Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ASCU technical discussion

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 3rd, 2011, 17:53   #76
Flo-con

CJay, I don't know, I actually fixed that problem.
The thing is that to test it out I have quickly made a crappy Deans (T) plug to Tamiya plug adapter and I hadn't soldered it too well. I think it was preventing the MOSFET from working properly (it was probably preventing the current from flowing properly).

Are you still using Tamiya plugs ? If you are, you show switch for T plugs.
Otherwise, just make sure it's well soldered.

Also check the connexions to the motor. Maybe the contact between the wires end and the motor connectors is not too good.
Flo-con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2011, 23:56   #77
lanepratt
AV revoked.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in

I just got the new gen 2 ASCU unit. i have it installed in a VFC SR16 using 11.1v 15c lipos with a s120 modify spring and g&p m120 high speed motor.

First ill talk about the selector plate, since the one in this model is a metal selector plate, its a good idea to tape the side that could come in contact with the body, i believe this is in the instructions and they even send you with a special kind of tape in the new gen two box, I was having problems with switching to semi and full going back and forth when i went back to semi it would still shoot full, and vise versa, to solve this issue i took the dremal to the side where the unit contacts hit the plate and basically took enough away so that its nice and smooth between semi and full and safe.

Second issue i was having is the small ribbon cable i found even the slightest rub would tear it, and wires could pull out of their new connector very easily, however i do like the fact you can completely remove the new ribbon cable and pop in a new one.

Now the major problem i was having was over spinning causing double feeding on every shot the active breaking wasn't working the best by the time it stopped there was two bbs in the barrel. I tried different gear sets, hop up units, tapet plates, with no luck, so i said what the hell and threw the anti reversal latch back in. Now i know it says not to do this but i did, and guess what fixed my problem to make sure i would not cause any damage to the unit i put a few thousand rounds threw it and so far so good,

Don't know if this was already posted i skimmed through the 6 pages and didn't really see anything but i thought i would share this info in case anyone was having the same problem.

Over all im happy with the new unit, the new features with the 4 different modes, 3 round burst works really well, as well as the semi only lock out feature
lanepratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 07:16   #78
coach
aka coachster

Over spin is directly related to motor torque. They recommend you find a motor that is difficult to turn by hand. The harder to turn by hand, the stronger the magnets. The stronger the magnets, the faster it will stop (active brake) when shooting.

Currently using a G&P m170 and have no over spin issues. Spring is an m120.

Also, the AR latch is going to be more affected with connecting your battery Vs. shooting. When you plug in your battery, the beeping you hear is the motor parking and 'setting' the gears. take the motor out and plug the battery in and you'll see it spin and reverse.

I am personally running 2 different setups and neither have the AR latch nor are they required.

Last edited by coach; June 10th, 2011 at 07:25..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:30   #79
audi_bhoy

I used a Jing Gong M-93 motor, available for about 30$ from ebairsoft.com, and without the mosfet it had so much torque it would overspin in single, the ASCU controlled that and it shot perfectly with the unit. That motor would make instant shots, if I go ASCU again I will definitely buy that one.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:02   #80
lanepratt
AV revoked.

thanks for the info guys, as i said this is what i tryed and it seemed to work, i did notice what you were talking about when you plug the batt in.

What would you recommend for a motor that will have the magnet power and but will provide high speed
Old June 10th, 2011, 13:03   #81
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepratt View Post
What would you recommend for a motor that will have the magnet power and but will provide high speed
what kind of ROF are you looking for? I'd put a smaller spring in and that should help reduce your over spin double feed problems.

I can't really help you if you want a ridiculous ROF while keeping the m120 but both my m4 and mp5 are running a modify s120 or something close to it and I am still getting a decent ROF with the G&P m170 motor. (note, the mp5 has a high torque JG motor in it)
Old June 10th, 2011, 13:13   #82
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

I use an EG 700, never had a single overwind problem. Very satisfied with my ASCU so far, the ribbon repair in a pain in the ass, slow, tedious job, but its doable. The new one with the removable ribbon is very smart.
Old June 10th, 2011, 18:37   #83
lanepratt
AV revoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
what kind of ROF are you looking for? I'd put a smaller spring in and that should help reduce your over spin double feed problems.

I can't really help you if you want a ridiculous ROF while keeping the m120 but both my m4 and mp5 are running a modify s120 or something close to it and I am still getting a decent ROF with the G&P m170 motor. (note, the mp5 has a high torque JG motor in it)
current set up im using a modify quantum pistoin, and a modify s120 spring, and the gp m120 motor and getting 25 bb/s would love to keep it around there.

I do have a guarder torque up motor the one airsoftparts has, gunna take out the anti reversal and try that motor see what i get

Update: i switched to my higher torque motor with out the ARL and working as should,

Last edited by lanepratt; June 11th, 2011 at 01:04..
Old June 11th, 2011, 07:05   #84
Flo-con

Waw there is a new version... no wonder why the price for the 1st gen had just dropped before I bought mine. Anyways after trying to tweak mine to much (I had almost done it cf the vidéo I posted earlier) it died.

Could someone give me measures of the new ASCU's main unit? If it's small enough to fit in my M4 UBR tube.

I managed to fit the old version by sanding the inside of the tube and rewiring the unit (it took me like 3 afternoons) but I don't know if i'll be able to do the same with the new one.

Old June 11th, 2011, 07:19   #85
coach
aka coachster

How do you mean died? The dimensions of the gen 2 are even smaller than the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanepratt View Post
Update: i switched to my higher torque motor with out the ARL and working as should,
glad it worked.
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:48   #86
Flo-con

Died, Nothing's happening anymore, no bip when plugged. I'm guessing either the microcontroller is dead or reset. There is no apparent damage in the outside so it's hard to tell.

I'm actually going to need some accurate measures of the unit if someone is kind enough to provide me with that. It could again be a really tight fit even if it's smaller out of the box (again, to fit the first gen, I had to go through a sh*t load of trouble).

I want to fit it and the battery into my Magpul UBR Stock for AEG. I widened the inside (did a lot of sanding).
Old June 22nd, 2011, 14:37   #87
Flo-con

Anyone? Please
Old June 27th, 2011, 03:53   #88
battleXtar

I bought the 1st gen ASCU about a year back from HK. Im still having problem trying to make the selector plate work in my dboys M4 since then...

I got the new sets of gears & goten also a infinite torque motor from Guarder, everything properly shimmied & motor height done properly, goten a new systema selector plate to work with the ASCU, running on M120 spring with 11.1v 1500mah lipo..

My problem eventually remains just the selector plate acting weird (with 5x5cm cut away)... in the semi auto mode the gun fires in 3 burst, & after about 3 trigger pulls then there is a 2 beeps from the ASCU, every time... in full auto mode the gun fire only once then 2 beeps & stop firing...

here is a bunch of question, just to make things clear:
When in semi auto mode does the 2 prong springs touching the copper part of the selector plate, & in the full auto mode does all the 3 prong springs touching the plate? & if the top selector plate is cut about 6mm (instead of 5mm according to the manual) does it still going to function well? What actually is the proper relations between the selector plate with the cut out lever & the 3 prong springs anyways?
battleXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:13   #89
audi_bhoy

The idea of cutting the SP is to allow the cut off lever to act freely, otherwise in normal operation in full auto the SP desactivates the cut-off lever, while using an ASCU you must make sure that the SP doesn't engages with the cut-off, as this is how the unit counts his shots for the 3-round burst. So basically, if you cut more it could just solve your problems. I don't have my unit or manual anymore, but if you check on the internet site of airsoft systems you might find the manual, and all the error message sounds are listed, and could help you understand your issue.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:18   #90
coach
aka coachster

do two things:
1) Check the clearance for your cutoff lever and if it interferes still, cut a hair more than the suggested 5mm along the width of the selector plate. Be careful to not cut too much.

2) slightly bend up the switch assembly contacts.

In safe, no contacts should be touching the selector plate. 2 in semi, and 3 in full.

Last edited by coach; June 27th, 2011 at 10:21..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner