Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sandbox C9 Gunner Impression

:

Canadian

Old April 14th, 2010, 15:41   #1
punk_newbie

Sandbox C9 Gunner Impression

So I am trying to put together a current deployed C9 gunner impression. I've gotten the basics down so far, but I am hung up on what rig to get. It is my understanding there is a fair amount of commercial kit used, but narrowing down what is used by C9 gunners has been a bit of a challenge.

From what I've read the most popular commercial rig for C9 use is the CPGear MoFOCR. I can't quite justify spending almost $400 on a rig for airsoft and the inevitable zombie apocalypse. So this isn't high on my list to get.

The next choice I've found is the TT MAV in Coyote with X-Harness. I really like this set up and would like to get the MAV w/ pouches included out of ease and cost savings. The one question I have with this set up is would having Coyote pouches be acceptable or would I need to simply get the MAV and buy separate AR pouches?

The one I was looking at originally was the CPGear KISS rig w/ Gunner setup. It is basically a MAV, but available in Cadpat AR and easier ability to replace buckles. I don't think I would mind spending the extra money for this setup, except I have seen no mention of its use in my search.

I would greatly appreciate what ever insight you guys can provide and pictures would be great. I haven't been able to find many pictures of C9 gunners with a non issue vest, the ones I have found it has been pretty unclear what the rig in use was.
punk_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:07   #2
Kingly

any Infantry soldiers that I know, who have gone overseas, and are delegated the use of the C9 just use their issued vest.
Kingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:12   #3
Midma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly View Post
any Infantry soldiers that I know, who have gone overseas, and are delegated the use of the C9 just use their issued vest.
It is correct.

Look at this:

Midma
Midma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:16   #4
warbird

That is supposedly a JTF 2 member.
warbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:24   #5
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

With the relaxation on the use of "non issue rigs" over the past few years overseas, there really is no wrong choice here. Some of the most popular rigs I saw were made by TT, there was some CP gear but not much.

A CF member choosing to purchase their own gear would stick w/ CADPAT, or if it came to a solid colour green/tan. Stick to that and you'll be fine.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:25   #6
Midma

Not verified, and I'm not sure is one.

Probably, but he have a very low profile set-up.

Midma
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:29   #7
Midma

Others pictures to help you:

Midma
Old April 14th, 2010, 16:54   #8
Point_Man

Send a message via MSN to Point_Man
A pic of my buddy getting ready for a convoy. The rig is a Tan HSGI Woosatch with 4 C9 Box pouches across the front, 2 frag grenade pouches and a small utility pouch on the front. He also has a first aid pouch not seen in this picture.

Given the amount of ammo you have to carry issue tac vests are hardly, if ever seen on gunners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gunner Edited.jpg (274.1 KB, 211 views)
Point_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 17:14   #9
punk_newbie

Thank you all very much. I've decided to go with the TT MAV.
Old April 15th, 2010, 23:43   #10
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midma View Post
Thank God I saw a BFA on the end of that LMG, I was just about to ask if that guy knew how useless he'd be using a mag with a C9. For those that don't know (though if you're reading these forums, you probably do know), the C9 is famous for jams using magazines. Though the weapon was designed to use a magazine, it is more effective when belt-fed (200rd C9 box). In addition to that, also true in airsoft, a magazine is entirely short-lived when used in an LMG.

Doing a proper C9 gunner is a great idea, and I can't wait to see some photos out of it. But please, for the love of all that is holy, leave the damned mag at home LOL!

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 00:19   #11
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Funny you should mention that, they ended up developing a version of the M249 specifically for special forces use. They lightened the LMG by 1kg by scrapping the mag loading port, and made it belt feed only.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 13:16   #12
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
fyi; i did not once even see anybody wear a mav over there
four of the c9 gunners in my platoon had tag plate carriers
or british vests they scored off the paras
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 01:57   #13
punk_newbie

I've been looking over the gear and pictures and the TT MAV is starting to look smaller and smaller. Carrying 3 box mag pouches, IFAK, radio, plus future gear bits as I nail down the impression is looking next to impossible to fit on the set up. I like the HSGI Woosatch and it looks like it has the space for a good setup. Now just to find pouches that don't feel like bending me over.

Also, I'm sure standard carry varies from person to person, but for a basic foot patrol what would be a basic list of essential gear?
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:26   #14
marac

well if you want currently deployed look, you can go either with issue tac vest or a tactical tailor chest rig. most of the guys in my platoon currently use their issued tac vest 'cause they're forbidden to use their own rigs/vests simply because it doesn't have tactical tailor label on it.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:50   #15
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
simple for a c9 gunner;
ifak, ammo, frags, water, prr, knife, somewhere to put the NOD's
again some of the guys in my platoon managed to score the 100 round nutsacks from friendly yanks/ppcliers. but they all carried four boxes on em
repeat
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian