new WE's as well? Just think about that for a minute. Well just be careful how much you file off from these guns cause they file off on their own.
Yes, the plunger only needs to be file a little. I don't think it'll wear nearly as fast as the slide catch it rubs against, though. Not quite convinced the plunger is zinc alloy.

As for it happening to new WE guns... WE is hardly perfect, hence the price. No debating that. But this problem is almost hardly worth mentioning, since it's so easy to fix. Want to complain about the WE1911? Complain about the finish. Oh god I hate the finish. I dare say that I can get her to shoot as a good if not better than a TM1911 by the time I'm finished with all the planned upgrades, but there is nothing I can do about the really vulnerable finish.

If you do decide to bury your Dragon in your backyard, don't be surprised if I sneak into your yard at night for some grave robbing.
Old June 19th, 2007, 15:31   #14
incrediboy729

My gun came defective, AND I am pretty sure the slide is upgraded aluminum... not pot metal. I am very satisfied the gun (besides the fact that it won't lock back), especially considering that my first gun was a KJW M9 Plastic. Yup, that's a great gun for people new to airsoft and only have $60 to spend... but...*sniff*..... it's time to move on... Anyway, I called the people I bought it from, and they said that the problem was that the slide was really heavy.
Old June 20th, 2007, 17:04   #15
incrediboy729

I found a replacement slide catch at airsoft gi for $15. Will that help?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner