Laylax Prometheus Gearbox question

I?m looking to upgrade my gearbox I?m fairly new to upgrades as well
I was wondering what upgraded parts I should invest in to put in this gearbox
If anyone could help with some info that would
Be great. Thanks
Hookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2020, 05:02   #2
Zfurlong

first and foremost you will need to set a budget as prices can widely vary. as for upgrades, start with your hop up. after your hop, you will then need to look at airseal.

most expensive:
shs or siege speed gears, torque motor, silver wiring deans connectors, metal tooth piston, full cylinder, sector gear delayer chip (allows just that much more time for feeding and helps prevent blank firing and double feeding), the appropriate spring (usual go to is an m100-m120 depending on brand), correct the aoe on the piston, double oring piston head, double oring cylinder head, double oring nosle (sorry a certain key on my keyboard is busted).

have a proper tech put it all together and have them shim the gearbox properly while they are at it. and if its not already done, have the tech install a mosfet as well. this all can run you upwards of a grand or more in cost, but as mentioned above, start with the hop as this will be your most noticable performance increase. (i have a stock echo1 ak with nothing done to it other than an rhop promy, gun is 12 years old, all stock parts save the hop, never taken apart, never cleaned. shoots 247 on .3 it out ranges anything ive put it up against, with tighter groupings than anything ive put it up against. and yes ive put it up against upgraded polarstars as well). i run it on 7.4 lipos and while trigger response could be better, she performs beautifully as she is.

any further questions, feel free to pm me
Old December 31st, 2020, 18:26   #3
Hookz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfurlong View Post
first and foremost you will need to set a budget as prices can widely vary. as for upgrades, start with your hop up. after your hop, you will then need to look at airseal.

most expensive:
shs or siege speed gears, torque motor, silver wiring deans connectors, metal tooth piston, full cylinder, sector gear delayer chip (allows just that much more time for feeding and helps prevent blank firing and double feeding), the appropriate spring (usual go to is an m100-m120 depending on brand), correct the aoe on the piston, double oring piston head, double oring cylinder head, double oring nosle (sorry a certain key on my keyboard is busted).

have a proper tech put it all together and have them shim the gearbox properly while they are at it. and if its not already done, have the tech install a mosfet as well. this all can run you upwards of a grand or more in cost, but as mentioned above, start with the hop as this will be your most noticable performance increase. (i have a stock echo1 ak with nothing done to it other than an rhop promy, gun is 12 years old, all stock parts save the hop, never taken apart, never cleaned. shoots 247 on .3 it out ranges anything ive put it up against, with tighter groupings than anything ive put it up against. and yes ive put it up against upgraded polarstars as well). i run it on 7.4 lipos and while trigger response could be better, she performs beautifully as she is.

any further questions, feel free to pm me

So far this is what I?ve got not yet set up still
Waiting on it to come

Gearbox : Laylax Prometheus Ver2 8mm ( no gears or piston just the shell)
MOSFET : JeffTron Leviathan Airsoft Drop-In Programmable
Hop up : ace 1 arms / ace hop m4 gen 2
Inner barrel : Prometheus 6.03 EG Tight Bore
Trigger : JeffTron CNC Speed Trigger for M4 / M16 Series AEGs (Model: Edge / Red) in

So I don?t mind spending some money.
I know I gotta get a new Motor and gearbox innards just looking for somthing that will give me a fast rate of fire
Hookz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications