Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ASCU technical discussion

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:06   #46
cetane

I too noticed the motor wiring is shit on the ascu. When I finish installing mine I'll fix up the wires with some heat shrink tube. It is an easy install and I may buy another to put in the other aeg I have. Just need a new selector plate as mine was all plastic and I need the metal contact one.
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:18   #47
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightimes View Post
I insalled my ASCU early Jan, it was working fine with my Madbull 11.1v 1000amp 15c lipo. Until I gamed it today...! There seems to be a lot of power drain on the battery. I charged it again and still has that 2 beep. I they tryed my friends G&P 11.1v lipo and it worked fine for about 300 rounds. Then the battery went dry. My friend uses the same spring (Madbull 130) as I do. But his battery lasted him all night (Without the ASCU).

So I discharged my lipo, which I shouldn't do. And charged it again, it fires. But I'm thinking the ASCU drains a lot of the power from the battery. Anybody have this battery draining problem...?

My set up,
Madbull 130 spring
G&P M170 Devil Jet motor
TLP X17 charger
Systema helical gears, piston, piston head and cylinder.
G&P Mk18 Mod 0
G&P gear box
I tryed my systema gear box, but it wouldn't fit perfecty with the receiver. So I stayed with the stock G&P 8mm. Which is made very nice.

First I thought the amp on the lipo was too low, then I thought the spring was too hard. At one point I thought I fryed my lipo. Why won't my full charged 11.1 lipo push it...? Then I read about power draining a lot more with the ASCU installed. Now I'm thinking of putting the normal switch back in so my lipo would last longer. Anybody have this power problem in game.?
I honestly haven't noticed that. It's suppose to be more efficient with power usage. Weird.

Are you plugging in you battery and leaving it in your gun when not using? I won't typically plug in a lipo or life battery until at the field.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 13:06   #48
spartan117

if the ASCU is installed to the rear, will it fit a lipo in the buffer tube?
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 15:11   #49
Akhéron Sombre

In this set-up, it didn't fit completly. I can only use the last 2 positions on my tube (with a magpul ctr stock), but it's good enough for me.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:08   #50
venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
if the ASCU is installed to the rear, will it fit a lipo in the buffer tube?
very tight fit.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:03   #51
Akhéron Sombre

But the way, i'm using a Madbull PX04 LiPo battery.
Old February 27th, 2011, 18:05   #52
Jughead

Has anyone tried the ASCU without the fuse next to the batery connector? Whats are the Cons of doing such a thing?
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 18:14   #53
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Has anyone tried the ASCU without the fuse next to the batery connector? Whats are the Cons of doing such a thing?
No. And I don't recommend it. A short could damage either the control board or the sensor unit.

Do you have a space limitation? Would relocating it help?
Old February 27th, 2011, 18:25   #54
Jughead

Yes, I am having a little bit of a issue of space in my crane stock.. But I should be able trim down the wires and keep it on...

Thanks for the quick reply.. Cheers
Old February 27th, 2011, 21:57   #55
audi_bhoy

I had a crane stock on my previous set-up, of course the stock wasn't able to go all the way in, it was on the second position and with a 2/3A 9.6v battery it would just fit right.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 16:02   #56
Jughead

I have it so that it sits on the second position, and is tight when fully collapsed...
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:36   #57
CJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightimes View Post
I insalled my ASCU early Jan, it was working fine with my Madbull 11.1v 1000amp 15c lipo. Until I gamed it today...! There seems to be a lot of power drain on the battery. I charged it again and still has that 2 beep. I they tryed my friends G&P 11.1v lipo and it worked fine for about 300 rounds. Then the battery went dry. My friend uses the same spring (Madbull 130) as I do. But his battery lasted him all night (Without the ASCU).

So I discharged my lipo, which I shouldn't do. And charged it again, it fires. But I'm thinking the ASCU drains a lot of the power from the battery. Anybody have this battery draining problem...?

My set up,
Madbull 130 spring
G&P M170 Devil Jet motor
TLP X17 charger
Systema helical gears, piston, piston head and cylinder.
G&P Mk18 Mod 0
G&P gear box
I tryed my systema gear box, but it wouldn't fit perfecty with the receiver. So I stayed with the stock G&P 8mm. Which is made very nice.

First I thought the amp on the lipo was too low, then I thought the spring was too hard. At one point I thought I fryed my lipo. Why won't my full charged 11.1 lipo push it...? Then I read about power draining a lot more with the ASCU installed. Now I'm thinking of putting the normal switch back in so my lipo would last longer. Anybody have this power problem in game.?
I'm using mine with a 35c 11.1 3300mAh. I've installed 10 of em for ppl and there has never been a problem. Te only thing ICANN see is ur battery might be a little on the weak side. 15c is pretty weak for a 130 spring. Even a large type 3600 9.6v will power ur gun better than an 11.1 15c lipo. mAh rating doesn't mean much apart from how Lon ur battery is gonna last on lipos an 1000 mAh is very low for an Airsoft battery. I'm not really that surprised ur not getting alot of use out of it.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 13:03   #58
cetane

Mine is up and running now. I like it I had to repair the motor wiring. I have one issue though and it might be just my plastic body but from safe to semi it no work. Auto works and going from auto to semi will make semi work. I need to mod the selector plate at the metal contacts to move it towards the rear of the body to make contact earlier so safe to semi works properly.

Also need to get a better battery or more of what I have. My battery life is about 1/2 of what it was before. Active braking I guess eats more battery ???

Last edited by cetane; March 2nd, 2011 at 13:05..
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 17:52   #59
IRONSIGHT

I'm wondering if anyone may have any advice. Mine is installed in a Ca33 stock internals, Guarder infinite tork up motor, M130 spring. I've used an 11.1v/1600mah 20c and a 7.4v/2150mah 20c and it does the same thing with both batteries. It seems to be overspinning and then winding back like a regular gear box with no anti reversal latch, and then I get the 2 beeps. It does this in full & semi although it usually starts giving 2 rnd bursts in semi. Any ideas? It almost seems like there is no active breaking?
IRONSIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:10   #60
coach
aka coachster

Are you sure it's over spin and not excessive back spin? Does it actually double feed?

I have not tried that motor so can't say for certain but it's possible you need a higher torque motor or lower your spring.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner