Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Why do I need to upgrade (or not) - with explanations!

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 22nd, 2006, 05:40   #31
warphotographer

hi! i'm a newbie in this airsofting hobby and a newbie in this site. i just got a CA M15A4 Carbine. i have a few questions:

1. i'm in the market of getting a battery pack and i'm looking at the NIMH sub-c. what's the strongest Volt and MaH should i get without frying my stock gun but still have some space to upgrade my gun close to 450fps in the future.

2. can you give me some ideas on what parts to change in order to reach the 450fps range? i hope to know what parts to modify first coz i can't afford to change everything at once.

hope to hear from you soon and learn more from this site More power to you all

thanks in advance
cleng
warphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:54   #32
Sgt_Lynch

Greets.

1. I wouldn't go much over 10 Volts. However, get as high of a MaH rating as you can. MaH is capacity, so the higher the better = longer usage before having to charge.

2. Thats subjective. Plus your in the Philippines. It's hard to tell whats available to you because I know Airsoft there is hard to get. A PDI 170% spring and metal bushings should get you close though.

Lynch
Old April 22nd, 2006, 11:58   #33
warphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Lynch
Greets.

1. I wouldn't go much over 10 Volts. However, get as high of a MaH rating as you can. MaH is capacity, so the higher the better = longer usage before having to charge.

2. Thats subjective. Plus your in the Philippines. It's hard to tell whats available to you because I know Airsoft there is hard to get. A PDI 170% spring and metal bushings should get you close though.

Lynch

thanks for the quick reply sgt_lynch :salute: so you think it'll be safe for me to use a sub c 9.6 and get the highest mah and i won't fry my gun? i agree with you, coz down here airsoft is still underground. i don't know why it's still illegal here in my country. :rrr: anyways, here's my planned upgrade.
1. PDI 190
2. Classic Army Piston Head w/ Bearing
3. Classic Army Spring Guide w/ Bearing
4. Metal Bushing

...what do you think? will i land close to 450fps with this set up? anymore suggestions within these price range? i'll be spending at least $50 or 2,300 pesos. i need your help coz i really don't want to spend that much for useless modifications.

regards
WP
Old April 22nd, 2006, 20:06   #34
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

you will need a stronger mechbox. I've got someone's mechbox in our shop that has started binding because it's got a spring in it that shoots 415 to 420 fps with .2s. He's actually lucky he sent it to me for a non firing issue (it wasn't firing because it was binding) because if he kept shooting it like he was he probably would have damaged internals when the mechbox exploded.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 23:02   #35
warphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
you will need a stronger mechbox. I've got someone's mechbox in our shop that has started binding because it's got a spring in it that shoots 415 to 420 fps with .2s. He's actually lucky he sent it to me for a non firing issue (it wasn't firing because it was binding) because if he kept shooting it like he was he probably would have damaged internals when the mechbox exploded.

thanks lisa! so what do you think is the safest way to upgrade it without breaking my mech box?

regards
WP
Old April 29th, 2006, 15:16   #36
chief 'mike'

silenced mp 5

skruface - really admire your work - some help may come in handy - how do i get my ca mp5sd 3 to become a real silenced one - just The POM set or some other tricks -some advise on types of POM set - systema/prometheus -- may come in handy -- also what's your idea about star precision barrels
keep up the good work
greetings from belgium and a fine pint of beer to you

greetings

chief
chief 'mike' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:35   #37
Falcon_MB

Send a message via MSN to Falcon_MB
lol... what a resurrection. On the plus side the information posted in 2003 is still VERY relevant today. I just came to reference some info for an upgrade I'm working on.

Thanks for the great guide Skruface, I'll call you when I blow my mechbox up after the upgrade.

Question: So all those red systema pistons are all fixed now? I'm looking at getting a systema piston/bushing/gear package, but it has a red piston. I'm assuming since the original post was from 2003 that this is a non-issue by now?
Old May 7th, 2006, 19:26   #38
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_MB
Question: So all those red systema pistons are all fixed now? I'm looking at getting a systema piston/bushing/gear package, but it has a red piston. I'm assuming since the original post was from 2003 that this is a non-issue by now?
Read my post that followed the original post. The pistons were "fixed" back in 2002.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 20:09   #39
Scyxor

this has actually been reposted on Arnie's Airsoft.
Old May 8th, 2006, 18:37   #40
MI6

What are the first things i should upgrade to get to around 350fps for increased accuracy and range?
MI6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 19:52   #41
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6
What are the first things i should upgrade to get to around 350fps for increased accuracy and range?
Read this entire thread, again, and again. It will eventually sink in that basic upgrades work for ANY AEG.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 02:18   #42
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

and then when you're done, read it again.

And when you're finally done reading it again, look at this: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.html
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 00:50   #43
AgentLinkDark

im curiouse. witch is a higher tourqe motor. an ICS turbo 2000 or a classic army stock motor( i am told is an EG1000) thanks.
AgentLinkDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:19   #44
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
eg1000 is the best one, but classic army are great to (copy of the eg1000) dont get a Ics turbo 2000 cause they have lots of problems, mine had a unglued magnet that jam the rotor and it was almost new...
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:47   #45
AgentLinkDark

ok kool because im getting a clasic army here soon and i already have an ics (both mp5's) and i was gonna either leve the ca motor in or swap em. i want the ca to be my main gun. and i plan to get a bore up cylender from systema and posibly a 120% or 130% pdi spring. witch brings me to my next question. i plan to replace the barrel but shoul i go with a 6.03 or a 6.04? i would immagine that a 6.03 would be better or is it to tight of a barrel? thanks
AgentLinkDark is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications