Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tsd l96 Sniper rifle?

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 26th, 2013, 16:10   #16
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
R

Let me rewrite that for you

A shitty cheap gun filled with shitty cheap parts, including shitty hop up will NOT shoot as far or as accurately as a correctly tuned TM compatible rifle with the correct upgrades.

Do not give out bullshit information.
I have a 270$ cheap Mauser sr22. I installed a 6.03 tight bore and a marui hop up and it shoots as far as any other sniper with the same fps.

Last edited by QUATTROISKING; March 26th, 2013 at 16:23..
QUATTROISKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 16:14   #17
redneck12

Quattro you might want to edit your post this isn't the AV section.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 16:23   #18
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
Quattro you might want to edit your post this isn't the AV section.
Thank you
Old March 26th, 2013, 16:53   #19
redzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATTROISKING View Post
I have a 270$ cheap Mauser sr22. I installed a 6.03 tight bore and a marui hop up and it shoots as far as any other sniper with the same fps.
well that is because you upgraded it, pretty sure that the OP ask for a cheap springer that preforms well without upgrades, so stock shitty pieces inside
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 22:47   #20
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Oh my god!

It's alive...We all thought you were dead in a Bangkok gutter or something.
Geez, you do a little blow and your heart stops and people declare you legally dead for 3 minutes. Best Bangkok gogo dancer bar ever, had all you could eat curry.

Quote:
Some people make me wonder. A cheap gun shooting at 450fps with the hop up tuned correctly, will shoot just as far as an expensive tm rifle at the same speed. There guns don't deny the laws of physics! There the same guys that will tell you that there 2000$ guns are the best thing they have ever bought. And everything else is a p.o.s.
I do agree with you on some parts. I would like to present the Echo 1 M28 platform as an example for my thoughts in regards to your statement. While it does perform admirably, its internals leave a little bit to be desired for. The internals Im referring to in question actually have nothing to do with the FPS at all, more so in the mechanics. Running the M28 stock with a high FPS will wear down the piston/sear set very quickly leading to slam fires. Upgrade parts are available but they are costly and somewhat rarer than usual do to the proprietary piston. However, with a classic army M24 you could throw a heavier spring in there and use it without too much worry in regards to heavy wear.

Externally speaking the feel of both platforms is fantastic, good weight, finish and all that jazz. When stacked against a lower end VSR you can really feel and physically see the differences in quality.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; March 26th, 2013 at 22:55.. Reason: Forgot what I was typing and started ranting about cats.
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 23:11   #21
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Geez, you do a little blow and your heart stops and people declare you legally dead for 3 minutes. Best Bangkok gogo dancer bar ever, had all you could eat curry.
Yeah, but that happens to you so many times that we never know which one will be the last.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 00:11   #22
Jagd
Jagdalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBisnett View Post
So ive already got a jg m16 that i enjoy quite a bit and was thinking about upgrading it and making it better. Someone i know is selling there tsd l96 sniper with and upgraded plastic trigger box to a metal one and also an upgraded bolt. comes with a bipod and 3-9x40 scope.

Now i posted before wanting a sniper and alot of people ripped me apart saying how a sniper is a bad choice for a first gun, without putting a ton of money into a good starter sniper. But im really thinking about picking this up for $250.

Are they really not worth getting unless you put a ton of money into them?
Whats your opinion on the gun?
I do have a tsd l96 myself, but the only stock part left is the main body and cylinder + bolt handle and end cap. Everything else has been upgraded.

No real expensive upgrades besides the pdi hop-up chamber which is the most crucial part.

The upgrade that you are mentionning above are not significant upgrades and will not change the performance of your rifle. I have the metal trigger assembly on mine too, it is good to have but will not give you a better performing bolt.

You do not need to dump alot of money on your bolt to make it a good bolt, get a good 6.03, 6.05 TB barrel (madbull are enough, no need to pay more than that) the pdi-hop up chamber is a must and will make a big impact on the performance of your gun, good hop-up rubber like the pdi w, plus a piston and piston head from modify (look at airsoftparts.ca) and you are all set (a good scope like the Bushnell trophy series with a good eye relief is a must too). I have this set-up and the number of kills that I have racked up with that bolt is impressive to say the least (lots of people can testify to that on this forum)

No need for expensive pdi and laylax upgrades all the way. But you need to invest a minimum. My stock tsd l96 was less accurate than a pistol at 60-70 feet, it was utter garbage. If you get a clone you need to upgrade it right away, no choice. If you get an original one you can keep the stock configuration for a little longer.

Bottom line, if you were thinking of buying that bolt action and not do any upgrades to it, well your throwing your money away, simple as that. You will have no fun, and you will get owned/countersniped against everything save a springer pistol!
Old March 27th, 2013, 00:32   #23
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Yeah, but that happens to you so many times that we never know which one will be the last.
As long as I have fist full of adderal and a water bottle full of midori and vodka Im good to go....at least until I wake up in a dumpster wearing some other persons clothing, covered in only what I can conceive to be hobo semen and glitter. Thats only ever happened twice, anyone else who says other wise is a dirty liar.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:01   #24
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Some people make me wonder. A cheap gun shooting at 450fps with the hop up tuned correctly, will shoot just as far as an expensive tm rifle at the same speed. There guns don't deny the laws of physics! There the same guys that will tell you that there 2000$ guns are the best thing they have ever bought. And everything else is a p.o.s.
FPS is not the standard used to determine range.
It's proven fact that because of varying quality of internals, a 360fps aeg can out range a 470fps sniper rifle.

The problem with everyone wanting to be a sniper is not neccesarilly the platform, but the person.
Do you have any idea how incredibly useless most snipers are in airsoft?
Its one of those things you can't be good at unless you're REALLY good at it. Everyone else just makes for easy targets.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:20   #25
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Most nubs want to be snipers because they're afraid of getting shot, they haven't been shot before so they think it'll hurt more than it does, that's why they all want to "buy a sniper"
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:02   #26
Mr. Gruntsworthy

ITT: Assumptions and accusations; assumptions and accusations everywhere

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:14   #27
chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Most nubs want to be snipers because they're afraid of getting shot, they haven't been shot before so they think it'll hurt more than it does, that's why they all want to "buy a sniper"
Maybe most.. I played first with borrowed AEG's and decided it wasnt for me. Picked up a CA M24 and have LOVED it ever since. Mind you, nothing in it is stock now and I am about $6-700 into the build. I am usually right there with the rest of the team fighting the fight. Still learning the "roll" but having a good time getting good hits, etc.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:40   #28
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Have you ever actually PLAYED airsoft?
What you said makes NO sense and is simply disinformation.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:05   #29
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Have you ever actually PLAYED airsoft?
What you said makes NO sense and is simply disinformation.
:O so why not explain to me how a cheaper gun shooting 450fps with a properly tuned hop up (30$) and a 6.03. Tightbore(25$) will not have the same distance as a very expensive gun???
Does a 30$ cilinder head put extra pixxy dust on the 6mm bb?

And do I play airsoft? No... I used to play with Lego and silly putty, I do milsim.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:17   #30
Strelok

Having built guns both on clone and quality platforms, there is certainly a difference.

TSD VSR-10's cylinder dimensions vary, some are tighter, some are loose. For the life of me I could not get a proper or consistent compression from the gun using the stock cylinder or hopup unit. You will get 'reasonable' accuracy, but nothing that an AEG can't do without similar upgrading. It makes the rifle somewhat redundant. And for the price of upgrading to a better cylinder, you would have spent enough to have just bought a proper base gun in the first place.

I'm currently in the middle of building a proper, TM based VSR with laylax internals. I'm just waiting on my tightbore to arrive. I'm still using the stock cylinder and hopup unit with everything else properly upgraded, installed and tuned. The accuracy and range i'm getting out of this is a lot more satisfying than the equivalent on a TSD base. No problems at all.

Consistency out of a rifle is very important. I want to be sure when I pull that trigger, that the BB will go where I want it. No fliers, nothing else.

Using a TSD, if you plan on replacing 'EVERYTHING' is alright. But I'll find clone guns, stock aside from minor fixes to be lacking.

Last edited by Strelok; March 27th, 2013 at 11:21..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank