Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Regulations on import updated?

:

General

Old May 12th, 2018, 08:24   #1
Caninjap

Send a message via MSN to Caninjap
Smile Regulations on import updated?

Hi, I've done the research about the rules in this forum and am aware of the Goldilocks zone of 366-500 being able to import, but most of the posts are 5+ years old.I would like to know if there has been any update/changes on the rules.

Also does anyone know what kind of documentation I'll need to prove the gun is within the legal limit?
I'll be shipping by myself because I'm currently living in Tokyo and will be moving back to Canada soon.
Caninjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 10:33   #2
cetane

Still in the 366-500 limit area. Needs manufactures documents stating it shoots above 366 fps with 0.20’s and good chance they will test it once landed
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2018, 13:31   #3
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caninjap View Post
Hi, I've done the research about the rules in this forum and am aware of the Goldilocks zone of 366-500 being able to import, but most of the posts are 5+ years old.I would like to know if there has been any update/changes on the rules.

Also does anyone know what kind of documentation I'll need to prove the gun is within the legal limit?
I'll be shipping by myself because I'm currently living in Tokyo and will be moving back to Canada soon.
Good luck.

To modify a gun to fire the required limit has you breaking the Swords and Firearms Possession Control Law (銃砲刀剣類所持等取締法).
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018, 03:46   #4
Caninjap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Good luck.

To modify a gun to fire the required limit has you breaking the Swords and Firearms Possession Control Law (銃砲刀剣類所持等取締法).
Yup, I'm aware of that. Do you think it'll matter if i modify and then send it back to Canada even as I am not using it on Japan fields? Then again as I'm doing it on Japan soil it is then illegal isn't it?
Old May 13th, 2018, 04:36   #5
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caninjap View Post
Yup, I'm aware of that. Do you think it'll matter if i modify and then send it back to Canada even as I am not using it on Japan fields? Then again as I'm doing it on Japan soil it is then illegal isn't it?
If you are in possession of a functional airsoft gun that shoots above the limit you're violating the law.

If you choose to break the Japanese law to conform with Canadian import law, that's your own choice.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018, 04:58   #6
Drake
E-01

Published specs for the gun are what they usually consider for FPS. Aftermarket upgrades leaves you open to seizure and losing your gun for months as its sent off for "testing."

And 500fps doesn't apply to airsoft (you're way under the joule limit with .2g)
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:43   #7
Caninjap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
If you are in possession of a functional airsoft gun that shoots above the limit you're violating the law.

If you choose to break the Japanese law to conform with Canadian import law, that's your own choice.
Not going to break the law of course. It'll just jeopardize my stay in Japan. Thanks for sharing the thoughts. Helps clear my thoughts
Old May 13th, 2018, 09:40   #8
Freeze

A possibility is to stop at Hong Kong for a bit when you move back to Canada. The only rule in HK is that it must not fire 2+ joules. Other than that don't wave them around in public etc.

During this stop in HK, modify your guns to conform with the Canadian firearms laws at a shop such as Redwolf or something, and have them chrono it and have the chrono sheet inside the box.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 00:16   #9
Caninjap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
A possibility is to stop at Hong Kong for a bit when you move back to Canada. The only rule in HK is that it must not fire 2+ joules. Other than that don't wave them around in public etc.

During this stop in HK, modify your guns to conform with the Canadian firearms laws at a shop such as Redwolf or something, and have them chrono it and have the chrono sheet inside the box.
You read my mind lol. I was thinking of going back to visit my family in Hong Kong and do as you said. Guess I'll have to take that route then
Old June 8th, 2018, 17:42   #10
Omnivorous

I was also wondering about this, but from the United States and Canada. I see companies ship to Canada and will guarantee they make it past customs, but if I bought it in the States and brought it across, would I need paperwork to show that it's within the right fps?

Obviously I would declare it, and I'm not interested in bringing an airsoft gun across if there's any chance it's going to be confiscated or I'm going to get into trouble for doing it.
Omnivorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2018, 21:57   #11
Sidster71

I import weekly from the US and as long as I can prove or direct the CB officer on where to go to find the fps they are cool with it and just have to pay taxes. Even on the case of the PTS Masada from Evike rated that it shoots 350 to 380 they searched around and still let it thru.
Sidster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 23:51   #12
fortsmithman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
And 500fps doesn't apply to airsoft (you're way under the joule limit with .2g)
While it is under the joule limit CBSA may still seize it. With CBSA it all depends on the officer some officers may say one item is perfectly legal, and let an item through. On the other hand a different officer might decide the same item is illegal, and seize the item.
fortsmithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 10:41   #13
Danke

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General