Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review - ICS M4 BIBLE: Problems and Fixes

:

Reviews

Old November 2nd, 2010, 19:20   #76
LongStone

Just bought an ICS M4 (ICS-41) used it for 2 games so far and would like a bit better reach with it. From what I read here and a few other places ICS comes with a reasonably sturdy mechbox "out of the box".
I'm looking for a cheap upgrade @ this point, I can sink some more money in the spring (I have some other gear and a reasonable sized Bastard purchase to deal with right now)

I'm thinking a 120 spring (maybe even 130)
and a 6.04 barrel
If I'm shooting 330fps stock (assumed, haven't had access to a crony yet)
can I expect closer to 375-400 with just these changes?

aside=> watched the Bastard vid for "accurizing your airsoft" and they are pretty adamant about "fixing" (in place) your inner barrel, tried the masking tape "hack" but my ICS is pretty tight in the breach any thing more than 1 layer think would start to bind where the end of the barrel needs about 3 layers to be snug.
solution plastic from a retail blister pack took a piece about 2cm wide and long enough to wrap the barrel except a 2 mm space (I put the "groove" to the top)
then another piece of the same plastic cut into a triangle 1cm (wide end) 3cm long by 2mm (narrow end) and put it in point first into the groove and pushed it in till it was snug (plastic sticks out about 1mm just enough to grab with the tweezers) then put the flash hider back on.
will post when I can test it, if there is any appreciable diff in accuracy or consistency
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 20:32   #77
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

I just had some upgrades put on my ICS, changed the accuracy and consistently alot.

Prometheus 6.03 tightbore
Guarder Nozzle
Modify piston head
Bearing piston head
110 spring
bearing spring guide
scs and guarder clear hop up rubber

Wasn't cheap but man what a difference. Shoots about 355 fps and great range.

Now if I could just find a motor that wasn't so freakin loud I'd be set..
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 22:18   #78
LongStone

looks like I was reasonably close
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ht=ics+bible#2
Old November 2nd, 2010, 22:47   #79
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

Oh yeah, a 120 should get you to 380 on it's own. add a tightbore and it should give you a little boost there too.

In the spring put some cash into the compression/airseals. It'd be a nice shooter.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 12:47   #80
LongStone

just saw the spring chart, need to figure out which "120" actually equates to 120% strength of my current spring :-/

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=4911
Old February 20th, 2011, 13:57   #81
kaiu

So yeah today I picked up a couple things from Airsoft Parts for my ICS M4...

- Madbull DD MK18 Rail: This fit with pretty much no problem, really straight forward... I have to say though, the fit was EXTREMELY tight and snug, which is good I guess, since it holds up really nice.

- King Arms 10.5" Outer Barrel with Steel Chamber: This ALSO was a very very tight fit, but it fit no problems. The only problem I had was the fitting of my ICS Hop-up. I had to sand down the two sides of the ICS M4 a bit so that they would into the barrel.

- Madbull 6.03 300m Inner Barrel obviously has had no problems.

*Please note the tight fit refers to it was really tight in comparison to the original ICS barrel and stuffage :P*

So yeah in the end, the Hop-up required some modification for it to fit.

Last edited by kaiu; February 21st, 2011 at 23:07..
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:32   #82
sundae_1021

kaiu, your upper receiver is still the ICS receiver? And you don't have any problems installing the RIS handguard?

HATERS GONNA HATE
sundae_1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 17:27   #83
kaiu

Yeah it is the ICS receiver, no problems installing anything except it was a tighter fit for the new outer barrel compared to the stock ICS barrel.

The RIS fit really snug/tight, but that is a good thing imo... Literally kind of like a perfect fit

Mine is the SW M&P 15 version...

I don't have my crane stock yet (Getting it Feb 28 along with some other stuff), but i moved the existing front wires to the rear to test.... The Hop-up was modified, but works no problem...

Also the bottom closes properly so no fitting issues after installing the rail either...

(Got my silencer today, and it looks awesome :P I guess I will have to get a longer backup inner barrel for when I use the silencer...) I got the short one so it is easier to bring around :P

Last edited by kaiu; February 21st, 2011 at 23:06..
Old February 21st, 2011, 20:11   #84
sundae_1021

That's good man. I'm planning to put a free floating RIS handguard to my ICS M4, but I'm not sure what could fit. But now I know. Thanks man.

HATERS GONNA HATE
sundae_1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2011, 23:07   #85
kaiu

Basically any Metric based front set (same as TM) should work on the ICS M4...
Old August 16th, 2011, 19:30   #86
kenji25

hi guys i have one question, i want to buy daniel defense mk18 ris and this is the same like madbull and it will fit perfect to my ics m4?

and what about front barrel? can i regulate it? mk18 have 7,5" and my front RIS 7"

Last edited by kenji25; August 16th, 2011 at 19:35..
kenji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 21:07   #87
kaiu

If you are talking about outer barrel, you can pretty much buy any aeg outer barrel...

Only thing you might have to do, is modify your hopup to fit. (e.g. I had to sand my hop-up down to fit the King Arms outer barrel)
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:50   #88
Able1
Joeyaglr444

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
Yeah it is the ICS receiver, no problems installing anything except it was a tighter fit for the new outer barrel compared to the stock ICS barrel.

The RIS fit really snug/tight, but that is a good thing imo... Literally kind of like a perfect fit

Mine is the SW M&P 15 version...

I don't have my crane stock yet (Getting it Feb 28 along with some other stuff), but i moved the existing front wires to the rear to test.... The Hop-up was modified, but works no problem...

Also the bottom closes properly so no fitting issues after installing the rail either...

(Got my silencer today, and it looks awesome :P I guess I will have to get a longer backup inner barrel for when I use the silencer...) I got the short one so it is easier to bring around :P
What Outter barrel are you using?
It's not about the guy who doesn't call his hit. It's about the pants you're wearing and the pants you're team mate is wearing, Is it real multi cam or is it Chinese repro multi cam? I don't know but in the end it's still multicam.
Able1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:22   #89
kenji25

I Have this outer Barrel http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...or_TM_M4A1.htm and i can regulate it, but i dont know how much? Sorry for my english
kenji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:38   #90
kaiu

My outer barrel is a KA 10.5" from Airsoft Parts (site down for maintenance though). It has some play and can be adjusted from 10"-10.5" in length...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenji25 View Post
I Have this outer Barrel http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...or_TM_M4A1.htm and i can regulate it, but i dont know how much? Sorry for my english
If regulate you mean by shorten/lengthen, you can't because its a one piece m16 length outer barrel, and you need to buy a shorter barrel.

With a shorter barrel, you can then add barrel extensions if you want to lengthen it more, or just buy the right size...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews