:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 12th, 2008, 14:24   #31
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kershaw View Post
Yeah but it probably would be an underlying reason as to why its being sold used.
Another question is how can one buy items on this website without relying strictly on blind faith?
How do I figure out who to send money without being scammed?
99% of people around here sell their guns because they are bored with it or want something different and need the cash (or need cash asap for real life stuff). Honesty is pretty high among sellers here, so it's not much blind faith yo uneed, more reading skills than anything else. Any time a gun has an issue it's mentioned in the thread. It's VERY bad to sell a gun with problems and not mention it. Most will get the gun fixed before they even start the FS post.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 14:30   #32
Naglfar

Ive owned a KSC Mk23 - great gun but absolutely huge and heavy, very accurate and great range. It's like having a second primary with 28 rounds in the mag

Used Phil's 1911 with custom wood grips, very nice solid performing gun, it feels absolutely beautiful with the carved wood grips

Now I'm running Jake's TM 5.1 capa with a TK twist barrel and airsoft surgeon blowback unit in a shooter's design infinity slide. blowback is amazing, this thing is loud, powerful and deadly accurate. Not quite the effective range as my old Mk23 but I haven't yet replaced the chamber packing.

I'm going to eventually buy a TM 1911 to get some custom grips for it, I used to love the look of HK pistols, but after actually using in competition TM's 1911 I am just sold on this design. There are also tons of aftermarket parts for both styles to make your gun perfect for you in every way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
99% of people around here sell their guns because they are bored with it or want something different and need the cash (or need cash asap for real life stuff). Honesty is pretty high among sellers here, so it's not much blind faith yo uneed, more reading skills than anything else. Any time a gun has an issue it's mentioned in the thread. It's VERY bad to sell a gun with problems and not mention it. Most will get the gun fixed before they even start the FS post.
Every gun I have bought or sold was basically for this reason.
JG M4
KSC Mk23
TM MP5
TM M14
TM 5.1 Capa
Naglfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 15:09   #33
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppoJava View Post
Newer TM P226's has some problems with the slide catch. Not sure if this is resolved yet.
Yeah, had major issues with my new P226. The pot metal inside the slide is very, very weak, and the plastic on the slide seems very cheap compared to the ABS the lower frame is made of. IMO, if you're going with a TM P226, I'd say it's best to buy a used gun at least 2 years old. They seem to be a lot more durable and less problematic. Of if you buy new, get a metal slide and new internals for it right away
Old June 12th, 2008, 15:44   #34
jesster202

kjw m9 ftw
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 15:47   #35
Crunchmeister

Despite all my "better" and far more upgraded guns, my stock (except for Hogue grips) KJW M9 is the best performer of all my guns and feels best to hold and shoot. I love it.
Old June 12th, 2008, 16:12   #36
jesster202

they can shure can come for hell and back and still work
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 16:12   #37
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
I've only ever owned a KWA USP full size but that thing is a beast. The price (I paid $220 in the classifieds for it brand new, shipping included) is great and you get a gun that's got a metal slide already (no need to upgrade later or anything) and good feel. It's deadly accurate once you adjust the hop up.
Old June 12th, 2008, 16:18   #38
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Despite all my "better" and far more upgraded guns, my stock (except for Hogue grips) KJW M9 is the best performer of all my guns and feels best to hold and shoot. I love it.
+1
Old June 12th, 2008, 16:22   #39
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
KSC Glock 19s can take a beating, and will largely still work after being droped abd buried in sand, just give it a good blow out (couple breaths) and keep shooting. Hehe, yes, found out myself the hard way at Rawdon 2006, ran through 5-6 more mags after that happened. Try that with a gun that has an exposed external hammer!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 16:34   #40
harsui

TM Hi-capa and 1911

Been in this game since 1996, so far i got 17 pistols used from a different manufacturers. I can say TM has the best stock performance, accuracy, quality and pricing.
harsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 16:53   #41
Naglfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Do you know if these are clones of a Japanese company? I'd be inclined to try one out if I knew I could put in a tightbore and change up a few cosmetic things.
Naglfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 04:01   #42
infernal

Send a message via MSN to infernal
yeah ill jump on the 4.3 bandwagon. that gun rocks my sox.
infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:54   #43
kalnaren

I have a KJW Para Ordinance 14. It's really nice, good weight, and good kick. Only problem is spare parts are a bitch to find.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:20   #44
Tomolok

Send a message via ICQ to Tomolok Send a message via MSN to Tomolok
KSC G19 or TM 1911 imo

dont get a beretta unless you plan on modding it, too many weak points on the slide design.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion