Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Snipers Corner

:

Other Regions

Old December 11th, 2007, 13:39   #301
Bauholzwolf
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Bauholzwolf
You can buy ones that are of the same design and function, and just add your own additional materials to so that it suits the environment. Google ghillie suits and you'll get a thousand sites.

One I have used in the past for bow hunting (they work GREAT) is http://www.ghilliesuits.com/
Bauholzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 13:43   #302
Primus
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Primus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Going a bit further with Primus' tip, you can keep sections of the burlap dry and then dump the entire square into the dye, the wet sections will take the dye, the dry sections won't take it very well.
I've been doing all my dying with dry burlap and it's taken the dye just fine even the bits I dump for a split second (albeit not as dark/colourful as the stuff that gets a 5 minute dunk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan
How much of a mess do you guys make? lol...
Put it this way, anything that has to do with my ghillie suit gets done in the great outdoors

Gray Fox Strategic - @grayfoxstrategic on Facebook / Instagram
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 14:20   #303
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
If I made you one Ronan, you wouldn't just be a wanker, you'd be a poser too. Lol

I've tried to dye dry burlap before and it barely worked at all. Could have been the type of burlap I used, but it barely caught much colour after.

One thing I've noticed with the burlap I buy is it has some sort of fire retardant on it, I guess because it's listed as for outdoor use, decoration (such as gluing to inside walls then painting), etc. Seems only an open flame makes it burn, and it isn't a rapid explosive burn, it's like paper.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 19:45   #304
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by memel View Post
I'm light-hearted AND I snipe........how can this be?
Forgot to mention that I was being sarcastic.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:04   #305
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Ive mentioned before and mention to people all the time is make your own ghillie suite. Those of us who made them know damm well they are time consuming and messy, but look at it in the long run, you have something that you made to the vegetation you play in, blends in and most importantly it conceals you from the observing eye, if you constructed your ghillie suit properly. However it is not always feasable for some people, nor do some people have the time to make thier own, so buying a pre made one is their best option. My recomendation is purchasing one from ghillie suits.com. The good thing is you can actually add the desired coloured jute on every second row, making the ghillie blend in more with the environment than it originally does.

Also once you have constructed your ghillie suit, drag it, this will make it look natural and not stand out. Ive mentioned before the rule of thumb on ghillie suits, 40% jute/garnish and 60% vegetation., which is not feasable in airsoft, hence why we have to make our ghillies look as natural as possible and not look like a man made piece of kit. I have my ways of "working" in my ghillies, and using them in the field is one of them.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:18   #306
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
If I made you one Ronan, you wouldn't just be a wanker, you'd be a poser too. Lol
No, i'd be Stalker Approved. Would make me so happy
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 20:24   #307
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic View Post
Forgot to mention that I was being sarcastic.
Oh, I apologize, my finely tuned sarcaso-meter must be on the fritz.......carry on.

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 16:24   #308
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by memel View Post
Oh, I apologize, my finely tuned sarcaso-meter must be on the fritz.......carry on.
Sort it out there troop and carry on.....
Old December 19th, 2007, 20:42   #309
Richard Nixon

Hey guys. new to this particular thread. i just found this sweet series of videos on youtube about the us army sniper school. there are 6 10min videos covering almost everything on sniping. its pretty intense stuff. anyways heres the link to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkydtFDnssc&feature=related

also check out other videos by this maverick guy, he has a bunch more on sniping. just thought you guys would like it. enjoy

Nixon
Old January 3rd, 2008, 20:25   #310
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
Hey guys. new to this particular thread. i just found this sweet series of videos on youtube about the us army sniper school. there are 6 10min videos covering almost everything on sniping. its pretty intense stuff. anyways heres the link to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkydtFDnssc&feature=related

also check out other videos by this maverick guy, he has a bunch more on sniping. just thought you guys would like it. enjoy

Nixon
Great find, it is a very intense course, here in Canada about 50% drop out rate.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:06   #311
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
I love that video, they play it on the Military Channel, TLC and Discovery every now and then. It's pretty badass. I got to meet a US Sniper when I was visiting my ex at Fort Knox. His stories about the training were awesome and they pretty much mirrored what is shown in that video.

Man... I really need a ghille smock. One with a camouflage ready hood. Can't really find any that I like.

I'm working on my M110 mod right now. Pretty easy to mod, not the cheapest, but almost all the parts either come with the base gun (G&P SR-25 URX CNC Process) or can be bought (like that tasty G&P "Knights Type Sniper Stock" they're now selling).

Ah, ADD post, pardon me...
Old January 4th, 2008, 15:12   #312
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Its intense. I was supposed to take a basic urban sniper course down in the states for a week back in May, and ended up being sent to Petawawa instead, that didnt make me happy oh well im sure ill have my opportunity once again.

I was in Fort Knox in 2005 as enemy force, myself and a few others were making our way to our ride, when I heard one of the American instructors hollering, thinking he was hollering to someone else I kept walking, he hollered again, I looked back and walked toward him, he asked me if I was on the sniper course they were running, I laughed, and said no, that I was on a exercise, he then asked me what country I was (I was in full combats wearing the red/white Canada flag, bush cap, od nuke bag and had my rifle) I laughed again, and pointed to the flag, he laughed and apologized. Unfortunatly I didnt have the time to talk to the instructor as we had timmings to meet, I would have loved to pick his brain on the subject as I didnt have the knowledge I have today.

All I can say is some of the Americans are very interesting people and others not so bright. I did get a chance to talk to a few tankers who were very knowledgable in the subject.

As for ghillie, go to www.ghilliesuits.com there you will find a variety of items. I highly recommend you make your own ghillie, rather than purchasing a pre made one.

Post a pic when ur done with your M110, id like to see the end result. Me personally recommend the APS2 series for bolt actions, they are pricey to upgrade, but it is worth it in the long run, believe me.
Old January 4th, 2008, 15:46   #313
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
All I can say is some of the Americans are very interesting people and others not so bright. I did get a chance to talk to a few tankers who were very knowledgable in the subject.
I remember my ex's platoon sarge kept visiting us while she was on convo (had to get foot surgury). He thought I was from Louisville, lol. Some lousy Canuck staying in barracks for a month, it was great.

Quote:
As for ghillie, go to www.ghilliesuits.com there you will find a variety of items. I highly recommend you make your own ghillie, rather than purchasing a pre made one.
I've checked em out plenty of times, and I'll be using them, but I will be making a "DM Smock" (doubt that's a real term, just what I call it lol) as I won't be needing a full ghille. Just a hooded top piece to help in scouting and recon for my DM role.

Quote:
Post a pic when ur done with your M110, id like to see the end result. Me personally recommend the APS2 series for bolt actions, they are pricey to upgrade, but it is worth it in the long run, believe me.
Yeah, I like the ASP2, but I'm just in love with the M110, it had my heart a flutter the moment I saw it. lol. The mod will be done for the summer season for sure. The hardest part will be the duracoat paint, but since Lauer Weaponry is now exporting it to Canada, that'll be a problem only so far as money is concerned
Old February 7th, 2008, 20:22   #314
Sha Do

Rather than mass PMing, figured that I'd just post here;

For all certified level 2 and 3 BA operators, please be advised that the ID cards are nearing the final completion stages and I will require each of you to PM me (a link to or such) a passport sized / style photo of yourself. The photo must have a one color background (no dark colours please) and you cannot be wearing any form of head wear (you may were a BDU shirt/jacket or what ever). The picture must be a clear image that can be used to positivly identify you.
Attach your call sign and real name, or your card will not be issued.
I will eventually PM each of you if you do not respond to this by the time the cards hit "production".

Thanks;
SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 15:06   #315
youonlywish

Just starting out

Time to bring some life back into this thread.

I'm JUST starting my Ghillie.

I quite literally, JUST finished dying the burlap. I'll be sure to post pics.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions