Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Lifepo or LIPO 11.1v (Plus) 25C (plus) AK Stick Recommendations

:

Accessories Discussion

Old November 9th, 2012, 16:09   #31
Ramcke

Sorry to hijack the thread but my question is related to the Li-Po you just posted above, MADDOG.

I have the same battery for a LCT AKS-74 and I got the Turnigy Accucel 6 but has a XT60 plug instead of a mini tamiya plug like the Li-Po.

I have searched on-line on a few local airsoft store sites in Toronto if they sell a charge plug adapter but nothing has turned up. I'm going through r/c hobby stores locally as well. I would rather see if I can buy one in country than pay an arm and a leg for a $10.00 (Charge Plug Adapter Set)plus shipping and applicable taxes with HK.

Do you or anyone know who sells this in Canada? Thank you.
Ramcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 17:08   #32
MADDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramcke View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread but my question is related to the Li-Po you just posted above, MADDOG.

I have the same battery for a LCT AKS-74 and I got the Turnigy Accucel 6 but has a XT60 plug instead of a mini tamiya plug like the Li-Po.

I have searched on-line on a few local airsoft store sites in Toronto if they sell a charge plug adapter but nothing has turned up. I'm going through r/c hobby stores locally as well. I would rather see if I can buy one in country than pay an arm and a leg for a $10.00 (Charge Plug Adapter Set)plus shipping and applicable taxes with HK.

Do you or anyone know who sells this in Canada? Thank you.
I ordered the adaptors from Hobby king when I ordered the batteries (Which by the way came reverse polarized, the taimya was installed backwards, if i had conneted the battery and shot it and not checked I am sure catostrophic motor or battery failure, I am glad i double checked so word of warning to all)

If you cannot install a taimya yourself co to any hobby store and have them clip off the XT 60 and install a different connector of your choice if they cannot make you an adaptor for a couple of bucks.

But I have not checked for anyone local selling XT 60 connectors.

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 22:42   #33
Ramcke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
I ordered the adaptors from Hobby king when I ordered the batteries (Which by the way came reverse polarized, the taimya was installed backwards, if i had conneted the battery and shot it and not checked I am sure catostrophic motor or battery failure, I am glad i double checked so word of warning to all)

If you cannot install a taimya yourself co to any hobby store and have them clip off the XT 60 and install a different connector of your choice if they cannot make you an adaptor for a couple of bucks.

But I have not checked for anyone local selling XT 60 connectors.

Thanks, MADDOG! I called a local hobby shop and the person said the XT60 was specifically for airsoft can't remember if the mini tamiya's connectors are also specific to airsoft. Either I change the charger lead (XT60 connector) that came with the Turnigy Accucel 6 to Mini Tamiya connectors or purchase charge plug adapter set.

I'll just have to bite the bullet on cost "Charge Plug Adapter Set and buy either from HK which was $ 10.00 plus shipping and applicable taxes or Amazon which is going for $ 24.95 plus shipping and whatever applicable taxes.

I'll also check on your warning on reverse polarity on the mini tamiya connectors on the Li-Po's. How would I know if it's reversed polarity and was it this type and brand of Li-Po's?

Thanks again for the help and advice.
Old November 10th, 2012, 03:37   #34
MADDOG

The lipos themselves were properly connected, it was the xt60 to mini taimya adaptors purchased ( for the bigger 2200 mah batteries) that were reverse polarized. All 3 of them the same. I fixed them myself but you need to look at the wires to make sure each wire is lining up with the correct polarity.

I will be changing all my connectors in the future but if you use hobby king adaptors check the installation prior to using them.

Last edited by MADDOG; November 10th, 2012 at 08:15..
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:04   #35
Ramcke

Quote:
The lipos themselves were properly connected, it was the xt60 to mini taimya adaptors purchased ( for the bigger 2200 mah batteries) that were reverse polarized. All 3 of them the same. I fixed them myself but you need to look at the wires to make sure each wire is lining up with the correct polarity.

I will be changing all my connectors in the future but if you use hobby king adaptors check the installation prior to using them.
Gotcha... Thanks again.
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:02   #36
Moss

Quote:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SOFT_Pack.html

I can confirm that these do infact fit under the Beta Project dust cover with some fancy wire routing and you can "stiffly" move the charging handle to get to the hop up.

The C rating is great and blows the king arms 11.1v 12 c stick battery I had out of the water.

I used this thread originally in my quest to find the best possible LiPo for my BP AK, to say these fit with some "fancy" wire routing is a bit of an understatement. I had to have all the leads on the packs chopped down extremely in order to fit inside the dust cover. Perhaps some of our internals are slightly different, but I have an awful time fitting mine underneath the dust cover and I am forced to use pretty significant force to fit it inside.

It performs really well though, but its been a terrible struggle to get the batteries(not available in HK) and to make them fit without a lof of frustrating wire jamming.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:30   #37
security-101

Send a message via MSN to security-101
I to am looking for a battery that is the same requirements as Maddogs to fit under the dust cover of my RS type56-2.......
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:49   #38
Danke

I have both of these batteries and they both fit in my VFC AK-74U.

http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=714

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1806
Old December 24th, 2012, 18:00   #39
MADDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
I used this thread originally in my quest to find the best possible LiPo for my BP AK, to say these fit with some "fancy" wire routing is a bit of an understatement. I had to have all the leads on the packs chopped down extremely in order to fit inside the dust cover. Perhaps some of our internals are slightly different, but I have an awful time fitting mine underneath the dust cover and I am forced to use pretty significant force to fit it inside.

It performs really well though, but its been a terrible struggle to get the batteries(not available in HK) and to make them fit without a lof of frustrating wire jamming.
There is a flatter side to the batteries, take a look and put the single cell side down on the charging handle. It moves with difficultly to access the hop but it does work. The wires were never an issue they fit in the end close to the dust cover release with no issue for me. Check this and see if it works better.

Old December 24th, 2012, 18:57   #40
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
There is a flatter side to the batteries, take a look and put the single cell side down on the charging handle. It moves with difficultly to access the hop but it does work. The wires were never an issue they fit in the end close to the dust cover release with no issue for me. Check this and see if it works better.
This thread actually inspired us to get some lipo batteries and this battery works in the Beta Project AK. It's a good balance between size and offers the same discharge rate as the HK battery. Capacity is slightly lower but you don't have to fight with the wiring.
Size is about the same as the HotPower batteries that Huang sells but the discharge rate is much higher and the cells don't suck.

Last edited by Stealth; December 24th, 2012 at 19:33..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 21:53   #41
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
This thread actually inspired us to get some lipo batteries and this battery works in the Beta Project AK. It's a good balance between size and offers the same discharge rate as the HK battery. Capacity is slightly lower but you don't have to fight with the wiring.
Size is about the same as the HotPower batteries that Huang sells but the discharge rate is much higher and the cells don't suck.
A big plus to this battery is that it will fit a very tight FCC PTW Stock Tube and able to run a PTW with no issue.(I don't think there is a tighter space for a battery in any airsoft gun)
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:33   #42
Moss

Quote:

Yeah man, thats what I ended up doing, laying the flat side of the battery on the charging handle, and then lining it up really snug against the opening of the vapor tube while I carefully squeeze shut the dust cover.

I had to seriously chop down the leads, but when I had my gearbox rewired they left a long connector lead which leads to a lot of folding and stuffing of wires.

But the battery doesn't have any close comparisons for me, save a Magic Box 11.1 I have that performs similarly(in my set up)

This is the magic box, it fits easily under the dust cover without any problems.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magic-box...y-triplet.html

Last edited by Moss; December 25th, 2012 at 11:36.. Reason: Added link
Old December 25th, 2012, 11:37   #43
Moss

Quote:
May have to try those.
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:39   #44
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Quote:
I face this dilemma daily.
Aesthetics vs. full stock.
Front wire + ready mag? Idk I think it looks cool.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 20:42   #45
security-101

Send a message via MSN to security-101
What about getting someone to custom make a battery to fit the RS56-2 or any of the AK's I found a site called house of batteries...I've looked hi and low for a battery that would fit my RS, what a pain in the ass....lol

http://www.houseofbatteries.com/cust...1_67-l-en.html

Last edited by security-101; January 10th, 2013 at 20:46..
security-101 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion