Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Proud new member of the ASC community

:

General

Old January 2nd, 2021, 10:33   #1
Thegreyman

Proud new member of the ASC community

Just want to say hi to everyone. Looking forward to gaining knowledge about all things airsoft and to contribute back as much as I can with the limited knowledge I have thus far.
Thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:10   #2
venture

Welcome to airsoft. I understand there are plenty of resources in Edmonton. You should be well taken care of.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2021, 11:12   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Welcome aboard! This forum, like all forums, has slowed down, but you will still get great answers to technical questions, or any questions really, with a little patience. It might take a few days before you get answers sometimes, but you will get a good answer eventually.

But first pro-tip, upgraditis is a disease, there's really not a lot that you need to upgrade on Airsoft guns nowadays to make them perform great. Even the low end Chinese crap has gotten pretty decent lately. Nowadays its the expensive guns that tend to be absolute crap for the price, like Krytac and Arcturus.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2021, 16:06   #4
Thegreyman

Thanks venture and Drakker appreciate the warm welcome.
Thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2021, 11:30   #5
RyanPro

Welcome to forum
RyanPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2021, 11:38   #6
TK-604

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post

But first pro-tip, upgraditis is a disease, there's really not a lot that you need to upgrade on Airsoft guns nowadays to make them perform great. Even the low end Chinese crap has gotten pretty decent lately. Nowadays its the expensive guns that tend to be absolute crap for the price, like Krytac and Arcturus.
Interesting... What is it thats not great about Krytac? I played airsoft like 10+ years ago, bought my first AEG about 18 years ago. Theres no local fields near me, but was looking to pick up a pistol and rifle for some basic training exercises at home "Shoot tactical real steel, but getting too expensive". I've been seriously looking at Krytac. Is it more that they are show pieces with decent performance but not worth the price or don't stand up to the abuse of field games?
Old February 8th, 2021, 13:51   #7
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

The last option. They just don't last or perform all that well. If they were half the price they would be excellent, but at that price you are better off looking elsewhere. If you want purely a show piece you can't beat VFC's externals, they are also grossly overpriced guns considering how bad the internals have gotten lately, but at least they can claim to be the very best at something.

It's easy to know how good internals are... Ask people at your field what brand of guns they have and if they are running them stock. For example, a lot of LCT owner run their guns stock (or added a mosfet like I did), so you know right away that the internals are durable. Ask VFC owners and most people will have replaced parts or did a "full upgrade" because the gun was not performing up to their expectations and they have been badly couseled at upgrade time (face it, when you are a new player, you want the best gun, so upgrading sounds like the way to go... It takes years to finally realize you upgrades are not doing much and you are much better off upgrading the player than the gun).

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2021, 22:06   #8
Zfurlong

use it till it breaks as the saying goes. i have a vfc mp5 and a vfc hk 417. the mp5, i have swapped the hop rubber and nub in from stock mound style to v-type rubber, gearbox internals are stock, waiting on inner barrel to arrive (i am getting the stock tri-lug flash hider cut and re-threaded to get rid of the tri-lug section so i can put my flash hider that has a qd stubby suppressor with it, my 417 is currently stock, but i am putting hpa into it (already have a few hpa guns and just prefer that over an electric gb is all it really is) wanting to get my hands on an lct so that i can turn that into a daytona gun.
Old February 9th, 2021, 15:01   #9
keegant
Administrator

Welcome friend!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General