Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The worst Airsofter Ive ever Met

:

General

Old May 19th, 2009, 00:48   #1
burningashes
cumpulsive masturbator

The worst Airsofter Ive ever Met

The guy who runs (and owns i believe) the Laser Trek in Calgary. (The big really fat dude, more like a chairsofter now i guess)

[Start Rant]
OMGoodness!! That guy is a complete asshole. He sells all black airsoft guns at ridiculous prices that even people at this forum would laugh at. And he misleads people regarding airsoft. I was just there today to play and i noticed some guns on the wall. So i go up have a look. I asked about some prices and they were ridiculous. He was selling a L96 (stock) for $600!! Thats $300 more than its actual value here in Canada. The i asked about a Tec9 and he gave me a price that was $650 more than its actual value in Canada!! Absolutely ridiculous. Then i asked about a Marushin Uzi and he said it was $900. I just couldnt believe my ears.
Then a guy comes up and starts asking for info about airsoft cuz hes new. The guy feeds him bullshit that its a dying sport and people are getting arrested and cops are going around to peoples houses and confiscating guns etc. I walked upto the guy and said goto airsoft canada, talk to gish and get age verified. The store owner interjects and says "Chances of getting verified on Airsoft Canada now, very low. Chances of getting verified in 2010, Zero". What a Liar!! I couldnt believe it!!!Like he doesnt want people to join the airsoft community. The poor guy was shocked when i told him about what was really going on.
That reminded me of the first time when i went there when i was a newbie. The guy who was working there there fed me bullshit about airsoft but luckily i joined this website as a last resort cuz i randomly found it and lo behold!! I was surprised by how much alive the sport was and how much guns were in circulation and how friendly the community was!!
Anyone who dealt with these guys, tell me your experiences (especially if you were new to the sport) with Laser Trek. Seems like these guys have a twisted agenda of their own.
[End Rant]

Word of advice, Dont deal with them. They dont deserve it.

Sorry for the rant but this had to be said. I just couldnt be quiet and let them do this to other people.

Last edited by burningashes; July 8th, 2009 at 01:06..
burningashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:14   #2
skalnok

ive gotta say, he doesnt deserve the title of charisofter and that he sounds like a complete douche if that is what he is telling new people.
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:50   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Wow, I'm amazed that guy could talk to you, seeing as how far his head is up his ass.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:11   #4
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
I'm not sure what to make about the ASC and AV comments. About the guns on the wall, he's got a business to run and he's trying to make money. It wasn't that long ago that those were the prices you had to pay for those kinds of guns. Remember when an ICS M4 was $800 new? A new TM was $500 from a retailer. I'm glad prices have somewhat gone down in Canada.

I've been to Trek many times and aside from the terrible lighting (understandable as it's a laser tag arena but it'd be nice to get some other lights in there), my experience with the people has been good. I certainly hope they are not misleading new players because I'd like to see the airsoft scene grow (especially here in Calgary).

Last edited by dpvu; May 19th, 2009 at 03:14..
dpvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:24   #5
SoLjAa

Sounds like a guy on here trying to sell 20+ year old army gear.. 82 pattern web gear for $200. We get the full set plus extra pouches for $30.00.. Go figure.
SoLjAa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:25   #6
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
Either he is doing so horribly in deep shit that he's trying to bail himself out by marking up things like that, or he's just that ignorant...
Or you could be right in that he's just a complete prick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:07   #7
skalnok

Quote:
Remember when an ICS M4 was $800 new
im pretty sure that ive never seen them that high lol, but i do remember prices being high.
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:25   #8
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
im pretty sure that ive never seen them that high lol, but i do remember prices being high.
Wait awhile - the 'Airsoft Economy' will turn again and you'll be able to experience it again.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:33   #9
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvu View Post
Remember when an ICS M4 was $800 new? A new TM was $500 from a retailer. I'm glad prices have somewhat gone down in Canada.
True enough, but let's not forget how incredibly difficult it is to find non-chinasoft guns as retail items these days.
Old May 19th, 2009, 13:15   #10
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpvu View Post
A new TM was $500 from a retailer. I'm glad prices have somewhat gone down in Canada.
O.o TMs still run for that or more....
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 13:17   #11
dragwindsor

Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
True enough, but let's not forget how incredibly difficult it is to find non-chinasoft guns as retail items these days.
Really.......?

dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 13:23   #12
MillerBRo

ehh it sounds like guys who have shifted business focus and are trying to convince themself they are right by telling others that airsoft is dying. One of our local sporting stores here in town used to carry a decent little airsoft supply of Krakens and several fairly decent pistols. Then when things got a little tougher to import they dumped airsoft and now stock camo lingerie in that location. They said that airsoft was on the outs as well but in that following year we had over 10 local players buying Krakens and similar starter guns. Our fields average attendance has doubled and the local scene is hotter than ever for players.

So the guys at the sports store better be selling lots of crotchless camo panties for it to be paying off better than airsoft...
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 13:29   #13
Dire_Wolf

He's "lost" our booking more times than I can count, and on more than one occasion, the "$20/night" till 11 turns into "whenever he wants to leave" which is, more often than not, 10 ish. Then it turned into "$20/hr" at which point we stopped going.

His prices are also ridiculous for the guns... accessories are about par for retail, $70 for hicaps, $50 for low and gas mags... and he's a big advocate of the mesh masks...

rentals are usually a joke, too, the charger he has for the batteries is killing them slowly (or maybe quickly, who knows?)... only problem is that's the only indoor location in calgary. can you say monopoly?

Future Gear: TM PSG1, M700, ARES DSR-1 v2
Dire_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 13:34   #14
MillerBRo

ouch- mesh masks in CQB is rough. We allow them at our field as it is outdoors CQB but we dont recommend them as the metal distorts and fatigues over time with every hit until it is possible for a BB to pop right through. We actually have a mesh visor showing how the metal twists on display in our loading area (it is right where our sunglasses with the 6mm hole in the lens used to sit lol)

Last edited by MillerBRo; May 19th, 2009 at 13:48..
MillerBRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 13:35   #15
Jayhad

No surprise, Larry is morbidly fat.. he isn't an airsofter and he is a roach looking to grease every dollar he can find. He generally sells to underagers as he wants to continue to have a place that under agers can play. Most of the experienced player base in Calgary doesn't frequent Laser Trek (LT) in the season. Some will play during the winter to keep sharp. But LT pretty much is the place that kids go to play, kids see the guns there and pay those prices because they have no other place to find guns. I have sold 2 guns on the walls of LT as I know Larry will score me a good price for the gun. And yes if you had more time into the game you would know that one time many people paid these prices for these guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General