Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tokyo Marui - Glock G18C - Reviews?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 15th, 2010, 14:06   #1
Old School Punk

Tokyo Marui - Glock G18C - Reviews?

Hey Guys; I was just curious if anyone here has got one of the recently released TM - Glock G18C - GBB Pistols yet? If so, what do you think of it?

Also does anyone know if the threaded outer barrel that Guarder makes for attaching a mock silencer onto the TM - G17 - GBB Pistol, would also work on the G18C?

I am curious because I really want to get one of these TM pistols to replace the KSC one that I sold, and I want to make sure that I can "pimp" it out if I get one.

Thanks for reading my post

Gord
Old September 15th, 2010, 15:12   #2
kolumbo69

arniesairsoft has a review as well longterm reliability
kolumbo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 15:58   #3
cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolumbo69 View Post
arniesairsoft has a review as well longterm reliability
It would be nice to have a link to it because I wasn't able to find it on the website or Google.
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 16:39   #4
Old School Punk

Me Too?
Does anyone else have trouble navigating Arnies site?
I can never seem to find anything that I am looking for on there.

Maybe its just me.

Please post a link to this review if you can.

Thanks

Gord
Old September 15th, 2010, 18:33   #5
RacingManiac

Its awesome, get it....

Outer barrel "should" work, but the same issue applies with the whole fitting deal, slide+barrel combo will greatly affect how well it'll work...

Issues: The gun shooting Green as with most TM glock, will stress the frame quite a bit, the plastic screw post will likely break. The same problem will likely happen with stock frame OR the Guarder frame....

Hammer spring might be weak for green gas in warmer weather. I've had light strike problem with room temp around 76-78 deg F.

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 22:21   #6
Gregb9461

Tokyo Marui G18c needs repair

I just received this gun a few weeks ago from what I have been reading it should out last most other soft air pistols. I have been having fun upgrading it. Strong hammer & recoil springs metal slid kit new piston valve. But can not for the life of me find a new hop up unit for the TM G18c. This is driving me crazy:???: The 1st thing to go on this pistol running it on propane stock was the ABS slide. The slide look stopped working from 2000 rounds aluminum slide fixed this problem. Nearly 5000 rounds latter the hop up unit cracked. the slide became stiff to rack but the gun keep firing. So I decided to field strip it because after shaking the gun It sounded like a broken BB stuck on the inside. Gun would not open then after fighting with it for 10 minuets or so it gave in. A small peace of what looks like pot metal broke off the hop up unit. The peace that hooks the barrel down to the gun frame. The part number for the peace that cracked is 18C-27 I would much rather have a after market hop up unit made of some thing stronger. This is one part that needs to be upgraded for this type of gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hop up TMG18c.JPG (38.2 KB, 91 views)
Gregb9461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 23:12   #7
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregb9461 View Post
I just received this gun a few weeks ago from what I have been reading it should out last most other soft air pistols. I have been having fun upgrading it. Strong hammer & recoil springs metal slid kit new piston valve. But can not for the life of me find a new hop up unit for the TM G18c. This is driving me crazy:???: The 1st thing to go on this pistol running it on propane stock was the ABS slide. The slide look stopped working from 2000 rounds aluminum slide fixed this problem. Nearly 5000 rounds latter the hop up unit cracked. the slide became stiff to rack but the gun keep firing. So I decided to field strip it because after shaking the gun It sounded like a broken BB stuck on the inside. Gun would not open then after fighting with it for 10 minuets or so it gave in. A small peace of what looks like pot metal broke off the hop up unit. The peace that hooks the barrel down to the gun frame. The part number for the peace that cracked is 18C-27 I would much rather have a after market hop up unit made of some thing stronger. This is one part that needs to be upgraded for this type of gun.
Its a pistol. There are no such things as aftermarket hop up units. Check Tokyo Model for a replacement hop up unit (hint, use advanced search and search for Pistol Parts/Tokyo Marui).

Maybe I haven't been around long enough, but I've never seen or heard of hop up units destroying themselves like that, TBH. What the heck did you do to yours?
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 23:17   #8
Gregb9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Its a pistol. There are no such things as aftermarket hop up units. Check Tokyo Model for a replacement hop up unit (hint, use advanced search and search for Pistol Parts/Tokyo Marui).

Maybe I haven't been around long enough, but I've never seen or heard of hop up units destroying themselves like that, TBH. What the heck did you do to yours?
It is the peace that hooks on the frame of the gun I think with each blow back there is some stress on this part. I fired alot of rounds.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 23:43   #9
RacingManiac

Do you run any kind of buffer on the recoil guide? And do you only use full auto?

This gun probably stresses the part more than the Glock 17 which shares lots of the design. Its not going to be that durable even running with metal kits with green gas.....Buffer should help absorbing some impact, but it probably won't help stopping some weak parts to start breaking...

Hop-up right now has no aftermarket part, so you are pretty much stuck to track down a stock part. As mentioned, Tokyo Models seem to stock a lot of stock parts, might be best to look there first...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old November 22nd, 2010, 23:48   #10
cooney

What is the safest best buffer tube then? Sorry I still feel a little new to GBBs.

I was looking at this one, but I'm not sure. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball...-g18c-gbb.html
Old November 22nd, 2010, 23:59   #11
RacingManiac

I HATE 9Ball parts. Hate them, with a passion....pretty much every single 9Ball parts I've had broke. So I avoid them(except their hopup rubber, and now their plastic BBU for Hi-Capa, but I haven't put enough round through it yet, I am sure it'll break next time I shoot CAPS, in the middle of the COF) At any rate, Instead of that, I'd use something like this:

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=16000

Again, 2 piece guide rod, and then you can machine your own buffer out of some kind of durable plastic. Thats my plan anyway....

Things about 9Ball is that they are still a Japan brand, their parts are still made with duster in mind...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old November 23rd, 2010, 00:04   #12
Gregb9461

Recoil buffer

Yes I made one for it out of soft vinyl. The 150% recoil rod & spring set I got did keep unscrewing a little cause the recoil rod to stick out of the slide. This may have caused it to break. Always my luck:roll: I checked out that Tokyo-model website & they do not have a part. The part I am looking for if I have to buy the whole unit is a Tokyo Marui G17 or G18c Hop Up Chamber. I seen some one on this forum that could buy Tokyo Marui direct but can not remember his name. You can see behind the recoil buffer the peace that is broke. The gun will still fire this way but cant be good for it so I wont shoot it till this is replaced. It is wearing the black of the aluminum barrel cover & the slide is stiff. Also the take down switches become very difficult to use so bad in fact all my nails are wornen down to the nub's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00088.JPG (150.2 KB, 38 views)
Old November 23rd, 2010, 00:07   #13
cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Again, 2 piece guide rod, and then you can machine your own buffer out of some kind of durable plastic. Thats my plan anyway....
Wanna make me one hehe.

I guess I'll just be careful with G18c and do single shot and auto in bursts if I really have too
Old November 23rd, 2010, 00:15   #14
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Wanna make me one hehe.

I guess I'll just be careful with G18c and do single shot and auto in bursts if I really have too
I wish it wouldn't be prone to breakage so easily, even with metal upgrades.
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 00:20   #15
Gregb9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee View Post
I wish it wouldn't be prone to breakage so easily, even with metal upgrades.
I know thats why I got it in the 1st place. I was tired of softair guns for the longest time because they all break so easy. I spent over $300 on this gun & it breaks 3 weeks later. I even felt ok when it broke like Tokyo Marui is a good company replacement parts should be easy to find. Yea this one does not seem so easy to find. But thats why I came here I am sure some one knows what to do
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion