Anybody got info on Canadian Tac Vest ?

:

Canadian

Old March 28th, 2006, 20:46   #16
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy
The issue Cadpat gloves turn my hands green when wet.

The GoreTex jacket leaks.
I haven't had any color changing problems with the gloves, then again, I don't let the fill up with water.
As for the jacket, maybe reproofing is in order.

Remember, you need to take care of your kit for it to work properly.
Old March 28th, 2006, 21:03   #17
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
I'm just curious, aren't they now issueing an insert for the C9 mag pouch that will hold 5 or so C7 mags?

Also for the canteen pouch, have you treid turniing it sideways? From what i've seen it helps.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 21:14   #18
Disposable Hero

its still a little tough to get the canteen back in but it makes a big difference really the only problem i have is getting into the C9 pouch and there could be room for more mags also i can see how the buckles might be a problem too.
Disposable Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 21:31   #19
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Most leather will blead dye somewhat. That said i wore my gloves in a rainstorm and my hands didnt turn green one bit. Now the old black ones my hands turned purple in the first hour of rain.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 23:39   #20
Johnny Rotten

I never bothered to use the standard 1 qt canteen pouches on my vest, I always carry the two large utility pouches on my vest. I keep one of them mounted sideways for my 2 qt canteen with an NBC top. Getting the canteen in and out with the pouch turned sideways can be really akward, I got a friend to help me last time. If they sized the pouch just slightly larger it would have helped, as I can always tighten the pouch down with the adjustable buckle. I like the modified tac vest that dropzone has on their webpage. Something like that would be nice to have. Anybody have experience with that particular vest??
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 01:25   #21
chinese_gunman

tac vest

i've had it with canteens...no more canteens. even wearing the old webbing, its difficult to put it back so to solve the problem...i just bought a camelback...its a lot easier...u can drink on the move...if ur wearing bodyarmour too...nothing is easier than a good old hydration bag. As for the TV itself i love it better than the webbing but its hard to get the mags out and 4 mags just isn't enough... i just use the c9 pouch for extra mags...works fine but if u don't fill them to its max...they make too much noise.

the boots suck on ice but awesome in the mud
chinese_gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 06:52   #22
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Quote:

I haven't had any color changing problems with the gloves, then again, I don't let the fill up with water.

you have no clue how goretex works do you?
little known fact about goretex; will it may be one of the cat's meow for issuing out to troops there just one problem with it. when it gets dirty, the materials will actually break down and start loosing it's capabilities. so no matter how much you reproof it; it's just going to fade away and break down even more until it's just another POS jacket.
and that new cocking handle on the c7a2? it's a piece of shit, even with motor skills it's extremely difficult to cock the weapon with that damn thing.
Greg
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2006, 12:38   #23
Farmboy

Quote:
I like the modified tac vest that dropzone has on their webpage. Something like that would be nice to have. Anybody have experience with that particular vest??
Let me know if you'd like to check it out, I have one in stock.

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 13:19   #24
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch
Quote:

CF members expect their kit to take quite a fair amount of abuse; which is to say more so then an afternoon of airsoft. I don't think anyone with the issued gloves purposefully allows them to be filled with water, but it happens regardless. Even the small packs (I've found) have a colour fast problem when put on wet snow. Scotch Guard only does so much for rain, but when you're getting soaked in a swamp, you're getting soaked in a swamp.
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 14:07   #25
BawBag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point_Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch
Quote:

CF members expect their kit to take quite a fair amount of abuse; which is to say more so then an afternoon of airsoft. I don't think anyone with the issued gloves purposefully allows them to be filled with water, but it happens regardless. Even the small packs (I've found) have a colour fast problem when put on wet snow. Scotch Guard only does so much for rain, but when you're getting soaked in a swamp, you're getting soaked in a swamp.
Point Man is right. Leerch, come on your a keen cadet, your weekend ex's are pretty laid back. My last DP1 reg force course I went through 3 gortext jackets and 4pairs of MK3 boots. I took care of them too. Doesnt matter how many coats of polish you put on your boots, cement over powers, same with dirt on the gortext jackets.
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 00:51   #26
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

You know, its funny. I understand that most troops using the TV that will complain about them are infantry soldiers, being that they are required to carry more crap than anyone else on an average day. That being said, coming from an Armd Recce soldier, this thing is a GODSEND. With the CF standard of keeping the buttpack on the '82 pattern webbing, every time we ever entered/exited an Iltis we had to either dawn or remove the webbing. The TV provides the ability to constantly have your ammunition/required supplies on your person. I can't tell you how many times I've cursed the webbing because I got jammed under piles of gear behind my seat.

Of course, now that I'm releasing, I can't really care about it that much. I've got my TV, I've got an LBV, plus I've still got my webbing. I can have my pick of whatever I want!! Of the three though, DEFINITELY the LBV simply because I can haul more crap with it. Oh yeah, and 2L canteens. Props to the Camelback concept though.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 14:46   #27
BawBag

Thats nice, really good for you. Sure the TV is useful to you ... Arty guys, drivers, armd recce and what not.. But to INFANTRY who actually need a tacvest the most for you know.. MAGS, water? Our TV could just easily be better.
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian