Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Camo challenge.

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 17th, 2010, 23:13   #16
Lord of Rebirth

Alright I'm back to annoy you guys again. I am working on putting together some flecktarn gear but I have been finding a lot of flecktarn gear vests that either are just crap or don't have enough explanation about them. I'm not totally in need of significant modularity but my idea would probably be something like a basic Molle vest in flecktarn with expandability in the form of being able to add molle panels and a molle belt so I can use what seems to be a generous selection of flecktarn molle pouches to kit myself out any way I need.

What I'm not wondering is how would something like an OD green vest look when covered in few to many many pouches. I'd kinda like to be able to run a "light" kit while still being very flecktarn. I'm also wondering how well woodland (Non-digital) would look with either flecktarn or CADPAT. I don't wanna do a woodland kit but I have seen a lot of different styles of woodland camoed vests and gear harnesses for pretty cheap.
Lord of Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 19:31   #17
Rixf3200

I tend to use OD vest with woodland cam for woods... I wear CADPAT everyday so i'm not a fan most days. Winter, indoor or outdoor urban, I tend to use ACU.

Some people aren't a fan but I got most of my bdu and tac gear from Ehobbyasia.com and KHmountain.com. They seem to treat me well, and the price works.

Rixf3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 14:01   #18
BobbyDangerous

i play socom confrontation and this is a good way to get an idea of camo blending right down to the straps... In the game i tend to have a black top with just camo pants and desert boots (Commando Medium) also knee pads. But my top is light just tactical straps no elbow pads or snothing (Commando Light). urban is usally a green camo bottom which is why i wasnt CADPAT pants. Desert style i use a brown but i have All terrain MARPAT for that and forrest i have MARPAT woodlands.. Straps are all black. I have rags to cover my face with the appropriate corrisponding camo on the legs. Touque hat (Black) and Tactical Goggles.. This is my thing though i think all black would work. Pretty much MARPAT woodlands would work everywhere.. I'll post pics soon..

Last edited by BobbyDangerous; March 4th, 2010 at 14:11..
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 14:07   #19
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Get yourself a good pair of OD pants..

then buy a few different tops, DPM Smock, Flectarn Smock, Even a MC smock,

Then you have several versatile loadouts ... all based on the same pants
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 14:14   #20
BobbyDangerous

Lot's of people like the German Flecktarn patterns..
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 20:29   #21
nidan

Our Brooks group is a mix of Flectarn and Woodland. Trees and Old barnboard buildings is our backdrop.
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 17:00   #22
EpicWindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Some folks do advocate mixing tops and bottoms since it means instead of one big same blob you have two smaller different blobs. A big part of this is trying to hide your shape.

If you're in trees with snow on the ground you can wear white pants and a green top. If you are somewhere arid you can mix a couple of the popular desert patterns.

If you were in a very green area with some leafy trees and light shining through them onto the forest floor maybe a set of CADPAT pants and Fleck top would work for you.

You'll have to spend some time where you are and be ready for raised eyebrows at the miss-match. If no one ever sees you as you knock them out of the game though it'll pay off.
Hey danke, where are you located?
EpicWindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 01:10   #23
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicWindz View Post
Hey danke, where are you located?
He seems to be at Salmon Arm, BC. YOu can check this on his profile.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2013, 12:09   #24
Basic-Wedge

I always thought the British Army rocked a solid look when they wore OD pants with a DPM smock. The Canadian Airborne Regiment was similar with OD pants and their unique "DPM" inspired pattern.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion