Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

2. Ztactical 1X to 4X SpecterDR replica ( full function )

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 21st, 2011, 15:36   #31
dutchydoc

Send a message via MSN to dutchydoc
Looking forward to a review when someone finally gets there hands on the thing. I hope its good, I have been looking forward to picking one of these up since we all first heard about them releasing it.
Old March 21st, 2011, 15:37   #32
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

The colour looks a little wonky to me.
Old March 21st, 2011, 16:19   #33
Conker

PX-Airsoft is a trustworthy site Though yeah that colourlooks more like butterscotch than flat dark earth, lol...

For now I'll keep my 4X+Docter; works wonders and optic quality is beyond awesome (for the price). We'll see for the variable, but if you're saying your friend got them for 200$... might become tempting.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 16:23   #34
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

yeah I'm not a big fan of the Puke green color, but I'm getting the black version anyway....lol

PS: @Conker How are your ''issued/milspec'' LMT stock rubber bands?
Old March 21st, 2011, 16:29   #35
Conker

Haven't seen the black one anywhere yet... As for the gold-ish anodized parts, if it's like my Element DD RAS (as that SpecterDR is also Element), it's indeed too shiny and too light, though some dusting with paint solves that easily.

Oh and...LOL! Didn't get them yet, I kinda try to set my priorities straight and rubberbands aren't any of them. Just bought an EI CIRAS, so... But I'll get my LMT-jedi-secret-ninja-delta-blackops-stealth-digital-supersonic ruberbands before the end of the summer^^
Old March 21st, 2011, 16:36   #36
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Haven't seen the black one anywhere yet... As for the gold-ish anodized parts, if it's like my Element DD RAS (as that SpecterDR is also Element), it's indeed too shiny and too light, though some dusting with paint solves that easily.

Oh and...LOL! Didn't get them yet, I kinda try to set my priorities straight and rubberbands aren't any of them. Just bought an EI CIRAS, so... But I'll get my LMT-jedi-secret-ninja-delta-blackops-stealth-digital-supersonic ruberbands before the end of the summer^^
babhhahahahah jvia tellement te niaiser la dessus si on se voit a un event cet été ... XD
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:41   #37
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
Go figure, I finally buy a 4x model and now this one is released!

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:56   #38
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

ehobby just released it on there website!

235$ + shipping + CBSA duties... damn... that must be one of the most expensive airsoft optic out there.... :S

PS: at least on these pics the color looks good... no?

Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:02   #39
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

The fixed 4X SpecterDR replica I bought was canted badly to one side, which is why I sold it.

But it had great glass and eye relief.

I notice on this 1X - 4X version the objective glass eyepiece is much smaller in size...
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:13   #40
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post
But it had great glass and eye relief.

I notice on this 1X - 4X version the objective glass eyepiece is much smaller in size...
This. That's why I'll keep my fixed at least until I can compare them side to side; I'm afraid the awesome field of view and eye relief of the 4X fixed are lost on that one due to the smaller diameter.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:50   #41
m102404
Tys

It might be just a personal quirk with me but for airsoft optics there's this odd tipping point for being satisfied with a knockoff optic.

For $40-80 I don't mind if the lenses are not absolutely clear (most have a bluish/greenish tinge) and or if there's not much actual adjustment in the RD brightness. Same goes for actual magnifying power and optical alignment for magnifiers, distortion on the edges, etc... so-so and good enough is good enough for that price.

But for $200++ I start to expect clear, optically centered glass...no distortion, etc... I expect the mounts to actually retain zero after install/remove/install/etc... I expect it to take some knocks and bumps and still retain POA. In short I get pissed off if I blow $200+ on something that's shitty.

I fully realize that it's a 1/10th of the cost of a real one...but it still seems like a decent chunk of change to dump on something just so-so/ok.

I suppose it doesn't make any reasonable sense that if I really wanted a Specter I'd rather dump $2000+ to get a real one vs $250-ish on a clone....but I'd gladly settle for a $60 T1 Micro clone vs. a real one.

LOL...anyways, I'll wait until someone local picks one up and put it through the wringer...then decide.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:01   #42
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Same here, that's why I'm not sure about buying it...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
It might be just a personal quirk with me but for airsoft optics there's this odd tipping point for being satisfied with a knockoff optic.

For $40-80 I don't mind if the lenses are not absolutely clear (most have a bluish/greenish tinge) and or if there's not much actual adjustment in the RD brightness. Same goes for actual magnifying power and optical alignment for magnifiers, distortion on the edges, etc... so-so and good enough is good enough for that price.

But for $200++ I start to expect clear, optically centered glass...no distortion, etc... I expect the mounts to actually retain zero after install/remove/install/etc... I expect it to take some knocks and bumps and still retain POA. In short I get pissed off if I blow $200+ on something that's shitty.

I fully realize that it's a 1/10th of the cost of a real one...but it still seems like a decent chunk of change to dump on something just so-so/ok.

I suppose it doesn't make any reasonable sense that if I really wanted a Specter I'd rather dump $2000+ to get a real one vs $250-ish on a clone....but I'd gladly settle for a $60 T1 Micro clone vs. a real one.

LOL...anyways, I'll wait until someone local picks one up and put it through the wringer...then decide.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:16   #43
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

I'll buy it if one of the Toronto Retailers bring one in and I test it out. 235$ isn't bad. I paid $160 for my 4x model.

I even bet the quality is even better on this one since it's a later model.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 13:10   #44
pugs144

If the real-steel Specter won't hold zero, how can we expect the replica to do likewise, especially when subjected to GBBR recoil?

Last edited by pugs144; March 22nd, 2011 at 13:13..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 13:10   #45
RacingManiac

For ~$200 you can pick up a illuminated short dot like Barska or something that rated for RS use with 1-4x ish power....At that point it really makes little sense to get AS optic...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion