Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

REVIEW: AN/PRC-148 MBITR, working replica by United-Star

:

Reviews

Old January 31st, 2011, 15:08   #121
Ernesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex3_57 View Post
What are the differences betwee the first and the second batch of the radio?
how to determine the version of the wiring socket U in my radio?

first or the second batch?
Ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:19   #122
Mysuperior

First version doesnt work, and second does..
Mysuperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 13:08   #123
Pollux77

I heard that version 2 can be identified by the "CCI"-Sticker between the antenna and the U-Port, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, I got a question programming the thing: I have a Prolific usb/serial-adapter running on my PC, these are known for good compatibility. It is set to COM2 with 9600 BPS, 8 Data Bits, no parity and 1 stop-bit with no flow control ( --> default).
When I try to read data from the radio the software starts the handshake and aborts with "data fail", no matter when I turn on the radio.
I stick to starting the software, then setting it to COM2, then turning on the radio. It shows FFFFFF, then the channel frequency. Then I click the "read"-icon and get the error...
If I pull the USB, the error is "Wrong communication port", so I figure the port mus be alright when plugged in. The same error occurs on my XP-Laptop and the Win7-PC.

Any ideas?

BTW: The updates software Conker linked before is absolutely the same version as the first, the only difference is that the .ini-file for Win7-Users is already patched.

Regards,

Pollux77

Last edited by Pollux77; February 1st, 2011 at 13:10..
Pollux77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 13:32   #124
Ernesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux77 View Post
I heard that version 2 can be identified by the "CCI"-Sticker between the antenna and the U-Port, but I might be wrong.

Anyways, I got a question programming the thing: I have a Prolific usb/serial-adapter running on my PC, these are known for good compatibility. It is set to COM2 with 9600 BPS, 8 Data Bits, no parity and 1 stop-bit with no flow control ( --> default).
When I try to read data from the radio the software starts the handshake and aborts with "data fail", no matter when I turn on the radio.
I stick to starting the software, then setting it to COM2, then turning on the radio. It shows FFFFFF, then the channel frequency. Then I click the "read"-icon and get the error...
If I pull the USB, the error is "Wrong communication port", so I figure the port mus be alright when plugged in. The same error occurs on my XP-Laptop and the Win7-PC.

Any ideas?

BTW: The updates software Conker linked before is absolutely the same version as the first, the only difference is that the .ini-file for Win7-Users is already patched.

Regards,

Pollux77
I also have Prolific usb/Com adepter and on Win7 (look dirvers on Google) is well done work. but you can minimize the program when it reads or writes to the radio .... then it will generate an error

However there is a correction of wiring U connector which he gave Conker
Letter ... Wire color ... Function
A ..........Blue............. Ground
B .......... Green ......... Headphone audio (single channel)
C .......... Yellow ........ PTT key
D .......... Red ............ Microphone audio
E .......... N/A ........... Speaker (Not wired)
F .......... N/A ............. Power, Positive (Not wired)

My version of the headset
The original Bowman and military connector U-182 \ U, element PTT ....
Everything works fine when connecting the internal speaker is turned off ...

Ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 13:46   #125
Pollux77

Hm, if nobody else has a good hint I might try to buy a COM-bracket for my mainboard, then I could use COM1, maybe that might help. But I'm open for any help with my USB-Dongle
Pollux77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:15   #126
Goonz

I'm going to ask my question again as my previous post is the last one on page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonz View Post
First of, excellent review! I've read this whole thread a couple of times, very informative.

I'm just double checking here, but EbairAirsoft (Ebaybanned) has the second version? I've mailed them, but got a reply that they don't know themself.
The money is burning in my pocket to buy one of these, just have to know that i'm buying the right one
Goonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:32   #127
Lucky131

Send a message via MSN to Lucky131 Send a message via Skype™ to Lucky131
I would stay away from ebaybanned. Go and order over rsov .... they have -12% atm and tnt express did cost me 25$ for shipping to austria/europe. With express it was cheaper shipped than Ebb and they have gen.2 for sure

But thats just my point if you ask me ....

And with the chinese new year celebrations it will get delayed anyways now untill 7th i think
Lucky131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:57   #128
Goonz

Thanks for the answer.

Only 2 problems. 1, it's not in stock at ROSV.
2, for some reason packages from ROSV always get opened by Belgian customs, even trough airmail.

As Belgium law prohibits radio's with detachable antennas, you can see this is no good
Old February 2nd, 2011, 14:14   #129
Lucky131

Ok sorry didn't look if it was in stock prior to posting.
But same here for austria.
Detachable antenna, programmable, output power, freq., ..... almost everything on this radio is illegal but i had never problems importing the 3 i ordere over the last half year..... but thats for austria
Old February 2nd, 2011, 14:57   #130
Goonz

Let's hope it goes as smooth over here

Any visual differences between 1st en 2nd gen? There i a guy from the netherlands who just recieved his radio from Ebair, but also has no idea if he has the 1st or the 2nd gen.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 15:04   #131
Lucky131

Yes, on gen.2 you have an CCI sticker between the antenna and u183 plug. Only other difference is the internal wiring if you disassemble it

But from what i know there was a limited run from only 100pcs. of the gen.1 untill they switched to gen.2 .... atleast thats what i have heard from a friend in HK who says he knows the guy's behind united star
Old February 2nd, 2011, 16:17   #132
spacebert

I'm from NL, I bought mine at Ebairsoft 3 weeks ago, and got the version 2.
I've had my H-4855 Bowman dual PTT rewired to work with the MBITR, and it works like a charm

spacebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 17:19   #133
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky131 View Post
Yes, on gen.2 you have an CCI sticker between the antenna and u183 plug. Only other difference is the internal wiring if you disassemble it
That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky131 View Post
But from what i know there was a limited run from only 100pcs. of the gen.1 untill they switched to gen.2 .... atleast thats what i have heard from a friend in HK who says he knows the guy's behind united star
That is also correct. The first 100 were a "trial run" mainly to check the interest and market response.

I'm making the final touches for the group order, I'll keep you updated! For those wondering, price is lower than EBairsoft, and shipping is free within Canada.

Last edited by Conker; February 2nd, 2011 at 17:37..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 17:36   #134
Goonz

Great, i'm ready to order after hearing the good news!

Thanks for the confirmation Spacebert and thanks again for the Liberator! ;-)

Last edited by Goonz; February 2nd, 2011 at 17:38..
Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:46   #135
manchew77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecioprogressive View Post
Made it!
It was a serial connection problem. You need to connect a direct pc serial port w/o adapter.
Again ...i can't program...it keep said " Wrong communication port "....even when i used the USB cable bought from tech store...so i guess i have to find the old laptop that i can go direct pc serial port ( will post pic if it is working ) getting very frustrated with this radio..
Can someone do the programming for me ..so i can send the radio to you and paid you some kind fees for this problem???
manchew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews