Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft QC

:

Reviews

Old August 13th, 2013, 23:11   #76
mantakree

Just adding my five cents to this.
Went and bought a few things there. Namely a pistol from the st-hubert store, another at the montreal one and a sniper with a couple bits of gear at the montreal one.
At first, the st-hubert store seemed pretty desolate, due to them getting robbed. The guy seemed okay, and after another visit later (to chrono a gun and buy a m90 spring) he still seemed okay, altough the service was not really there. nothing horrendous, but nothing good either.

I went to the montreal store three or four times (with some friends looking to start).
The first time (where i bought my pistol and sniper) i was met with pretty good customer service, namely not from martin but some other clerk working there. I was stoked (it felt friendlier than the st-hubert store) but it wasn't to last. The next times i went there, i had to deal with this martin guy and it was downright cold.
He wasn't as horrendous as described in the thread (at least not yet) but it was pretty bad customer service. We're all pretty scared to see how far it might devolve so we're deciding to skip it from now on. We discovered the lanaudiere place, seems pretty good altough slightly less accessible.

I've also recently seen how high his prices were compared to some other canadian e-tailers (and that's factoring in shipping and taxes). Ah well, a lesson hard-learned i guess. At least the center looks nice (and close).
mantakree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 23:29   #77
Drake
E-01

@Mantakree: I've heard from people who were chastised and even kicked out by Martin for asking too many questions; I've heard from people in his "entourage" how he mocks customers after they leave; refusing service/refunds/exchanges for defect/broken items, and the list goes on.

The guy at Airsoft Lanaudiere is a lot friendlier and a member of this community.

Also check out Prefair in Beloeil, they have a large selection of gear and an ever increasing selection of guns and accessories. And the guy there (Julien, callsign Flash on here) is a veteran airsofter who knows what he's talking about.
Old April 14th, 2018, 22:13   #78
groundraven

Send a message via MSN to groundraven
Does anyone know why airsoft qc is shutting down?
groundraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2018, 07:49   #79
Charlot1405

Alors c'est officiel, Airsoft Québec met fin Ã* ses opérations,

Comme les anglais disent, ''....IT WAS QUITE A RIDE....''

- Passage Ã* J.E. en 2012 Ã* cause d'un grand-père qui avait
acheter des fusils Airsoft Ã* ces petits fils de 11 ans.
http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2012/10/04/armes-ou-jouets

- Un vidéo Youtube avec près de 200,000 visionnements.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=airsoft+qc

- Saisi de fusils ''Jouets'' par Douanes Canada

- Banni trois fois par Facebook.

Merci pour ces belles années.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was their official Facebook post that signaled they were closing... They say that they went on JE, which is an TV show that exposes sketchy stores or companies, and since there was an interview with an old man that bought airsoft for his young grandsons, it made quite the news... Then they say that there was a YouTube video of some sort (probably the said show), and on top of that a lot of their guns were seized at customs, which is a real pain for smaller stores,as well as the fact that they have been banned from Facebook three times...

Kinda sucks that they closed, I enjoyed going there to buy me gear, was the only store close to where I lived. Although in the recent years their two stores closed, as well as their indoor field. Kinda seem like it was only a matter of time.
Charlot1405 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews