Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bill C-21 to prohibit airsoft guns in canada

:

General

Old February 23rd, 2021, 19:12   #91
dogtoy

I havent been active in over a decade but still collect , I just joined the CCFR , it is easy , its only 40 dollars , you can do it online , they seem like our best hope , if everyone joined it would really help fund their efforts , we all want to to rant about it & are frustrated with it , but the bottom line is that it is going to take a team of people that know what they are doing to fight this & that takes lawyers & money so I think its the best thing we can do right now
Old February 23rd, 2021, 20:00   #92
CF_Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtoy View Post
I havent been active in over a decade but still collect , I just joined the CCFR , it is easy , its only 40 dollars , you can do it online , they seem like our best hope , if everyone joined it would really help fund their efforts , we all want to to rant about it & are frustrated with it , but the bottom line is that it is going to take a team of people that know what they are doing to fight this & that takes lawyers & money so I think its the best thing we can do right now
Would love to have you by our side canvassing too!!
CF_Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2021, 23:43   #93

And than there is this... Report of police seizing airsoft Glock because two door knobs used it to threaten someone. https://www.facebook.com/waterlooreg...43509305691893
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 00:32   #94

More I think about it more I'm seeing how this is aimed at airsoft. These things can actually be used by people who are giving "pro airsoft" interviews. How come when about 1500 firearms got moved to a prohibited category owners were offered a buy back option, maybe not at full price but buy back was offered, or owners were told that if they choose not to surrender property they will be grandfathered in with 12.X (prohibited firearm licenses issued to them). Those sub categories of 12 license will not allow us to trade in any other firearms but ones we already own but it will allow us to keep what we have, even if ATT will be declined and we wont be able to take guns out to a range. We will still going to be able to keep them. Government went full ape shit with airsoft. Prohibited, everything gets seized if cop asks you about it. No license available even if one wants to get it in order to keep their stuff. It looks like they are going after airsoft while giving a slack to "assault rifles" as they call them.
Old February 24th, 2021, 10:19   #95
tvw

Agree^^

This bill simply s*it on airsoft and offers only what has been rumored to come for the last 2 years (handgun legislations).

Thing that just outright pisses people off is how this is just pushed under. There was zero mention of this at all on Tuesday and yet they leave it for the public to look into.

Silently strike the community while distracting us with other legislations.

This is a bigger message than any gun grab in my eyes.
tvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 12:00   #96
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvw View Post
Ya think? It's downright Draconian
Old February 24th, 2021, 15:17   #97
Polyshot

Good thing is that my MP did actually read my letters...a good start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210224-120738.jpg (607.4 KB, 33 views)
Polyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 15:28   #98
Kwokwai

Send a message via ICQ to Kwokwai Send a message via MSN to Kwokwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kwokwai
I'm not sure if I send a note to my MP if it'll make any headway. My MP is Navdeep Bains who's on his way out and a Liberal to boot. Thoughts?
Kwokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 15:31   #99
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwokwai View Post
I'm not sure if I send a note to my MP if it'll make any headway. My MP is Navdeep Bains who's on his way out and a Liberal to boot. Thoughts?
Send it anyway. My local MP is a liberal and I mailed him voicing my displeasure with the bill. They need to see the negative reactions as well.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 15:35   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvw View Post
Agree^^

This bill simply s*it on airsoft and offers only what has been rumored to come for the last 2 years (handgun legislations).

Thing that just outright pisses people off is how this is just pushed under. There was zero mention of this at all on Tuesday and yet they leave it for the public to look into.

Silently strike the community while distracting us with other legislations.

Oh, "handgun legislation" when it comes to municipal ban is crumbling. Libs are loosing a battle on that front. 4 provinces already said they will oppose. I can see BC and maybe one or two maritime provinces bending over but rest of the country will fight it. Too bad this airsoft ban thing is on a federal level. Speaking of federal vs provincial/municipal bans. This one is also very strange. Government has an ability to impose prohibition on all handguns in this country but chooses to hand over decision making power to mayors. At the same time government goes and bans every other airgun in this country. How does this shit work? Are they afraid of all the flak they might get for banning all handguns and decided to throw mayors under the bus? I don't get it.
Old February 24th, 2021, 16:32   #101
BobbyDangerous

think everyone is in panic mode. this is all a vote buy for the libs trying to push for an election to get a majority.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 18:05   #102
Matula
formerly sammer

Well the good news today:

NPD and Bloc Quebecois are against bill C-21 that targeting airsoft and paintball! I think we are still waiting for the Green party right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDangerous View Post
think everyone is in panic mode. this is all a vote buy for the libs trying to push for an election to get a majority.
Old February 24th, 2021, 18:24   #103
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

The green party apparently has a free vote, no party line policy on this.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 18:53   #104
CF_Seal

Hey all,

Thanks to the hard work by all of the ASIC stakeholders, there is now a House of Commons E-Petition, E-3201. This E-Petition is sponsored by Conservative Party M.P Terry Dowdall:

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-3201

I would like to remind everyone this E-Petition varies greatly from the Change.org petition floating around. It is directly sponsored by a Government M.P and thus will be read in the house of commons.

Once signed, you will receive an automated reply to your email requesting you verify your identity. It is of critical importance you follow this step, otherwise your e-signature will mean nothing. Therefore, keep an eye out after signing, and check those spam filters.

For example, mine was sent to spam. The email looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/cEsF6Pp

SHARE.

Last edited by CF_Seal; February 24th, 2021 at 19:38.. Reason: Additional information added
CF_Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 19:19   #105
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF_Seal View Post
Hey all,

Thanks to the hard work by all of the ASIC stakeholders, there is now a House of Commons E-Petition, E-3201. This E-Petition is sponsored by Conservative Party M.P Terry Dowdall:

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-3201

I would like to remind everyone this E-Petition varies greatly from the Change.org petition floating around. It is directly sponsored by a Government M.P and thus will be read in the house of commons.

Once signed, you will receive an automated reply to your email requesting you verify your identity. It is of critical importance you follow this step, otherwise your e-signature will mean nothing. Therefore, keep an eye out after signing, and check those spam filters.

For example, mine was sent to spam. The email looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/cEsF6Pp

SHARE.
This petition should be on the forum landing page. Admins! Make it happen!!!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General