Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is hero outdoors legit?

:

General

Old May 12th, 2018, 18:47   #61
Feels

My first and only purchase from Hero was a WE M&P pistol. Got it in the mail and it would fire one bb and discharge all the gas. Made sure it wasnt a mag issue too. Called them and they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do and recommended me some techs in the area. So yea got this gun laying around at home never played with it once since the tech said it wouldnt be worth fixing might aswell buy a new pistol. Very disappointed with their 'not our problem anymore' approach. Havent bought from them a second time.
Feels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 16:49   #62
Asclepeus

Hero outdoors

Just thought I'd share my recent experience with Hero Outdoors. Ordered a plate carrier, Hydration pack, and a condor medical pouch. I had seen the part of the website where they say it can take up to 10 days to ship items. After a few days I sent a email inquiring when the items would ship. Email was ignored, another email, a facebook message, and finally a 3rd email before I received a canned response.

"Good afternoon,

your order has been processed but please note that as stated on our shipping page, Hero does allow a time period of up to 10 business days to process and ship an order depending on the queue of orders at the time and to arrange transfers from our different warehouses All orders with any or all airsoft parts or guns are subject to longer delays ( up to 20 business day) due to the CBSA mandatory customs border inspections for any airsoft related items. . A tracking # will assigned to you from Canada Post via email. We appreciate your patience. Thanks,
Hero Outdoors"
So basically we have your money, and we will ship your stuff when we get around to it.

At this point I responded and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money, I had a event coming up and couldn't wait a undetermined time for the items.

I then received a email stating that my items were stuck at CBSA with the rest of a shipment from their U.S. "warehouse" being held for inspection, and that Hero outdoors had spent days and days on the phone with multiple departments of the CBSA attempting to get the shipment released and mine would ship the second they got it. Sounds like a great excuse except for 2 problems, Their site specifically states I should order from them to avoid tie-ups at the border, and I use to work in the compliance department of a major trucking company and know exactly what happens when a shipment is held for inspection. It sits in a bonded warehouse for a few days and then if you haven't broken any laws it gets released, you don't spend days on the phone.
I once again requested my order be cancelled and my money refunded at which point they have stopped responding to my emails.

TL;DR
Terrible customer service, faster to order from the states or china

UPDATE 06/06/18 A week after they claim to have shipped my package Canada Post still has no record of ever receiving the item. Hero Outdoors now claims that Canada Post has lost the package and it's not their problem.

Last edited by Asclepeus; June 6th, 2018 at 23:45.. Reason: Update
Asclepeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2018, 23:50   #63
LGswift

Thumbs down The worst possible service

Have made several orders, each time they ship way later than even they indicate in their policy.

No correspondence sent as to why there is a delay, they don't care.

Look elsewhere if you can.
LGswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2018, 00:26   #64
XON50

I think I left a review when they first opened. I ordered a pistol and got it within a few days and I was happy with the experience.

However, each time I’ve ordered from them since, I’ve had a worse and worse experience. They’ll list things as in stock but it apparently takes them weeks to ship things out cause they have to “coordinate” with their other warehouses to send the items out? Lolwut. I’ve had items from China and Japan arrive faster. I’d understand if what I ordered was on backorder and it take more time, but don’t make your customer wait weeks for items that are supposed to be in stock.

I will say that all my orders do eventually arrive and items are as advertised. But after my last experience, I’m not sure I will order from them again.
Old May 29th, 2018, 15:19   #65
Gr33nM9n

My personal experience with Hero was very good last summer and before that, since this past fall they seem to have really dropped off not only with stock but especially with shipping times, things are moving incredibly slow and at the moment I wouldn't recommend buying from them for this reason, especially airsoft stuff. Their customer service is usually pretty good but I'm not surprised to hear of people having issues either, I've heard it from multiple people in person as well.
Gr33nM9n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2018, 12:01   #66
fate9834

Well, I was little skeptical about their online selection for GBBs so I went to their store the other day to check it out.

And the answer is no, most of the GBBRs are not in stock, for example the VFC or WE Tech SCAR-H GBBRs. You'll have to place a "special" order for them to import for you and it may take several weeks.
fate9834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:12   #67
Ω

Online store: Nice website and all, but that is where it ends. First order was, slow, but not painfully. Second order for some 40mm pouches took forever. I basically gave up and they magically showed up a two months later.

Retail Store: This I liked. Wide selection of pouches, vests, uniforms, etc. Their selection of AEGs and GBBs are somewhat limited but functional. Their internal AEG parts section did impress me with as I was able to find several items that I couldn't find at dedicated airsoft retailers.

End result: Online bad, retail good.

Brotherhood means that I will always come for you,,, no matter the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaryn View Post
Ive eaten so many rations in my life that I've considered setting traps and eating dead squirrels as a viable alternative.
Ω is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2019, 23:24   #68
Tommy528

I found they ship at about half the speed of smell..

The other issue I just discovered on a google search was that they were listing the same gun for $230 more than other stores in the area....

Unless I'm missing something here..... Very sketchy IMO....

Hero selling this CM16-SRL for $554.99
https://www.herooutdoors.com/g-g-com...9-keymod-rail/

Toronto Airsoft for $324.95
https://www.torontoairsoft.com/GG-CC...CK_p_4616.html

Camouflage.ca for $324.99
https://www.camouflage.ca/g-g-combat...soft-rifle-aeg
Tommy528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 11:45   #69
Yannix

Me and a team mate tried to order stuff from hero outdoors in the last year; Half the stuff is never in stock and they dont call you anymore, you have to call them when you notice the package is not shipping.

Delay to ship is crazy long sometimes and the customer service is meh.

Don't bother sending emails, Call them or nothing will be done if you have a problem.
Also most of their stuff is crazy overpriced, Look around for your items Before ordering there, we've had instances where it was cheaper (including shipping and customs fees) than ordering on hero. Also Faster through evike.

My friend still tries sometimes because this was a good site back then. But now its just not worth it most of the time.

Last edited by Yannix; March 11th, 2019 at 11:51..
Yannix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 11:56   #70
FULLMETAL

another bad one...

Ordered 4 GHK Co2 mags for a viper (over $400 for 4 mags). 4 days with no updates on the shipping called them and they told me it would take several weeks to fulfill the order because they are in backorder at the manufacturer (they were supposed to be in stock) no one updated, if I dont call I can wait for several weeks with no updates.

So no updates on their end, you have to email them to cancel the orders (they wont do it thru phone). They have a shit load of cool stuff, but in my opinion a shitty service.

First and last order. I HATE this kind of companies, If I wanted to order from Asia I would do it myself, don't need a middle man. Ordered in Canada to support local and to get my stuff faster.

(side note / Edit) just ordered from Redwolf, same items and saved 150 bucks.

Last edited by FULLMETAL; April 11th, 2019 at 14:14..
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 21:46   #71
Ronald Chang

The main reason for their shipment delay is they have to get it from their partner in US. Items in stock reflects they are available in US both not in store. They will ship it from US after receiving order. This explains why they have seriously delay.

So the best way if you don't live too far, go to their store and buy it. Otherwise, don' t even think about it.
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 22:12   #72
RainyEyes

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Chang View Post
The main reason for their shipment delay is they have to get it from their partner in US. Items in stock reflects they are available in US both not in store. They will ship it from US after receiving order. This explains why they have seriously delay.

So the best way if you don't live too far, go to their store and buy it. Otherwise, don' t even think about it.
Their partners are evike. If you can get it cheaper ordering legally from evike to be imported into Canada it's often better than buying off herooutdoors. If you have things that you absolutely must import through a third party or want to pick up in store then heroes isn't bad for those purposes.

For the most part I agree, it's actually cheaper AFTER shipping to order directly from the US but that is only up until you need things that you're not comfortable importing yourself.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2019, 16:00   #73
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Their partners are evike. If you can get it cheaper ordering legally from evike to be imported into Canada it's often better than buying off herooutdoors. If you have things that you absolutely must import through a third party or want to pick up in store then heroes isn't bad for those purposes.

For the most part I agree, it's actually cheaper AFTER shipping to order directly from the US but that is only up until you need things that you're not comfortable importing yourself.
Airsoft is an expensive hobby, so I usually go to a store to check out the items I want to buy.

I can make sure it works properly or meet my requirements before I buy.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2019, 16:07   #74
Sidster71

F&^K Hero

Worst company I've ever used. Sad that they are in Canada. They buy their one offs from Evike and you end up waiting for 6 weeks for something you could have got from Evike in 10 days or trigger Airsoft in 7 days.

I would rather stick needles in my eyes than ever deal with them again...
Sidster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2019, 09:57   #75
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

I had a positive experience from Hero Outdoors. But I do see a lot of complaints and bad reviews happening specifically from their On Stock items on their Online store.

I believe the best way to alleviate that is just being more transparent like how Best Buy currently does it in which they actually list whether the product is either: In Stock, In Store or Purchasing from Vendor. But since they do not have that feature on the website as of yet, then your best course of action is CALL OR EMAIL THE STORE. I call their store to ask and get a quick answer to know if they need to order it in.

After I got into an issue with my online order they ended up fixing it. Here was how it went:

I received superb customer service from the In-store and Online Order staff!

In-store Staff - they were very helpful and told me about the sales items I would be interested as oppose to my first choice items. The items they suggested ended up being better than the initial items I thought I would buy. They also spent 30 minutes with me, testing different Airsoft Grenade Launchers.

Online Order Staff - I had an issue with my order but after a quick chat with their rep and the manager they were able to resolve it within an hour. Usually it takes about 24-48 hours to get a response to an issue from other online retailers. Great customer service and very understanding.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General