Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgrade to DMR

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 2nd, 2019, 13:56   #1
joshua3302

Upgrade to DMR

If I go the DMR route what is the best course of action?
Buy a decent AEG like the Krytac spr Mk2 then upgrade. My field allows a 450 fps for DMR. I could upgrade the spring and cut it to maximize fps but sometimes a stronger spring puts more stress of gun, so what other parts do I need for durability of are the higher end guns internals strong enough to handle it? Other upgrades to increase range tighter barrel, new hop up etc.
Thanks for any advice.
joshua3302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 18:23   #2
Hiker_Boy

If you want a DMR, buy a gun designed to be a DMR. Dont get me wrong, as an owner of the Krytac SPR, it's a great rifle but it's also a fantastic gun on it's own and I can use it in milsims like MSW. Rigged as DMR, it would not be accepted at some milsims. G&G TR16 MBR 308 makes a great DMR. A M14 makes a great DMR. Enjoy the Ktytac for what it does best, gives you great range and accuracy without being a DMR.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Hiker_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2019, 21:30   #3
Drake
E-01

Fields that allow higher FPS for a DMR usually want semi-locked DMRs; your AEG probably isn't going to cut it. Also if you believe the extra 50 fps will confer any significant advantage, you should wait a while to go down the DMR path; reaching for that extra 50 fps should be the last of your tweaking concerns: if you can't place accurate shots at 350 fps then all you're doing is throwing out inaccurate shots at higher velocity. You might as well get an LMG instead.

What you really want to do, if you're serious about a DMR, is upgrade the internals for consistency (solid seals and smooth operation). You can't be accurate if the amount of air being pushed out varies significantly between shots. Better inner barrel and hopup setup are also a must.
Old June 5th, 2019, 09:45   #4
joshua3302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker_Boy View Post
If you want a DMR, buy a gun designed to be a DMR. Dont get me wrong, as an owner of the Krytac SPR, it's a great rifle but it's also a fantastic gun on it's own and I can use it in milsims like MSW. Rigged as DMR, it would not be accepted at some milsims. G&G TR16 MBR 308 makes a great DMR. A M14 makes a great DMR. Enjoy the Ktytac for what it does best, gives you great range and accuracy without being a DMR.

I just thought upgrading a Krytac for more accuracy and distance then having two spring sets you can change out quickly would save money switching between DMR and regular AEG. It may not be the perfect DMR but would save money. The question is would the modified spring with an extra 30 fps make that much difference? The option is to just buy a Krytac and a sniper rifle to upgrade and forget the DMR route.
joshua3302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2019, 14:41   #5
Hiker_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3302 View Post
I just thought upgrading a Krytac for more accuracy and distance then having two spring sets you can change out quickly would save money switching between DMR and regular AEG. It may not be the perfect DMR but would save money. The question is would the modified spring with an extra 30 fps make that much difference? The option is to just buy a Krytac and a sniper rifle to upgrade and forget the DMR route.
With stronger springs comes the need for a stronger motor and tougher gears. One change always causes a ripple effect. If all you're looking for is a modest change in FPS, just go with a tighter bore inner barrel. It'll get you not only a small increase in FPS but more precise groupings.

Hiker_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications