BB question

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 6th, 2009, 01:04   #31
arman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
all KSC Perfects are like that lol =\
what the dimple or the un sealed bag???? either way both are crap....

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:04   #32
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Definitely not using those. I'll stick to my Bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:07   #33
Crunchmeister

I've used Metal Tech and will vouch for them being excellent BBs. I wouldn't rank MT or BBB as really being better. To me they're on pretty even ground, although I find that the MT are made of a harder material and absolutely will not break when striking a solid surface, whereas BBB will break or crack.

To me, it comes down to variety and cost. Since I started using .28 outdoors, I won't settle for anything else. I've noticed they provide me with a much more stable flight path and better accuracy at range than lighter BBs of any brand. I don't give a shit about close range accuracy for outdoors. 1" one way or another at under 50 feet is moot. I'm a rifleman and I like to take advantage of my rifle's longer range. I have a full length C7 with an Elcan, and with .28s, I can outrange many AEGs and have better accuracy at range. And while they travel slower, they have much better resistance to trajectory change by wind, and much better penetration power in the bush.

And even if MT made .28, BBB are closer to me, faster to get, and are cheaper. I can place an order one day, and they arrive within 1-2 business days. Shipping MT from BC costs a lot more and can take over a week to get to me. So in the end, I pay almost double the shipping cost.

As for Velocity Arms / KSC, I've permanently sworn off those BBs. They jam up all my guns (pistols included) that have 6.03 tightbores installed, and jam up and break in my AK and P90 mags. I've tried .2 and .25 and have the same results, so its pointless for me to keep trying them at this point.

But to the OP, I'd say it's worth the extra cash to get .28 for outdoor games. If you want to plink, then the cheaper .2 and .25 are more than enough. For indoor games, .25 are king. But for outdoors, .28 are the best bang for the buck in an AEG. Honestly, if they weren't so damn expensive, I'd use .3 in my AEGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by militia View Post
Really, they don't work in your mags? I measured these madbulls and there tolerance is bang on, 5.95 consistently. Very high polished and seamless
They won't feed in my AK mags either. Sepulcrum tried them with my AK mags last summer. He loaded up my Real Sword mag, and my 5 KA midcaps. They jammed up all 6 mags solid. Was a pain in the nuts to get the BBs back out of them. I'd never use those in any of my guns after seeing that.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; April 6th, 2009 at 01:13..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:35   #34
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

I use .28's as well, and they are dead on accurate. And personally, I don't mind paying the extra 5 bucks for .28's from .25's. But in my experience, BBB took almost a week to get to me. I don't mind though, as long as they arrive in good condition, and in a semi timely fashion.

Quote:
I'm a sniper.

Old April 6th, 2009, 01:56   #35
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
I use .28's as well, and they are dead on accurate. And personally, I don't mind paying the extra 5 bucks for .28's from .25's. But in my experience, BBB took almost a week to get to me. I don't mind though, as long as they arrive in good condition, and in a semi timely fashion.
You have a BB Bastard closer to you now

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:57   #36
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Who might this be?

Quote:
I'm a sniper.

Old April 6th, 2009, 09:41   #37
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erennert View Post
Just depends on who you order them from. BBB have associate bastards across the country, so if you order from the right person, you get them faster. Same deal when I order MT directly from mtmfg. Takes over a week to get here and double the shipping cost than Bastards.

But yeah, .28 for the win outdoors...
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:43   #38
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
what the dimple or the un sealed bag???? either way both are crap....
the dimples you see are injection nipples, you find them on some BBs =\ It's normal to see them on KSC perfects lol
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:52   #39
Crunchmeister

KSC Imperfects is what I used to call them. They were the first .2g BBs I used. Up till that point, I had only used shitty .12 from Cdn Tire. I had an order of other stuff from Redwolf, and got a couple of bags of KSC. Even as a noob, I could see that injection 'nipple' on a lot of them. And the BBs gave me a lot of grief. It's not until I discovered MT BBs that I realized it didn't have to be misfeeds, broken BBs, barrel jams, etc...

Oh yeah, and discovering that BBs don't need to smash into a zillion small fragments when impacting a hard surface was also an eye-opener...
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:09   #40
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
the dimples you see are injection nipples, you find them on some BBs =\ It's normal to see them on KSC perfects lol
You must have poor luck. There ane many players in our are who run KSC, inlcuding myself and we have neve run into anything dimple like for 0.2g 0.25g or .30g

Your comment of saying that it is "normal" is far from correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
KSC Imperfects is what I used to call them. They were the first .2g BBs I used. Up till that point, I had only used shitty .12 from Cdn Tire. I had an order of other stuff from Redwolf, and got a couple of bags of KSC. Even as a noob, I could see that injection 'nipple' on a lot of them. And the BBs gave me a lot of grief. It's not until I discovered MT BBs that I realized it didn't have to be misfeeds, broken BBs, barrel jams, etc...
Oh Crunch, youve had bad luck with TM guns too, you must sacrafice a virign to the airsoft gods to appease them.

Now brands aside, lets just talk about weights and FPS. A few folks have stated that 280FPS with .28g or .30g is to low as the they believe the BB travels to slow. Well to me essentially to me its the same as a stock TM that shoots 280fps with a 0.2g, if a BB is going 280FPS its going 280FPS regardlessof its weights! The only difference is that the gun that shoots 280fps with .30s will have their BBs hold their energy longer due to heavier weight so effective range will be increased. Now a stock TM shooting a 0.28 or 0.3 is getting alittle low for effectiveness outdoors.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; April 6th, 2009 at 11:26..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:18   #41
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Oh Crunch, youve had bad luck with TM guns too, you must sacrafice a virign to the airsoft gods to appease them.
I tried on Saturday by connecting that Firepower P90 to a Lipo, but it wouldn't die...

Made a nice video though
Old April 6th, 2009, 15:45   #42
arman

Quote:
You must have poor luck. There ane many players in our are who run KSC, inlcuding myself and we have neve run into anything dimple like for 0.2g 0.25g or .30g

Your comment of saying that it is "normal" is far from correct.

budy send me 5 bucks ill send you this bag of dimple bbs...
i dont really like skaldafin but hes right.

or im gonna throw them out the window and youtube it

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 18:48   #43
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
budy send me 5 bucks ill send you this bag of dimple bbs...

or im gonna throw them out the window and youtube it
Now why would I want your dimple BBs? I didnt say I didnt believe you. So youve guys have had some bad experiences, however you all seem to act like its general fact that KSCs are terrible. If you want to send me your BBs thats fine, I will send send you a handful of perfectly normal KSCs.

Quote:
pffff....noone likes sklad :P

Old April 6th, 2009, 19:44   #44
Skladfin

Quote:
Now why would I want your dimple BBs? I didnt say I didnt believe you. So youve guys have had some bad experiences, however you all seem to act like its general fact that KSCs are terrible. If you want to send me your BBs thats fine, I will send send you a handful of perfectly normal KSCs.

pffff....noone likes sklad :P
wow gee thanks

look more carefully on your KSC BBs in good light, they always have injection nipple.

http://www.airsoftmechanics.com/home...iew/13/26/1/1/

like that, it's not a bad batch of anything, it's just one of the chracteristic of KSC BBs.

Last edited by Skladfin; April 6th, 2009 at 19:53..
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 21:01   #45
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
wow gee thanks

look more carefully on your KSC BBs in good light, they always have injection nipple.

http://www.airsoftmechanics.com/home...iew/13/26/1/1/

like that, it's not a bad batch of anything, it's just one of the chracteristic of KSC BBs.
I see nothing!

You must have a brain tumor that makes you see nipples!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion