Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Dboys k98 shell ejecting springer

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 22nd, 2015, 00:02   #1
Zfurlong

Dboys k98 shell ejecting springer

Hey guys, I'm starting a project with a shell ejecting dboys k98 shell ejecting springer rifle. I'll post updates as I work on it, mind you I won't be able to work on it every day as I have a wife and child, as well as another on the way, but I will update when I can. Also any info/ tips/help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

The work I have done so far:

I have already taken out the two piece inner, which I will be replacing with a one piece inner.
I have looked at the hop unit, and I'm debating on using a longer screw rather than the short screw with spring and ball that it comes with. I have considered installing rhop in it, my issue is how I can get even pressure along the entire contact patch?
I'm currently looking for alternatives for the spring, the stock one shoots about 300fps on .2g bbs, aeg springs are only just too wide, have considered shaving the piston to accommodate an aeg spring, but I don't want to weaken the piston too much either. Any ideas for alternatives? I'm looking to get approx 430-450 fps on .2's
Old January 29th, 2015, 21:13   #2
duggan69

How is this going ???

Thinking of upgrading one too
duggan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 00:20   #3
Zfurlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggan69 View Post
How is this going ???

Thinking of upgrading one too
Still waiting on a new inner to arrive, going with a 6.05 diameter, still experimenting with different drill bits on a junk barrel to get the hop hole without too much damage to the rest of the inner barrel. And have made some calls about having a custom spring made at a machining shop locally. Have also pondered custom shells with a tighter hole going through the shell for a higher pressure on the bb for a higher velocity as well. Currently having someone in Ontario make a few custom shells for me to test.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner