Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 21st, 2013, 21:56   #1171
DaWaffleGoblin

Talking hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
This would be a four year overdue hello, my name is Alex Im a big nooblar, I love to chairsoft.
Is uptown GTA code for "The Shwa" ? Hahahaha
Old November 22nd, 2013, 18:18   #1172
Seymour Beavers

???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Beavers View Post
Hello
I am French
My name is Rodolphe PORET
I just moved to Guelph from France
My English speak and write currently is very bad
Excuse me
I played in Rouen, Normandie, France
Team 76th Meu Inspiration USMC
http://76thmeu.superforum.fr/forum
pseudo: Seymour Beavers
facebook: Seymour Beavers
I am looking for a team in the area

WWII
????
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:10   #1173
passiveerwin

Hi all
My name is Erwin. My family just acquired PR and I plan to study and live in Canada after I finish my high school.
Currently I live in Taiwan, and I've been playing airsoft since 2012 there.
I'd like to know if I can really take my airsoft guns with me if they are upgraded to the state of "uncontrolled firearms".
Looking forward to meet you guys
passiveerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 16:01   #1174
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by passiveerwin View Post
Hi all
My name is Erwin. My family just acquired PR and I plan to study and live in Canada after I finish my high school.
Currently I live in Taiwan, and I've been playing airsoft since 2012 there.
I'd like to know if I can really take my airsoft guns with me if they are upgraded to the state of "uncontrolled firearms".
Looking forward to meet you guys
Welcome

You can try, but don't count on it, customs is tough, depends what you are importing. Parts/Acessories/Magazines are okay Pistols/Rifles that are not above 366 fps will be seized. Even above 366 to meet the requirments based on the research I done is quite complicated to import weapons without a ton of paper work, etc.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:38   #1175
passiveerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Welcome

You can try, but don't count on it, customs is tough, depends what you are importing. Parts/Acessories/Magazines are okay Pistols/Rifles that are not above 366 fps will be seized. Even above 366 to meet the requirments based on the research I done is quite complicated to import weapons without a ton of paper work, etc.
Will I be able to send them back to Taiwan if the guns are denied entry?
Do I need to pay duties or taxes for them?
I have a vfc m4 which is already upgraded over 366, a tm aks74u, a ics m3, and a tm xdm.
Do I need paperwork for them?
How can I successfully prove to the customs that the fps is higher than 366?
I've read the related content of this but I'd like to be more certain about this.
ty
passiveerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:38   #1176
famidrive

Harro!
I'm Isak from Sweden, I've recently gotten caught into all the Hi-Capa rage.
And since I love to customize anything I care about I'm going to do so, best
I can combining shop built things with home made.

Where in hecks do I post personal project threads?!
famidrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:57   #1177
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by passiveerwin View Post
How much is the inspection fee? I've read something in the forums saying that the importer is responsible for the fees.
The author then stated that after that it won't be cheaper then just buying guns in Canada.
The price... yeah I know it is somewhat acceptable. (Price in TW x1.5)
But my parents earned their money in Taiwan, that's less than the salaries that could be earned in Canada in my opinion.
The other expenses here are just higher than those in Taiwan.
I think buying those stuffs again will simply put a huge dent in my family's already-shrunk property.
Plus I am not 18 yet so it appears that I won't be able to buy anything until then.
I don't really like cheap sometimes-unreliable China-made guns by the way.(Correct me if I am wrong)
Will I be able to find all the high-end stuffs that I used to see in Taiwan?
(TM HK416, VFC XCR STD with 14.5 barrel, VFC M27 IAR, BCM4...,
Laylax, KM, PDI, Guarder parts....)
Anyway you have a point if I were a native Canadian.

Or should I just sell only the externals and keep the internals?
Something in the forums says internals are just fine for importation
Then get new externals in Canada...

Will making myself a airsoft gun retailer with a Business Firearms License be a good choice?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, I really appreciate you answering them.
The guns you want "high end" will probably be quite expensive here in Canada. We have tax ontop as well if you buy from a retailer, also shipping costs, since most local retailers don't have what you typically want in stock.

Typically it varies from retailer to retailer, not everyone has things in stock, and if they do they may charge a high premium. I doubt you'd want to buy a used gun, but if you get Age Verified you can acess the classified section.

You will be really spending a lot more then you have in TW. Best to bring EVERYTHING you can, Accessories, Scopes, mounts, mags, internals, etc. and just sell you guns stock.

Example: WE Glock 17 - $76 - $80 over there, $195+220 + 13% tax here (Ontario) + possibly shipping.

Probably 1.5-2x your cost.

Airsoft ain't cheap in Canada

Still cheaper then paintball though.

Last edited by BioRage; November 29th, 2013 at 10:00..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2013, 23:37   #1178
Sumta

Blah. lol

Just normal intros, known online as sumta. i enjoy running sniper or marksmen depending on the game req. dont really care for cqb or "normal" range guns because i tend to be to aggressive, sniping makes me slow down and have fun.

i run a
A&K SVD
and on my "angry" days
Echo 1 pkm
Sumta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 19:37   #1179
VDub

Time for introductions!

Hi all I'd like to Introduce myself I'm Sean. I reside in Mississauga. I've started playing airsoft now for about 6 months. In that time I've played 3 games, 2 have been with LT and the other was an 18 hr at PRZ. In that time I've played with the likes of GOA, Ontario Guards and Bad Karma to name a few teams. Everyone I've had the pleasure to play with have been nothing but courteous and helpful! I truly appreciate the warm welcome to new comers.

I was lucky being introduced to the game I had my good friend Dave give me a heads up on rules and how this game is based on the honour system! Big help! Great guy always a joy to go to games with! I won't lie I have encountered some who didn't follow hit rules bit they were quickly lit up (if you know what I mean). So a big thank you to this community!

Now on to my load out... First rifle, picked up a G&P M4; great gun love the way it looks and feels! Yes I know it's common but for a starter I think I did well! Second rifle, a recently purchased PTs Masada SV: loads of fun shoots nice! (But I want to play another game or 2 with it and put out my review; so watch out for it) last is my pistol, bought a mystery box from TA and at the time thought I was getting a low grade pistol, ummm yeah no I got a KWC SW40f which I rather enjoy! So much fun to shoot off! (I was thinking of writing a review but decided not to as this model has been around a few years). I originally purchased a low rig enjoyed it but wanted a full chest (Dave thanks for the trade, love this rig). I have my woodland camo gear but all still a work In progress. I still need proper boots and contemplating a helmet. Let's just say this isn't a cheap hobby yet cheaper then building a track car! Airsoft wins!

All together just wanted to formally say hello to the community and thank you all! I look forward to playing with everyone!

LT looking forward to the next game!
Force Recon looking forward to Nightfall 3! Will be my first!

Cheers
Godspeed!
Looking for new side arm :banghead:
VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 23:07   #1180
TANNER
ChrisUK

Welcome, there are tons of great guys to play with in the area and I see you've met quite a few already.

While it's still winter be sure to visit UA and TTAC

Although... It's a shame when people refer to a gun being common as if it's a bad thing. Love the standard M4 look myself. All it needs is a coat of tan paint and several seasons worth of wear and it's a masterpiece.

Last edited by TANNER; January 10th, 2014 at 23:17..
TANNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 23:18   #1181
VDub

By all means don't take me wrong I still love the way my M4 looks! It is reliable! Here is a pic not great I'll get some better ones to put up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.74 MB, 18 views)
Looking for new side arm :banghead:
VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 23:25   #1182
The_Mac

Hey everybody... my name is Don. I'm from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. A friend invited me to an airsoft game mid-October, letting me use his Thompson and I've been addicted since. For Christmas, my wife got me a King Arms M4 (she got the hint when I kept setting the browser homepage to the order screen). I'm looking forward to starting back up in the spring, as I don't currently have gear to be running around in the snow in. I signed up a while ago and have been doing a lot of reading on here, this seems to be a great community. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kingarms.jpg (90.7 KB, 7 views)
The_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:53   #1183
EBRDesu

Howdy,

My name's Martin, and I'm from Edmonton, AB. I've been active on the forums over there (the EAR or Edmonton Airsoft Regiment) for several years and for some reason only now got around to making a profile here at ASC. So, hi.

Current primary is a heavily modified ICS M4A1 with a Troy forward RIS. (salvaged from an Echo1 MRF-MX) Otherwise I own a CYMA railed AKS, G&G M39 EMR, JG G3A3, and a KWA MP9.

Here's a pic of my powerhouse at the last game I attended, last Saturday.
Old January 15th, 2014, 00:24   #1184
Shroker

Re-reading this post and re-reading the error I swore I had posted in here. I even read all the FAQs and stickies. Oh well.
Been getting back into airsoft and have to get AV'd once my drivers gets back to me. Hope to see you'll in BC.
Shroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 16:37   #1185
targetGspot

Greg from Manitoba, been playing for several years. My "team"(bunch of guys who try and make it out to shoot each other, not other actual teams) plays out on my buds private land (He's got 50+ acres, we play on part of it). Our game isn't as strict as many others, we choose a game, Instant kill, Zombie, 10 hit, Vitals, Capture flag or fort, whatever we feel like at the time. No fps limits just common sense up close. We recommend full face but our only rules are EYE PROTECTION and count ur hits. Any one in the area feel free to message me if you want to join us for a game come summer.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank