Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

vp9 help!

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 24th, 2020, 17:18   #1
blazzer73553

vp9 help!

i bought this vp9 from divisionxp.

since it showed up its has bot been able to make it through a mag without dumping all the green gas.

i was told it "needs to break in" but that makes no sense to me.

i understand that umarex has a a reputation for "freezing" but i have an fnx and fns9 that work fine. this vp9 does not.( given the fns and fnx all had to be replaced as well)

here is a video. mag was loaded with green gas and a full mag of .20 bb's.
mag was warm, vp9 was warm. no matter fire rate it does this.

what is going on??

( my apologies for poor(er) quality, work phone)

https://imgur.com/JVKX701

Last edited by blazzer73553; February 24th, 2020 at 17:59..
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2020, 20:26   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Try a different mag? Could be that or perhaps something with your nozzle is broken. Take it apart and check the nozzle for a crack?
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2020, 20:55   #3
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Try a different mag? Could be that or perhaps something with your nozzle is broken. Take it apart and check the nozzle for a crack?
took a look at it, it looks good. the gun is brand new. tried 2 different mags as well. same result.

everything visually looks good on the gun tbh. i keep wondering if maybe something from factory is out of tolerance?
Old February 24th, 2020, 23:27   #4
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzer73553 View Post
i bought this vp9 from divisionxp.

since it showed up its has bot been able to make it through a mag without dumping all the green gas.

i was told it "needs to break in" but that makes no sense to me.

i understand that umarex has a a reputation for "freezing" but i have an fnx and fns9 that work fine. this vp9 does not.( given the fns and fnx all had to be replaced as well)

here is a video. mag was loaded with green gas and a full mag of .20 bb's.
mag was warm, vp9 was warm. no matter fire rate it does this.

what is going on??

( my apologies for poor(er) quality, work phone)

https://imgur.com/JVKX701
It's weird that all the gas is being vented forward but not backwards. That's the first time i've seen a gbbp do something like that.

Usually the gun vents the gas towards the back of the gun; near your hand etc, because it's venting all the gas to push the nozzle which moves the slide.

If the piston head is stuck in the nozzle it will prevent the slide from cycling like what you're seeing. You'll need to remove the slide and take out the recoil spring guide. Check that the nozzle moves freely otherwise if it is too stiff or gets caught, you will need to replace the piston head or lubricate it depending on its condition.

It's either that or the recoil spring is too strong because that is way too much gas being vented from the barrel.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2020, 18:02   #5
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
It's weird that all the gas is being vented forward but not backwards. That's the first time i've seen a gbbp do something like that.

Usually the gun vents the gas towards the back of the gun; near your hand etc, because it's venting all the gas to push the nozzle which moves the slide.

If the piston head is stuck in the nozzle it will prevent the slide from cycling like what you're seeing. You'll need to remove the slide and take out the recoil spring guide. Check that the nozzle moves freely otherwise if it is too stiff or gets caught, you will need to replace the piston head or lubricate it depending on its condition.

It's either that or the recoil spring is too strong because that is way too much gas being vented from the barrel.
yea i thought that was weird too, wekk rather then mess around with it, dvxp is shipping it back to them for me to take a look. ill report back
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner