Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shotgun reviews...

:

General

Old June 28th, 2016, 23:39   #1
mikebarkski

Shotgun reviews...

anyone have advice for buying a shotgun?

this Tokyo Marui M870 Breacher is REALLY nice looking (and has the aesthetic looks that i want) but is REALLLY EXPENSIVE

the only things i really like about it are the 3-barrel system so your only blasting 1 or 2 bbs out each barrel (kinda seems like having 3 guns, 1 trigger which is cool), great on gas consumption
never owned a gas shotgun....not sure how the mechanism for pulling the rounds out of the 30 rnd shell is...but that seems pretty cool
anyone know of something similar for significantly less?
mikebarkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 00:57   #2
ShelledPants

There are cheap tri barrel pump (spring) shotguns available in Canada for around $100-150. I cannot provide links as you are not age verified yet

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2016, 02:02   #3
mikebarkski

sry, again with the AV thing....i wont make any more posts or ask questions about things untill someone here verifies my age....i already feel like i have inadvertently pissed enough people off just by trying to find info that is available to anyone on google (it just take longer to find it on your own)....but not as long as it would take for me to get me to travel all the way to where some one from the AV department is...thats my fault though im a hermit who lives off the grid and dont really have social skills (as you can see)
Old June 29th, 2016, 10:55   #4
Twelvecarpileup

I'd recommend trying a spring shotgun first to see if you like it before getting a marui. They are pretty easy to sell after you're done with it and you'll have all the shotgun shells you need since both types use the same.

I have a cheapo springer and it works great, love it as a backup. Cheaper to get "mags" then a pistol, and surprisingly good range for a spring shotgun.

That said, if you don't have an AEG get one of those first. Shotguns are fun, but you're out gunned no matter what and the advantages of a shotgun don't really translate to airsoft.

Cyma's got some new shotguns I've been seeing online for sub $200 that look a bit better then the ones most people have.
Twelvecarpileup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 01:03   #5
mikebarkski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvecarpileup View Post
I'd recommend trying a spring shotgun first to see if you like it before getting a marui. They are pretty easy to sell after you're done with it and you'll have all the shotgun shells you need since both types use the same.

That said, if you don't have an AEG get one of those first. Shotguns are fun, but you're out gunned no matter what and the advantages of a shotgun don't really translate to airsoft.

Cyma's got some new shotguns I've been seeing online for sub $200 that look a bit better then the ones most people have.
Hahaha, for sure...once i realized how much more practical the AEG rifles are due to the whole no gas thing, being lightwieght, 450rnd mags...its just a no brainer. I sport a G&G cm16 as a primary sprayer (everything else i own, and will buy in the future, is/will be for looks or just for fun...for instance i have a kwc co2 uzi w/ 2 spare mags just to scare people if i need to (they chew through co2, but the realism is so fun), and then i like to carry dual co2 deseart eagles (makes me feel better about the size of my *****) holstered in each armpit w/ 4 spare greenGas mags on my belt...next guns will be a revolver and/or shotgun....
When i played 10 years ago i had 2 cheap (but descent) spring shotties that were really fun [back then all i had were spring pistols, one nice GBB and a KJW MK gas sniper that was fun for a week until this little paper clip-like peice that was essential to the semi-auto system broke]...these shotties one barrell but you could pump like 4 rounds into a shot but they all came out of the same spot so you had better range and accuracy with just one, maybe 2. it had a long mag that slid in under the barrel...i dont want that type...the whole attraction to the shotty for me is the idea of loading a single shell w/ 30rnds into the gun itself, and then being able to fire three shots per pump out of their own seperate barrels. Then i would be putting a new 30rnd shell in the gun every ten shots, along with my spare pistol mags i could wear one of those straps loaded with 30rnd shells...that sounds cool
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General