Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Evike.com

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 30th, 2008, 03:57   #31
lilrush

Evike has the worst customer service known to mankind and advice to anyone dealing with them: NEVER EMAIL THEM. They will never ever answer. Call and call and call until you speak with someone. Take down their name and ensure they resolve your dispute. Wait a bit, and if the issue is still not resolved, call back and re-explain your issue, and state the persons name that you already talked to. I have been able to squeeze out a free red-dot and a couple bags of bbs aswell as a MP5 hicap like this....
Good luck lol
lilrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 16:38   #32
HeadlessChicken

Oh man, this isn't encouraging.

After my WE1911 broke, I went around looking for spare and upgrade parts. Haven't found much of anything from Redwolf, EHobby, UNCompany, or AirsoftParts except for the incompatible TM parts. I've only been able to find a few items from Evike but after reading this, I don't know if I should risk it. Also looked around other suggested places mentioned here like Airsoft Global and SpeedyToys. May look at AirsoftSplat, just thought of it.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 17:30   #33
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
Oh man, this isn't encouraging.

After my WE1911 broke, I went around looking for spare and upgrade parts. Haven't found much of anything from Redwolf, EHobby, UNCompany, or AirsoftParts except for the incompatible TM parts. I've only been able to find a few items from Evike but after reading this, I don't know if I should risk it. Also looked around other suggested places mentioned here like Airsoft Global and SpeedyToys. May look at AirsoftSplat, just thought of it.
Have you tried WGC?
Illusion?

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 18:06   #34
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Have you tried WGC?
Illusion?
Based on what Illusion posted here, mostly Mauri and WE Hi Cap stuff and my tactical is a single stack.
WGC don't have much WE stuff, I'm specifically looking for the recoil plug, a stiffer spring, and a brushing. I saw a thread detailing the problems and some fixes, some parts I found that I might need are on Redwolf but not in stock where as Evike has replacement parts and some upgrade parts I'm considering.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
Old January 10th, 2009, 18:30   #35
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Go wih airsoft global, a bit more expensive to ship but great service and fast delivery

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 19:12   #36
HeadlessChicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
Go wih airsoft global, a bit more expensive to ship but great service and fast delivery
Global has the brushing and possibly a spring, I looked through them but didn't notice there was a 2nd page when I did a 1911 search. Otherwise everything is for Mauri, not many parts will work for WE.
Old January 10th, 2009, 19:17   #37
Skladfin

I bought a WE replacement hop up unit from Evike a while go

absolutely no problem, shipped fast, arrived fast.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 21:19   #38
Schlyder
IronOverlord

How their (Evike) system works is, when you make your payment, the shipping is not included, their system says payment failed but it is OK, it didn't fail. It is just a terrible system.
Then they will send you an email with the shipping charge, you then make another payment for the shipping. Then they do the final processing and ship out package.
I have ordered from them before, shipping is a bit pricey, but no problems with them.... Other than their goofy order/payment system.
Old January 10th, 2009, 21:28   #39
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
WGC don't have much WE stuff, I'm specifically looking for the recoil plug, a stiffer spring, and a brushing. I saw a thread detailing the problems and some fixes, some parts I found that I might need are on Redwolf but not in stock where as Evike has replacement parts and some upgrade parts I'm considering.
You should search a bit more, there's a post where I detailed all of the compatible parts:

Recoil plug - you can probably keep the one you have. You can use a Western Arms one, but its diameter is a bit smaller.

Recoil spring - use a TM 1911 one. Guarder 150% or Action 160% are your best bets (I have one of each, haven't tested them out to compare yet)

Bushing - get a bushing for a Western Arms 1911: it's a perfect fit. You can also use a real steel bushing but it requires a bit of modification (the front half inner diameter is too thick for the barrel and must be ground down slightly; not this is a STEEL part, not white metal, so you'll have do put effort into it)
Old January 10th, 2009, 21:30   #40
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronOverlord View Post
How their (Evike) system works is, when you make your payment, the shipping is not included, their system says payment failed but it is OK, it didn't fail. It is just a terrible system.
Then they will send you an email with the shipping charge, you then make another payment for the shipping. Then they do the final processing and ship out package.
I have ordered from them before, shipping is a bit pricey, but no problems with them.... Other than their goofy order/payment system.
That's retarded.
That alone should tell you something about their business.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 21:40   #41
jesster202

yeah good old evike i wantted to buy a silencer adaptor that they only carryed anyways they presented to me that inorder to get my shipping quote to canada i would need to fist pay the 29 .99 and then they would inform me how much internatonal shipping was i was apulled and said fuck you basicly saying that i didnt know if i could afford the shipping they said please pay then we will inform not regurding to the question if i couldnt aford the shipping
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 15:19   #42
oldairsofter1962

but the thing is in the classifieds barely nothing is new in accesories if yes they are 2 times more expensive...am i right?
oldairsofter1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 00:00   #43
ScooterVauto

My Evike Experience (Thread revival)

the reason for this post is that after googling reviews of Evike,
Most are bad.. most are also Very old 2 or more years (even this one was over a year old prior to the previous post) but man i tell you there are a lot of them..
However it seems about Dec 2008, it changed..
either people have all but stopped ordering from them or Evike has changed..
there are still issues but they appear to be a lot fewer headaches.
Most issues now seem to end with that 1 phone call.
as soon as you talk to a human, most concerns are recitfied..
that said, like a tool i did the googling AFTER my order was submitted and Paid for...
:BAngHead:
SO thats said...
Day 1.
found the 4 Polar star parts i wanted..

I created an account and submitted my order
PolarStar Airsoft Threaded Muzzle Adapter for VSR-10 (14mm negative) $20.00
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=32076
PolarStar Airsoft VSR-10 Light Weight 45ยบ Piston with Delrin Glide Rings $62.00
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=31501
PolarStar Airsoft VSR-10 Ball Bearing Spring Guide for VSR-10 / BAR-10 $35.00
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=31500
PolarStar Airsoft VSR-10 Reinforced 4140 Hardened Steel Sear Set $73.00
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=31502

$190 us (used nocatax coupon) for 10% off = $171.00
(paypal transaction completed at 8 pm Mtn July 7 2010)
After paypal completed, the evike website failed to load..
I went back to evike & Checked my order status, paypal (a) is pending.
I emailed customer service to let them know the website failed to load and
included my shipping address and a copy and paste of the Paypal receipt.
I also mentioned,
=================
I know i will be contacted with a shipping quote and I would
prefer United Parcel service (UPS) as my shipping carrier"
ended with have a great day
Carm
=================
I now wait for my shipping quote.
I'll let you know how it works out.. Nothing like a live action review of a place everyone hates to use but really wants to hahahah.
SV
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.

Last edited by ScooterVauto; July 8th, 2010 at 00:05.. Reason: i connut speel rit
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 20:55   #44
ScooterVauto

Update July 8 2010

1115 am this morning
I received an email letting me know that My order had been properly processed and is with accounting (pending A) and they will contact me with cost of postal shipping.
I was politlely informed that all international orders are shipped USPS United states postal service.
------------
so that wasnt bad, emailed them at 8pm and replied the Next morning..
hahaha Im already ahead they answered My email 1 st on the first try ..

I responed with "thank you and I"ll await accounting's email have a great day"
=================
Update
I received a 3rd email approx 1244pm. My payment has been apporved (Pending A)) is now (Approved (A)) now it has moved to shipping center (Pending (B))

Date Ordered: Wednesday 07 July, 2010

The comments for your order are

Thank you for your order with Evike.com. Your order has been sent to the shipping center and will arrive shortly. You can keep track of this orders status by visiting my account.
Our current processing time is 1-5 business days (not including weekends) to ship for all in stock items. All Express orders are shipped the same day for in stock items.
==============
Wow Second email reply in less then 2 hours.. YES!! So far so good.
Ciao for now
Sv
Lt. Alexander Washington -(Red Tails 1944) Ret.
ScooterVauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 21:00   #45
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I've ordered from eVike and had them delivery to a UPS store in the states for me to drive across and pick up; never a problem. Your experiment is going to go one of two ways;

a) "Newb disregards reviews, orders from site everyone knows is shitty, loses money, is laughed at while crying in corner." or;

b) "Newb disregards reviews, orders from site everyone knows is shitty, receives order, no one cares."

I do sincerely wish you the best of luck; no one likes losing money on an order. However, bend over and prepare for the brokerage fees to have their way with you as your chose UPS; the most expensive way to ship anything, anywhere.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion