Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Installing Madbull Daniel Defense Omega X

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 24th, 2013, 18:42   #1
tiberian288

Installing Madbull Daniel Defense Omega X

I am unsure how to install this RIS, I am trying to install it on an ICS m16A3. the RIS didn't come with a manual and i can't find one online.

The most i have been able to do is remove the ICS delta ring and screw on the slip ring that the rail came with though the slip ring seems to be on an angle if i screw it on tight/fully so if its a little loose it seems to be on straight. I'm also unsure how the rail goes on to the slip ring.

I could use some help as i would like to avoid using a gun doc. I would like to be able to do this myself and learn though i am clearly new at any sort of modifying.

this is what i have: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-d...ail-black.html

I have also found the difference between the omega and omega x. Omega attaches to a standard delta ring, Omega x uses the slip ring

Last edited by tiberian288; August 24th, 2013 at 18:58..
tiberian288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 19:17   #2
HackD

The RIS is meant for a TM style receiver, with metric threading.

The ICS (along with G&P and a few others) are real steel imperial threading.

Technically, you should find that you cannot get the slip-ring on at all. The Metric slip-ring will be somewhat smaller diameter than the receiver threading.

I have something similar on my ICS M4 .. it was brute-forced on. My ICS is full metal.. in hind-sight, it's lucky i didn't break the receiver in attempting the brute-force method. In essence, i force re-threaded the receiver threading by doing so.

Once tightened down, the RIS is supposed to slip over the slip-ring, and be attached via 4-6 allen head machine screws, theoretically making for a rigid mounted RIS to the receiver of the rifle. It took o-rings to make things totally rigid with mine, along with Madbull RASFix to bridge the RIS to the receiver and make things rock-solid. http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2335

Question: Is your receiver a nylon body, or metal?

An Omega works with ICS, if you also get a G&P/G&P compatible delta ring - the ICS delta ring is an odd-size POS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberian288 View Post
I am unsure how to install this RIS, I am trying to install it on an ICS m16A3. the RIS didn't come with a manual and i can't find one online.

The most i have been able to do is remove the ICS delta ring and screw on the slip ring that the rail came with though the slip ring seems to be on an angle if i screw it on tight/fully so if its a little loose it seems to be on straight. I'm also unsure how the rail goes on to the slip ring.

I could use some help as i would like to avoid using a gun doc. I would like to be able to do this myself and learn though i am clearly new at any sort of modifying.

this is what i have: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-d...ail-black.html

I have also found the difference between the omega and omega x. Omega attaches to a standard delta ring, Omega x uses the slip ring
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 22:07   #3
tiberian288

It's a sportline that i got when they first came to Canada back in 2008 or 2009 before i knew any better and before I was av'ed, the lower is tinted plastic and i am not sure what the upper is the thread is metal though. the slip ring that came with my rail fit perfectly onto the threading, i had to remove the entire delta ring and attach the slip ring where the delta ring was.

I figured out how the rail should sit on the gun in any case but i still can't put the rail on because of some blocks sticking out of the side of the bottom of the barrel assembly: http://mach1airsoft.com/product/a3-f...er-barrel-set/(click on the pic to see what I mean) they were used for the standard delta ring.

if those weren't there the rail would fit perfectly and the top rail would even perfectly line up with the carry handle rail.

I don't like the idea of grinding anything down or chopping anything so i think i might just sell the Gun and get something that's more TM compatible.
Old August 24th, 2013, 22:32   #4
HackD

Quote:
It's a sportline that i got when they first came to Canada back in 2008 or 2009 before i knew any better and before I was av'ed, the lower is tinted plastic and i am not sure what the upper is the thread is metal though. the slip ring that came with my rail fit perfectly onto the threading, i had to remove the entire delta ring and attach the slip ring where the delta ring was.

I figured out how the rail should sit on the gun in any case but i still can't put the rail on because of some blocks sticking out of the side of the bottom of the barrel assembly: http://mach1airsoft.com/product/a3-f...er-barrel-set/(click on the pic to see what I mean) they were used for the standard delta ring.

if those weren't there the rail would fit perfectly and the top rail would even perfectly line up with the carry handle rail.

I don't like the idea of grinding anything down or chopping anything so i think i might just sell the Gun and get something that's more TM compatible.
With this RIS, the delta-ring is not used/useful.. put into your junk drawer.

Grind those tabs off.. they need to come off if the rail is to be used. I forgot about this step, as my ICS got a new 10.3" barrel at about the same time that i did my Madbull Noveske 7" with a slip-ring/barrel nut, and my other ICS was done with a G&P delta ring/daniel defense Omega combo a while back. As you now realize, those tabs on the barrel base are meant for the ICS specific delta-ring. Once you start the process with an ICS, there is no going back.. No use for the delta-ring, no use for the tabs.

As for selling a clearsoft/cansoft ICS sportline, i'm afraid there isn't much of a market for them.. might as well just have at it...

Edit: If the slip-ring actually is the same threading as your receiver threading, you may have lucked out - considering that it's *rumoured* that the earlier ICS's had metric threading, but switched over to Real Steel imperial threading in later production runs.. there is a few threads buried on the forum here, about that. I thought mine was one of them initially.. but it was brute-forced on, not actually a clean fit, in retrospect.

Last edited by HackD; August 24th, 2013 at 22:59..
Old August 24th, 2013, 22:51   #5
tiberian288

Alright, well thanks for the help, i'll grind those tabs off to use the rail, then maybe i'll sometime in the future get a new gun or upgrade the parts to make it a high quality version
Old August 24th, 2013, 23:01   #6
HackD

Quote:
Alright, well thanks for the help, i'll grind those tabs off to use the rail, then maybe i'll sometime in the future get a new gun or upgrade the parts to make it a high quality version
Keep in mind, if you follow through with this.. even though you've got a metal barrel threading/upper receiver assembly.. an additional o-ring crushed down will make the whole assembly much more rigid/less prone to receiver/RIS rotation... in my experience anyway. I ended up going RASFix to totally eliminate that issue, in the end, with this sort of integral RIS/receiver combos.

Last edited by HackD; August 24th, 2013 at 23:15..
Old August 27th, 2013, 13:09   #7
tiberian288

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
Keep in mind, if you follow through with this.. even though you've got a metal barrel threading/upper receiver assembly.. an additional o-ring crushed down will make the whole assembly much more rigid/less prone to receiver/RIS rotation... in my experience anyway. I ended up going RASFix to totally eliminate that issue, in the end, with this sort of integral RIS/receiver combos.
Alright this is kinda a little update on whats going on with the rail

I ground down the tabs on the barrel, i put the slip-ring on, it was somewhat not screwed on completely otherwise the rail would be too low and not wrap around the threading area properly so i assume the slip-ring not being tightly screwed on is normal?

Screwed the two rail halves together, positioned it onto the slip-ring then screwed the allen key set screws into the slip ring, to my surprise after screwing it for a bit the rail is sitting rigid on the receiver though i don't know if its screwed in enough, it seems sturdy.

the question is if its sitting sturdy is it good or should i screw the allen key screws in until they won't budge

EDIT: Okay so I decided to really tighten the allen keys screws and it seems fine, nice and sturdy so hopefully it won't be going anywhere

Last edited by tiberian288; August 27th, 2013 at 16:23..
tiberian288 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications