Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM P226 slide doesn't lock back.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 30th, 2008, 19:58   #61
Kos-Mos

I had a P226R about 3 years ago...

I also had some lock-back issue during the early life of this gun. I still used it and eventually the slide locked back every single time.

I would put my money on the catch "return" spring.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 18:19   #62
Crunchmeister

Just an update on this thread:

I've had my Creation metal slide installed for almost a month now. I received the new stock TM slide assembly from Hellfire in early February and immediately proceeded to gut it and install the parts in the metal slide.

Since installing the metal slide, the slide lock has positively engaged every time. I've fired about 500 rounds using the same magazine I had used in the past (plus a second newer one), plus a lot of dry-firing to test if it would fail at all or the internals would show any wear like with the stock slide.

After all this firing, I see no signs of wear on the internal rail or in the slide catch notch.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; March 2nd, 2008 at 00:08..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 23:47   #63
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
You must have just got a bad part.

Oh and it's "Creation" :P

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 00:10   #64
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
You must have just got a bad part.

Oh and it's "Creation" :P
Yeah, I guess so, but since a few other people are seeing the same thing on other recent-model 226s, I suspect there was probably a bad batch and several landed in Canada.

lol Just before my post, I had been at the Creative Labs web site checking out sound cards. I guess I was still thinking about that when I typed my message and wrote Creative instead. I corrected my post.
Old March 10th, 2008, 22:10   #65
Crunchmeister

Ok, just an update. As you can see, I'm having other issues with this gun, but this info is pertinent to this problem. And at least in my mind, it confirms that the metal used on the blowback assembly case is crap.

I've had my P226 upgraded with a metal slide since the day I got the replacement stock slide. I never fired a single shot through the new slide. I simply proceeded to the upgrades. After firing dozens of mags, there wasn't the slightest bit of wear to that internal part I had originally damaged.

To troubleshoot a low FPS problem, I reverted the gun back to its stock form with all factory TM parts. I fired off 1 mag to test it out. Upon inspecting the inner rail in the gun (the one I had originally had the lock problems with), I found it was starting to show damage after locking the slide back ONE TIME. Yes, the edge is now worn a bit from ONE MAG ONLY. I tried loading it up with some duster (figuring that propane was the problem), and dry-fired it 3 times. I inspected the part, and found it had yet more wear on it.

So to me, that confirms that the problem is NOT the mag, follower spring, etc that everyone suggested, but CHEAP METAL used in the part.
Old March 10th, 2008, 22:47   #66
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
I've heard from another forum that if you just release the slide by pulling back and releasing the slide instead of releasing the slide lock button it'll decrease the amount of wear on the slide block
Old March 10th, 2008, 23:27   #67
Crunchmeister

Possibly, but you should have to do that to a 'quality' gun like a TM.

Regardless, the metal slide fixes taht problem, since the latch actually locks onto the notch in the slide instead of that inner rail, so it fixes the problem.
Old March 29th, 2008, 18:42   #68
dodger_me

Dont mean to bump a dead thread but,
Just pulled apart my p226 and re angled the catch. One thing that wasn't mentioned was that you need you also cut into the outside slide lock part(The plastic)
Also, when you take out the blow back chamber, take note to the position of the spring/spring guide... im still trying to figure out how it goes back in.
But you dont need that spring in there, it just means that the loading nozzle wont go back when you pull the slide back, it will go only far enough to alow it to load another round

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 18:47   #69
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger_me View Post
Also, when you take out the blow back chamber, take note to the position of the spring/spring guide... im still trying to figure out how it goes back in.
But you dont need that spring in there, it just means that the loading nozzle wont go back when you pull the slide back, it will go only far enough to alow it to load another round
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ghlight=spring
Old March 29th, 2008, 19:59   #70
Omi-san

Yeah, that tiny spring also puzzled me. It's ridiculously simple to put back though.
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 10:23   #71
ermalkoci

TM P226 part-5 machined

Hi everyone,
After reading this post and being a TM P226 owner myself, I really felt a little disappointed by TM. Anyway, it's no use to cry on spilled milk.
I talked with a friend of mine, who has access to metal working machines and he said if we can supply him with the right technical drawings of the part (he won't go into the hassle of doing it himself for anything in the world) it will be possible to machine it from the best suited metal of our choice.
I told him aluminum as I thought of the weight it should have, but anything can be used.
So, if anyone can or already have an exact technical drawing of the part, or if someone is able to do it from the actual part, than please mail it to me and I'll try to fix this common problem of ours once and for all.
Please keep in mind that the technical drawing that comes with the gun is not industrial type and can not be used for producing the part, so please don't send scans of the manual.
Hope to make this come true!!!
Ermal.
ermalkoci is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner