Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Are you under 18 years old? - Discussion Thread

:

General

Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2006, 19:04   #1
Droc
lol, I was part way through writing a similar thread myself this morning, but it had to many curse words so I decided against it.

The only minors who should have guns are the ones who have earned the respect of players and buy there guns through verified players.

Im gonna add in some words I put in another thread:
some kid managed to totally side-step the age registration system that our community has made. Either that or one of our retailers has gone for money over responsibility...again.
Really, its just plain disrespectful. Someone ignored the rules of the community, then comes to the community for help...HA! "Screw your rules...but help me decide on accessories and upgrades."
Even worse is that someone sells minors a gun. Either that, or his mommy and daddy helped him buy it. Shame on the retailer. BLACKLIST I SAY!

Its a problem because its clear there is holes in the system. ASC has been around for along time, with members from all over, and its not like the community came up with the age verification process overnight. It is without question, in the best intrest of airsoft in canada and everyone who participates in it. Its a goddam slap in the face everytime a noobie comes here and asks about stuff for their new gun. WTF, how the hell did you get a gun? And its rarley parents doing the buying, most of the time, its a kid, sometimes as young as 15, even 12, who has bought a gun from a retailer or someone else. Its a conflict of intrest that doesnt seem to be taken seriously enough.

Im not against minors, I know minors(very few) who have proven to be responsible, and who have earned the trust of verified members and does the buying through them.

IMHO, if you dont want to fallow the rules of this community, walk your ass off this community site and ask your airsoft related questions somewhere else. Dont piss on the hand that feeds you...and then want help, or want to buy from them, or want to participate in their big games.

Old May 9th, 2006, 19:13   #2
willy

Send a message via MSN to willy
Good point greylock's

droc - Alot of mommy's and daddy's dont see the "harm" in purchasing their child one of these replica's, they set rules, and expect the child to obey them. Little do they know that the gun is out every night, being shot in backyards and in residential forest, i think we need a warning to parents, aswell we need to iron out some of the kink's in the givin age verification system

I'll get some chairs in a circle, put on some coffee, and register the support group; I'll need to get a head start on this epidemic.
Old May 9th, 2006, 19:18   #3
Droc
the only real kink in the system is sellers.
my only beef is when a minor comes here, wants a gun, gets told no, but goes out and gets one anyways, then they expect help and want to come to games. you wanna bypass our rules, you shouldnt get table scraps from us, even if you turn 18.

if a kid wants airsoft and gets his parents to buy him one fine, but if the kid came here 1st, learned our rules, then goes to their parents anyways...thats the problem.

Old May 9th, 2006, 19:41   #4
Greylocks

My major problem is ignorant parents; the kids whine and whine until they get the toy, the parent knows nothing or does not care, shit happens.
All of us can only control one thing; what we do personally to stop the problem. Then we can only hope that the folks on these forums are as honest, same for the retailers.

I tend to suspect that some 18+ person gets offered cash to buy a gun for a younger person, or does not care who they sell to. Retailers would have far more to lose from being dishonest if they are found out.

Mind you, even retailers can get fooled.

I'm just so TIRED of seeing kids under 16 come here and expect us to break rules just for them. Kids! This one is for YOU! Where the HELL did you EARN the RIGHT to ask us to break laws for you?
Honestly and sadly for those under 18 who are decent, I still think this website should not even allow anyone under 18 anymore. Period.
The amount of shit it would stop would be enormous.
(Yes, there's no easy way to check ages, but you can always have the satisfaction of banning morons who try. It's not hard, they will eventually goof up and be spotted).

I hope the under-18 crowd is reading this, and YES to the idiot who asked if this applied in the US before deleting his post (Scyxor)! It DOES because I SAID SO! Geeezus.
Old May 9th, 2006, 19:52   #5
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Move the information section to the top of the list.

in the general section add a "information for new members and guests" section
I could never understand why this was not there.. it seems self evident to me that a web portal designed mostly as a source for new and existing members of the Canadian airsoft community would not de organized to cater to that market.. any given moment there are 800 members and thousands of guests looking at this site ...it sould be directed to the guests not the members.

This will not eliminate the issue of idiots ignoring the information and just posting.. nothing will. Until we find a cure for idiocy...
But it may stem the tide
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Old May 9th, 2006, 19:56   #6
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

I've been planning a re-organization of the forums for awhile, when we roll up to vb 3.5, several design elements will change, and moving Info or FAQ sections higher up makes sense. If you have a suggestion, let me know, I can't read people's minds and I appreciate the input.
Old May 9th, 2006, 20:02   #7
Greylocks

Well, I pointed you to the original suggestion (not mine) of moving the Information section higher, as it's a good idea. Good ideas should be implemented.

Oh, if you feel my first post in this thread has any merit, it may be good to pin and lock it here? The lock to avoid the really lame question I got immediately after posting it.
What I wrote is pretty much the basic truth in Canada. To the nitpickers, there are many exceptions, but those basics are correct.
If you want to nitpick, start your own thread.
Old May 9th, 2006, 20:55   #8
L473ncy

Yeah I admit I'm under 18 but I can wait. It's not like the sports going to dissapear overnight (although it does seem like it will with all the immature idioits around).

I have better things to do than play airsoft NOW. (right now it's getting my marks in school up (you know how it is with asian parents), taking life skills courses(first aid, speechcraft, music), and getting into university). I can wait untill I finish what's important so I don't screw up my life but some idiots can't.

I'm probably only 5% of the under 16 who are ACTUALLY responsible though so you don't really have to pay attention to this post.
Old May 9th, 2006, 20:59   #9
norb8

Send a message via MSN to norb8
Well I waited two years to get into airsoft for fear of the wrath of Greylocks. Good advice.
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:08   #10
Greylocks

I'm not that mean or dangerous. But I do say things straight out, I'm blunt as a brick, I dont take fools lightly, and (what tends to get idiots) I'm exactly the same in person.

But in person (the eternal suggestion to go meet folks) I will do far more than point you to FAQs, I'll show you what I mean and prove it to you.
If you're still too dumb to get it, go home.

Ask intelligent questions, make a list of what you already looked at, and follow the rules. Those rules are there to ensure that airsoft WILL exist in the future. Breaking them is pretty dumb when you realize that.

I am never intentionally rude when I reply to any intelligent question. But if you're too proud to read the guides many folks here bothered to write, too bloody bad for your fragile ego.
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:32   #11
The_Conman

Send a message via MSN to The_Conman
I am under 18, im going to be 17 in like 16 days, but thats not the point. I think what has been said about being 18 plus is very smart. If anyone has noticed, all the "Cops arrested" or "cops shot" instnaces, or a vast majority, have involved people who are like 14-16 years old. You dont see an 18+ running amok with a GBB. And what Latency said is totally right, airsoft now is not a good idea, becuse I do have other things to do, that and I am utterly pennyless. The issue with making this forum 18+ is that there are other airsoft forums on the net. So, it begs the question; would you guys rather you have some 15 year old n00b go to annother airsoft place, get somone to get him a GBB and he run amok with it and get shot by the cops. Or that he come here, ask a stupid question, get flamed at, but ultimately learn the RIGHT way to do things? Annoying it is, but its better they learn from you guys than somone else.

Old May 9th, 2006, 21:39   #12
hummermaniac88

Send a message via MSN to hummermaniac88
I want to put in my 2 cents while im at it, I am a minor for 20 more days. I have been interested in this sport since 16 years old, and I have learned that minors are best to play whnen they turn 18 years of age. The best way to prove that you are a mature fellow, you show that you patient, so wait t'ill your 18 to play the sport. I waited almost 2 years now, Im still alive, nothing happenned. So wait to prove that your mature.
Canadian Retailers: Button at far top of the screen. If they are not listed, DONT buy from them.
Teams and people to meet: Team section, go see and contact folks.
Search button: Learn to love it.
If your profile is empty, we cant direct you to help.
If you're under 18, wait.
Old May 9th, 2006, 21:43   #13
The_Conman

Send a message via MSN to The_Conman
Im not saying that people should be allowed to play underage. I am saying that they should allow underage on the forums, thats all. Its better that they screw up here then someplace else, and get hurt/arrested. As I said, its annoying yes, but its better if they get flamed here then shot.

Old May 9th, 2006, 22:52   #14
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummermaniac88
I want to put in my 2 cents while im at it, I am a minor for 20 more days. I have been interested in this sport since 16 years old, and I have learned that minors are best to play whnen they turn 18 years of age. The best way to prove that you are a mature fellow, you show that you patient, so wait t'ill your 18 to play the sport. I waited almost 2 years now, Im still alive, nothing happenned. So wait to prove that your mature.
same here, waiting for more then 1 year and a half, will be waiting for 6 more month... I just keep reading and reading...
Old May 9th, 2006, 22:57   #15
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
parents buy them?

my god...would a parent dish out 700 dollars for a unit?

please adopt me....btw can i have a new car?

i agree...patience is key... so is respect.

ditb

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General