Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE GBB mag question regarding "gas-ing up"

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 16th, 2012, 15:29   #31
Ballcancer

Well thats the difference you are using an open bolt system from what it sounds like .... I tried the open bolt system and I absolutly hated it .. Very inconsistent and unreliable in my opinion... CO2 in the AWSS system on the other hand is much better ... I have watched guys do full mag dumps at the 0 degree (celcius) mark with bolts locking back crisply. There is somthing wrong with your CO2 mags (you can adjust the regulators on them you know). On my AWSS there is noticeable fps increase (this does depend on the tempurature, noticeable rate of fire increase, and recoil increase.
Old January 16th, 2012, 16:09   #32
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
Well thats the difference you are using an open bolt system from what it sounds like .... I tried the open bolt system and I absolutly hated it .. Very inconsistent and unreliable in my opinion... CO2 in the AWSS system on the other hand is much better ... I have watched guys do full mag dumps at the 0 degree (celcius) mark with bolts locking back crisply. There is somthing wrong with your CO2 mags (you can adjust the regulators on them you know). On my AWSS there is noticeable fps increase (this does depend on the tempurature, noticeable rate of fire increase, and recoil increase.
Can ya shoot a human sized target at 260 feet consistently with your AWSS?

I've never had a problem with this gun. It is fully upgraded, but it was still very nice stock. Maybe you had bad luck; but I believe the Open Bolt System is superior taking everything into account. Plus, keep in mind the VN Style mags have NOTHING to do with the crappy standard mags.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 18:06   #33
Ballcancer

This is true on some accounts, I bought my AWSS About two years ago mainly due to it being one of the toughest systems out there and in my opinion it still is. With the brass tube system and steel airnozzle, and trigger unit, I can beat the hell out of it, not clean it (have had sand, gunk and even the blue gasket stuff (I didn't let the gasket maker dry for the whole week so some of it spewed out) cake up in the internals an it still worked. My Open bolt which I treated the same way didn't last nearly as long. It had an inconsistent rate of fire and I had so many jams it wasn't even funny. That an my airnozzle cracked because of how hard I use mine. I'll stick to my AWSS for these reasons, I am not trying to hit someone out as far as you claim to say you do, but my gun will reach out and touch someone at 140 ft easily, not bad for the CQB model. If I need to reach out that far I'll switch to a different weapon or move up. You say the open bolt system is far superior, maybe interms of the hop up and the cool factor of having nothing in the chamber when the bolt is not at battery. All I know is that my gun works %100 of the time with minor maintenance. Anyway this just going to turn out into another dick measuring contest so let's get back to what the OP was asking about.
Old January 16th, 2012, 18:08   #34
Ballcancer

Also I have heard that the VN mags were pretty good, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them out personally, might one day I have 9 regular mags and no money for more mags yet lol
Old January 16th, 2012, 18:16   #35
XZIVR

So here's a question, I know people say don't store them empty, but what about full? Half full?
XZIVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 18:18   #36
Ballcancer

You can store them with any amount of gas that you want as long as there is some gas with a tiny bit of oil to keep the seals from drying out.
Old January 16th, 2012, 19:44   #37
kullwarrior

Quote:
Also I have heard that the VN mags were pretty good, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them out personally, might one day I have 9 regular mags and no money for more mags yet lol
VN mags beats 30 rounder on WE on almost every respect

1) More gas efficient, after 25 round dump the chrono fps only drop 30-50 compared to 30 rounder dumping 25 50-100

2) Way less leaky, 3 things can cause leak; valve release, o-ring on the screw, and main o-ring

3) More drop resistant, (the body is stronger than the shell base design)

Downside:
-holds 25 instead of 20 or 30
-1 piece body design (no P-mag or ranger plate)

If I'm not doing an impression I'll take 20 rounder anyday.

FYI: on Arnie's forum people had said if you're playing above -10C use 20 rounder w/ propylene instead of CO2 mag (especially in humid environment)
30 rounder w/ propylene was not as good as 20 rounder, I personally prefer co2 but base on its inefficiency and leakyness I'll stick to 20 rounder as my solution to cooler day gaming.
Old January 16th, 2012, 20:09   #38
Ballcancer

Yea I have heard that the VN are much better on gas efficiency than the 30 rounders... as for the 30 rounders that I have.. I only have to worry about the leaking from the two valves not my main ring - after applying the gasket maker technique, I have noticed consistancy increase as well as better gas efficiency... but propane still sucks in the cold.. I want to try the propylene but I have no idea where to buy cans of the stuff... Like I said I wouldn't mind trying the 20 rnders but I like my mags to be realcap .. and the 25 rnds in the VN mag just doesnt apeal to me...

As for CO2, I like it and don't mind the pounding to puts on the gun, thats what spare parts are for if needed.. but constantly buying the CO2 capsules is getting expensive... I only have 2 CO2 mags because of this... as I mainly use them at night during 24 hr games.

Kull - could you tell me your experience with propylene? I would seriously like to try it out. Thanks!
Old January 16th, 2012, 21:06   #39
kullwarrior

Quote:
As for CO2, I like it and don't mind the pounding to puts on the gun, thats what spare parts are for if needed.. but constantly buying the CO2 capsules is getting expensive... I only have 2 CO2 mags because of this... as I mainly use them at night during 24 hr games.
One of the biggest issue is the leaky co2 mag reported, I'm really disappointed WE did NOT use a proper expansion chamber this result in variation even if the temperature is kept the same from first shot to last few that can lock back

Quote:
Kull - could you tell me your experience with propylene? I would seriously like to try it out. Thanks!
Propylene aka MAPP gas is 97% propylene, 3% propane, they can be purchase from hardware store (yellow can)

Long story short:
-slightly increase in fps (10-30fps on 0.2g)
-a lot better vapourization in the cold
-a lot stinkier, almost makes you want to vomit even if you breath through your ears and eyes
-If smoking shooting propane GBB causes hair burn, smoking shooting propylene can burn your skin into well done (never tried, never want to even attempt)
Old January 16th, 2012, 21:24   #40
Ballcancer

huhh I must have gotten lucky with my CO2 Mags.. neither of mine leak and I have always had consistant rate of fire. Haven't put them through the Chrono yet, and my bolt always locks back.. same with a bunch of other guys CO2 mags iv seen (but all those guys are using the AWSS system) both the open bolt and the AWSS could react differently to CO2.

Thanks for the info on Propylene.. I wanna give it a try, but as long as it won't blow up from being used in the gun. I don't smoke so thats not an issue lol
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:43   #41
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

While we are on the topic of CO2 mags, how do you adjust the regulartors on them? I got my first CO2 mag yesterday when I bought a T91 and was curious since I have never used one.

Another note (not sure if mines faulty) is it suppose to release all the gas after a couple shots in full auto? I was dry firing it and after some full auto bursts the gas pssssssss'd out.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:47   #42
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
VN mags beats 30 rounder on WE on almost every respect

1) More gas efficient, after 25 round dump the chrono fps only drop 30-50 compared to 30 rounder dumping 25 50-100

2) Way less leaky, 3 things can cause leak; valve release, o-ring on the screw, and main o-ring

3) More drop resistant, (the body is stronger than the shell base design)

Downside:
-holds 25 instead of 20 or 30
-1 piece body design (no P-mag or ranger plate)

If I'm not doing an impression I'll take 20 rounder anyday.

FYI: on Arnie's forum people had said if you're playing above -10C use 20 rounder w/ propylene instead of CO2 mag (especially in humid environment)
30 rounder w/ propylene was not as good as 20 rounder, I personally prefer co2 but base on its inefficiency and leakyness I'll stick to 20 rounder as my solution to cooler day gaming.
Can't agree more!
GSK88 and I were dumping mags in slightly below zero weather using the 20 rounders and just regular propane a few weeks ago. The 30 rounders were noticeably sluggish towards the end, but the 20th shot from a VN mag was the same as the first.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 13:12   #43
Ballcancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCL View Post
While we are on the topic of CO2 mags, how do you adjust the regulartors on them? I got my first CO2 mag yesterday when I bought a T91 and was curious since I have never used one.

Another note (not sure if mines faulty) is it suppose to release all the gas after a couple shots in full auto? I was dry firing it and after some full auto bursts the gas pssssssss'd out.
Yea I usually get around 40 shots full auto with my CO2 mags when dry firing. When the CO2 cartridge is empty it will just vent what ever little gas it has left as it does not have enough pressure to push the bolt back.

As for the regulators you have to take off the mag shell and you will find two big adjustment screws on the back side of the mag (I think it's the back anyway)

Last edited by Ballcancer; January 17th, 2012 at 13:16..
Ballcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2012, 14:05   #44
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

Quote:
Yea I usually get around 40 shots full auto with my CO2 mags when dry firing. When the CO2 cartridge is empty it will just vent what ever little gas it has left as it does not have enough pressure to push the bolt back.

As for the regulators you have to take off the mag shell and you will find two big adjustment screws on the back side of the mag (I think it's the back anyway)
Do they need to be tight? Or how does one go about adjusting it?
Old January 17th, 2012, 15:20   #45
Ballcancer

Ha that I don't know... you will have to research that I turned mine and it just so happened to put it on the perfect setting.. and I have had to touch the one mag since.. I just know that thats what they are for.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner