Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MOLLE stuff ( yes im new)

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:20   #1
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Smile MOLLE stuff ( yes im new)

Hey guys. This is my first post so as useless as it is to say dont flame me Im prepared for it lol. Any how my question is this:

The MOLLE system. Ive never actually seen people at my games wearing this stuff and obviously I have not either seeing as all I wear is my head gear and a T - shirt for armor lol. Any how I did google it and I even looked at wiki and still did not find my answer.

How does it work? Is it all velcro, ALICE type clips or buttons or what? Ive see alot of MOLLE setups on sites and pretty much all of them are modular and thats what Im looking at for my TM MP5 A4 mags (four of them)and possibly a cross draw holster for my KSC M9 Elite IA and its spare mag. The problem is I think I need to actually see one IRL to really understand it so Ill probably go to sealsactiongear some time here and look at it but I thought I would ask here first.

Outcast
Old October 3rd, 2007, 01:53   #2
[Lithium]

perpendicular crossthatched straps.

atleast i think thats the ebst way to describe it :S

HeL is another name i go by
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 02:07   #3
Outcast569

lol oook. So all those little loops that are all over the vest, the pouches are liek strapped to them?

...[^]....[^].....[^]
[-----][-----][-----]
...[v].....[v].....[v]

Dunno if that helps lol. But kinds like a belt pouch on a belt? with the vertical loops that interlock with the hozivontal ones?

Last edited by Outcast569; October 3rd, 2007 at 02:17..
Outcast569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 03:19   #4
Outcast569

Talking

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=119017 found it WOOT on the 104th result of a search lol.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 03:48   #5
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Fuck this shyte, straight to CPGear

http://www.cpgear.com/images/MaliceClipInstructions.htm

That'll basically cover you for the instructions, and unless you're retarded you should be able to pick it up pretty quick. Lace the MALICE clip back and forth through the webbing and the same goes for the MOLLE II stuff.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:09   #6
Outcast569

well damn lol. Why could that not have shown up in the first oh I dunno like 5 pages of search results lol. any how thx. Now I gotta go look at vests to fit my MP5 mags and hopfully with a crossdraw holster. Oh on another note does any one know where I can get the individual pouches? That way if nothing else I can just buy it a piece at a time
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:15   #7
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast569 View Post
well damn lol. Why could that not have shown up in the first oh I dunno like 5 pages of search results lol. any how thx. Now I gotta go look at vests to fit my MP5 mags and hopfully with a crossdraw holster. Oh on another note does any one know where I can get the individual pouches? That way if nothing else I can just buy it a piece at a time
Well if you get MOLLE you don't need to "find a vest that fits <whatever>" since you customize the pouches yourself (that's the point of it).

As for individual pouches it depends what you want, but check the Gear pulldown menu at the top of the page: CP Gear, One Shot Tactical, Seals, Dave's etc all carry different sorts in different colors/camo. You can also get some from eBay, Tactical Advantage and numerous other online shops.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:49   #8
Outcast569

thx man that helped alot
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:57   #9
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
A useful tip for you is to purchase black zip ties to attach your gear onto your vest. Saves you from having to purchase MALICE clips for everything (if your pouches and holster don't have integral MOLLE fasteners), and the best thing about using zip ties PALS webbing (is what those horizontal strips of webbing are called), you can angle your pouches.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 17:09   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Now an important thing to remember, VERY important, if your going to be buying real steel MOLLE gear; is that there's actually TWO kinds of molle: MOLLE II made primarily by SDS and AITES, and Gen.4 MOLLE or "S.T.R.I.K.E." gear. And TWO kinds of connectors: MOLLE (just straps on the pouch) and MALICE clips (plastic straps not connected to the pouch or vest).
Certain pouches are interchangeable, some are not. The difference between the two is the width of each strap, theres also a bit of a difference in the spacing between straps. However you can get MOLLE II to work on S.T.R.I.K.E. and vice-versa by using the MALICE clips.
As for airsoft MOLLE gear I have no idea, I only use the real stuff for the sake of having matching camouflages.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion