Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

P90 Problems, UPDATE upgrading???

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 17th, 2010, 00:04   #31
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Scrap all previous for now. After a very theral investigation of the Gearbox, I found out that the piston had been worn down to nothing!!!! which explains all the problems I encountered.

Atleast now I can fully take apart and rebuild my gearbox within minutes.
Also, you should reshim it. Was the piston that worn down the stock one or the modify one? I use all the Modify parts that you mentioned (except the shims) in my P90 and the only time I had BB feeding issues is when I use MAG 170 rd midcaps and/or I install my hopup rubber wrong and it gets turned WAY up, blocking the BBs.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 00:18   #32
cjboi

ya dude you should definitely shim your gears... I had to re shim mine to function smoothly with my Systema parts. Clean it out and apply some gear grease and piston grease, this is pretty good -->
cjboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:57   #33
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Silencer View Post
So is his issue solved?
Nope haha, there is barely any air pressure being created by the gearbox.

I did shim my gearbox.

Well I got an extra clear guarder hop up rubber + bucking that I can sell to someone now.

I do also still have the stock 247 mm inner barrel it came with which fits perfect with the rubber so now its just to fix my airleak problem.

UPDATE EDIT: You can place facepalm images and illustrations below. I realized I made the BIGGEST NOOB MISTAKE EVER. Will post pics tomorrow so you guys can see my major major major mistake. BTW this is probably the rot problem of the airleak.

Last edited by Short Round; August 17th, 2010 at 02:08..
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:07   #34
cjboi

didn't you say you have modify parts? lol and people say modify is good lmao... IT SUCKS get guarder or systema for your cylinder kits
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:09   #35
Amos

... Guarder parts are some of the lowest grade upgrade parts around (not counting chinese garbage)

I'd rank modify top 5 when it comes to manufacturers that have a wide selection of parts..

... And all the new systema stuff is made in china, assembled in Japan garbage... It sounds like you've been talking to someone that's stuck 4 years ago with their internal knowledge..
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:57   #36
cjboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
... Guarder parts are some of the lowest grade upgrade parts around (not counting chinese garbage)

I'd rank modify top 5 when it comes to manufacturers that have a wide selection of parts..

... And all the new systema stuff is made in china, assembled in Japan garbage... It sounds like you've been talking to someone that's stuck 4 years ago with their internal knowledge..
I'm only talking about p90 parts... I had a modify kit and it sucks (first the piston crapped out and the air seal sucks, then I switched to systema non bore up parts and YES its way better than modify. Seriously I don't care where systema is made from, it still perform better than modify... I wouldn't even say this, If I haven't experienced this in my gun.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:31   #37
Amos

Ah, I haven't used modify's stuff for the P90, I've seen and some of their other parts and they were good... but I'm using prometheus/ARS in everything now and it's MILES ahead of anything else lol
G3SD6
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:53   #38
cjboi

hands down Prometheus A+++ I agree on you on that one. The piston is rock solid, the bucking is great and specially the tight bore barrel it seems to be way better than the systema tight bore 6.04 barrel I bought. I should of waited a lil bit more, then I could of gotten the Prometheus TB barrel for my P90. Those are the only parts I've used for the Prometheus brand.
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:01   #39
Short Round
Najohn

Well everyone, screw the photos, I made the fix before realizing I should have taken photos. So here's what I realized: I place the cylinder in backwards.

The cylinder in the photo is placed with the port facing towards the back of the gear box, which is the propper position

What I did was I placed the cylinder facing towards the front of the gearbox, so 180% the cylinder and that's what my cylinder looked like.

So everytime the gearbox cycled through, the air pressure would just push out of the port instead and before hitting the cylinder head.

Now my gun is shooting bb's (not to hard but that is my battery as it hasn't been charged in a while) and I will be getting a new inner barrel (CA IB) to get the FPS/ accuarcy back, since I'm using the stock inner barrel now.
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:06   #40
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Wow lol. Haha.

While usually I tend to agree with amos, I do not agree when it comes to Guarder Cylinder Parts.

when it comes to Cylinder Heads, Cylinders, and spring guides they are IMO one of the best.

I will agree however, that their pistons, gears etc are all some of the worst crap ever made.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:09   #41
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Ah yes the old backwards cylinder trick.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; August 17th, 2010 at 10:17..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:38   #42
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Well everyone, screw the photos, I made the fix before realizing I should have taken photos. So here's what I realized: I place the cylinder in backwards.

The cylinder in the photo is placed with the port facing towards the back of the gear box, which is the propper position

What I did was I placed the cylinder facing towards the front of the gearbox, so 180% the cylinder and that's what my cylinder looked like.

So everytime the gearbox cycled through, the air pressure would just push out of the port instead and before hitting the cylinder head.

Now my gun is shooting bb's (not to hard but that is my battery as it hasn't been charged in a while) and I will be getting a new inner barrel (CA IB) to get the FPS/ accuarcy back, since I'm using the stock inner barrel now.
Talk to Turok_T You guys should start a support group!
G3SD6
Old August 17th, 2010, 13:41   #43
THe_Silencer

Thanks god someone invented the portless cylinder for us dummies eh?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:05   #44
Short Round
Najohn

Alright so a little update, parts I have currently in it after all this:

KS P90
NCStar DAB Red Dot
Custom L-shape 9.6v 1600mAh Battery
Silencer Killer Silencer (With custom created inner foam barrel)
9 bulb LED light with side mount

Modify Polycarbonate Piston (Full Teeth)
Modify Polycarbonate Bearing Piston Head
Modify Enhanced Cylinder Head - V6
Modify Stainless Steel Shims
Modify V2 Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Modfiy P90 Air Nozzle
King Arms P90 Tappet Plate
Guarder Clear Hop-up Set
CA Proline P90 430mm inner barrel
KS Stock - Gears (XYT Gears), Hop Up Unit, Motor, Spring, Cylinder, Bushing

Now I recently chronoed my gun at a past game, it was shooting 295 fps with .20bbs. Now that was not the result I was expecting but hey, its better then the 100 fps is was shooting before with the black hop up rubber.

So with that said, I've decided to upgrade the rest of my gun minus the gears and motor, my gun is shooting 300fps anyways so why not.

Just wondering though, what parts fit P90's/V6 Gearboxes? EX. for Spring Guides or Gears even. All I see on Airsoft Parts, ehobby, or any other site is V2, V3, and V7 parts and no V6's.

I did do a search on the forums about this but found a bunch of rambling about Guarder and its amazingness haha

If it matters, I would be getting upgrades for the Spring (either a SP90 or 120 Spring what would you suggest), Tappet Plate, and Air Nozzle, so the Gears, Hop Up Unit, Cylinder, and Motor would be the only stock items in the gun.

Last edited by Short Round; September 1st, 2010 at 23:44..
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:11   #45
cjboi

and what springs you using again??? damn that's weak
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner