Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G3 Mechbox Cycle issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 1st, 2011, 00:03   #31
Amos

inspect the gears VERY closely.. you may have worn teeth..
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 00:16   #32
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
After single shots on any mechbox I've seen or worked on, the nozzle is rearward a bit and almost immmovable. Maybe it can spring back a few mm but that's it.
The nozzle should go fully foreward. That is the purpose of the tappet plate spring. If it is not able to move, then you are doing something wrong.

The ONLY thing that moves the tappet plate away from battery is the notch on the sector gear. and it does not hold the tappet plate foreward, only pulls it back

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 00:24   #33
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
The nozzle should go fully foreward. That is the purpose of the tappet plate spring. If it is not able to move, then you are doing something wrong.

The ONLY thing that moves the tappet plate away from battery is the notch on the sector gear. and it does not hold the tappet plate foreward, only pulls it back
I don't think you understand what I mean.
Oh well.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 15:19   #34
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

SO after replacing the gears completely, I am still having the SAME problem >_>

If anybody knows of a place that has an ASCU in stock - please tell me. I am thinking i need soemthing with active breaking, and there is no room in my rifle for a trigger master.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; April 11th, 2011 at 15:21..
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 15:47   #35
Schwag

Not having read the whole thread, I may be repeating but I would check the spring on my selector plate to make sure it is moving the cutoff lever properly.
I would also check the tension on the screw that holds it in place. Too tight won't move enough, too loose and it may not catch. I would also check the tappet spring to make sure it's tight enough to snap the nozzle back.
And maybe the cutoff lever has been damaged.

Do you have a sector gear clip installed? Sometimes if it's in backwards, it can cause nozzle/tappet problems

(Former)Grand Poobah of T.W.A.T.
Schwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 17:03   #36
IggysPiggy

Your real problem is the feeding and airseal problem focus on that not the overspin. My highspeeds overspin and the nozzel wil be half cocked but it should not interfere with feeding or airseal. Try tightening your tappet plate spring if your worried its not returning in time(if you dont know how google will show you). There should not be a feeding or airseal issue regardless of overspin.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 17:19   #37
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggysPiggy View Post
Your real problem is the feeding and airseal problem focus on that not the overspin. My highspeeds overspin and the nozzel wil be half cocked but it should not interfere with feeding or airseal. Try tightening your tappet plate spring if your worried its not returning in time(if you dont know how google will show you). There should not be a feeding or airseal issue regardless of overspin.
The air seal issue is coming from the nozzle being pulled back too soon. As a result, the BB is not shot and another one cannot feed in.
I do not see any way to fix the airseal/feeding problem when the nozzle does not function properly.
Old April 12th, 2011, 00:55   #38
IggysPiggy

Its a fixed thing if your nozzle is not sealing its your spring. The tappet pickup is a fixed thing your saying that your guns cycling so fast that your picking up the nozzle before your piston slams home?
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 14:54   #39
CJay

another blindingly obvious question to put forward here for consideration and I accept it may be barking up the wrong tree - u mentioned replacing the nizzle - did u replace the original with a G3 nozzle or just a version 2 nozzle because I'm kinda sure they are different lengths - same thing with VFC SCAR H's
Old April 12th, 2011, 15:22   #40
HKGhost

If you still can't figure it out or none of your methods has worked, contact a gun doctor in your area. I think venture is from the east end or ship it to me.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance

Last edited by HKGhost; April 12th, 2011 at 18:57..
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2011, 18:21   #41
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
another blindingly obvious question to put forward here for consideration and I accept it may be barking up the wrong tree - u mentioned replacing the nizzle - did u replace the original with a G3 nozzle or just a version 2 nozzle because I'm kinda sure they are different lengths - same thing with VFC SCAR H's
Nozzle was not replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKGhost View Post
If you still can't figure it out or none of your methods has worked, contact a gun doctor will be in your area. I think venture is from the east end or ship it to me.
Sent out PM to local gundocs yesterday, awaiting replays.
Old April 14th, 2011, 23:07   #42
venture

I just read this whole thread jr.

I think the problem is not what you think. I think the spring swap gave you a misdirection.

When you shoot in semi, as Styrak noted, the nozzle is left pulled back. It is very common and it will spring forward into the hopup to form an airseal before the piston shoots forward again.

Therefore your problem is probably at the cylinder head or, more likely, the nozzle itself needs to be replaced.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 00:45   #43
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
When you shoot in semi, as Styrak noted, the nozzle is left pulled back. It is very common and it will spring forward into the hopup to form an airseal before the piston shoots forward again.
Thank you!

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:36   #44
Whiskey
formerly BLACKWATER204

Try replacing you're tappet return spring. If you do not have a replacement, heat the old one with a torch and quench it in oil, that should tighten it up. Also you might want to check if you're tappet plate is moving freely and returning all the way, make sure to add some grease on the tappet rails as well to aid in free movement.

Born to fight, trained to kill, ready to die, but never will.

Last edited by Whiskey; April 15th, 2011 at 09:48..
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:38   #45
venture

hey jr.,

i plan to be at the game on Sunday, maybe i can explain what i mean better there.

if you shoot in full auto then eventually the nozzle should be left forward and the piston back some. then push the nozzles in toward the back. it should smoothly spring forward again about 7 or 8 mm.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner